Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
Secret Cow Level: Yes

Ubers: Yes

Keys and Body Parts: Yes

Torches: Yes

Runewords: Yes

Runes: A little easier to find the higher level runes.

New Sets: Yes, ones for Low, Mid, and High lvled characters

D2 Sets: Some but not all of them.

Charms: Yes including skill charms (unique as well)

New Classes: Hell Yes

Synergies: Yes

New Weapons/Armor/Rings/Amulets Ideas: Yes

New Bosses: Yes

New Monsters: Yes

Baal/Diablo/Meph: Yes, I think these guys should be put back into D3. They are three important keys to the game. I would like to see something like the soulstones were recreated and the three evils returned to continue their reigns of chaos.

Lesser Evils Rise: Yes I think the lesser evils are almost mandatory in D3

New Quests/Acts: Yes (i would like to see atleast 4-6 new acts)

Character Customization: Not Really (i've heard a lot of talk about tattooes/warpaint and i'm not real fond of it, it all ends up being covered by armor, ethereal as well). I think the way the character looks with a set of full gear gives it enough customization. Also there has been talk of whether a class should be made as both male and female. Truthfully the way the classes are set up genderwise, is fine. I've heard of people talking about necromancer's and such being female, I don't like it.

Party Synergies: All characters should be able to benefit off of skills. To make
it easier to understand here is an example: The Sorceress has the ability to use Energy Shield, and the Necromancer the ability to use Bone Shield. I think it would be cool if they could use those skills and give party members protection with those skills for a period of time. It would add a new dimension to the game.

Tournaments: Now I dont know if tournaments are held online at all but i think that would be badass if they did. I know there is the occasional clan battles, but if Blizzard made a tournament server I think the game could get very very interesting.

These are some of the things I would like to see D3 have. There should be some old school things put into it because it is going to be very challenging to create a whole new set of armor/weapons/rings etc...but thats just what i think.

If there is anything you guys would like to add feel free...Im open to anything.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
Those things you said no to were also said no to in Diablo 2, so I don't see the point of this thread, there are stickies andyou should provide information.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Dude..Um.. If all of those are in D3, then D3 is going to be BORING. Why would want them to put all the same stuff from D2 back into D3. And Nemo is right..

Acid Reign

Member!
Reaction score
The thing that will/would make D3 the most enjoyable is to have aspects in the game that are different from D2. If D3 had all you just mentioned, D3 would be more like D2:2

Although I do agree with bringing back the Three Prime Evils and new Lesser Evils. Diablo just wouldn't be the same without the Big Red Dog. And obviously D3 will need new acts/areas to venture in.

Tall N White

Member!
Reaction score
I'm not saying it has to be exactly the same thing as D2....The keys can be put in different spots, new runewords won't be hard to do, the Secret Cow lvl owns so why get rid of it. So just put your mind in a different aspect and realize that I don't want D3 being overwhelmed with things from the 2nd, I'm
just saying there are certain things from D2 that i want to see added into D3. You're acting like there isn't new ways of incorporating these things in a different way.

And EmoNemo there wasnt one thing i said "no" to in the thread, there was a "not really" but i didnt see any "no."

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
No offense, but basicically from what I read you want a new patch.

The whole point of having a new game rather then a patch is because ... well ... new, and not the same old stuff.

Why make a new game and drop the same old crap into it. Cow lvl yes its cool, but, why have the same old thing, when their are far other (maybeeven better) options.

Ubers, basically the only thing the new patch was good for. Again, other options could be better.

3 primes being in the D3 game, I would say at least Diablo has to be in it, since the title of the game and the game itself revolves around him. If he isnt in the next game, it's not really a sequal/prequal in my eyes. I would consider that a branch off game (like how WoW is for WC)

Just about everything else is a must have for a new game, you always need new things to find/do ect. If not it's a step backwards.

lastly the reason why some items like the high runes are so "hard" to find is because they are in fact higher, if they were lower/ easier to find, their would be no real need to find them and trade for items, everyone would have them.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Hanni said:
The thing that will/would make D3 the most enjoyable is to have aspects in the game that are different from D2. If D3 had all you just mentioned, D3 would be more like D2:2
Yeah, I totally agree with that. Hmm..Well lets just wait as usual for D3 and then see what happens. And why do people keep making threads on such uninteresting topics?:yum

Jacks

Reaction score
You all have a point about the first post. If you keep all the stuff from the old game, or even most or just a lot of it, it results in a very similar and almost boringly same game. I agree with Pale Horse on the fact that it looks like Tall N White just wants a new patch. Based on what you asked for, Tall N White, that is just a new patch. You didn't ask for anything insanely "new".

You said no to customization. True, it's going to be covered by armor, but if you remember your armor doesn't always cover all your body. It truly depends on what you're wearing, plus circlets let you see your head and stuff. So if customization was added, you would be able to see it, if you wanted to show it off. Male/Female choices is just another aspect to customization, Tall N White. Obviously you don't seem to mind too much if you don't have a choice, but some people like playing female characters, whereas some like playing males. It might help also with a bit of the gender mistakes, as I know I've been refferred to as a female quite a few times when playing a sorceress, amazon, or assasin. Some people don't like that, and would like to have a male version of those characters (and the converse, female versions of the males).

Overall though I must side with the others on this, your description of what you want in D3 is easily attainable through a patch to D2. It's good that you shared though.