What I have planned as of now.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'd like to do a few things to get some posts going, some content and something in here more than just the 'usual' talk so heres what I've come up with; Feel free to give opinions on whatever you see fit.

Weekly:

Tuesdays - Random anime movie or short series review (with link to torrent hopefully) and discussion.
Wednesdays - Random trade paperback or story arc or mini-series/short lived series review (with link to torrent hopefully)

Monthly:

15th - Season review from a random anime or comic animed show.

So...I dunno, I can take care of it for a while, but I wanna know if you'll put some effort into these with me cause if not then I'm not gonna bother. If you guys wanna pick up the review for the week just let me know and it's all good. What I hope to have is 5 or 6 of us that can do it so we can have differernt voices, picks, styles, so on and so forth.

If theres anything else you can think of review wise let me know.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
With the reviews, all of us will have our input anyways since it'll be a thread. You'll have to find someone that's watched the anime or read the arc/mini-series, or you could be pre-emptive and give us a torrent or something to download a week before hand so we can give results.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
My only question is this: have we moved past the "omg we do not speak of torrents" stage? I haven't been here for awhile, but last I heard it was one of those things we don't directly reference for legal reasons.

Aside from that, it sounds cool. I'm not really up on this circuit, but with informative info like what you're planning I may actually get into it a little bit.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Torrents aren't illegal. They are a few KB of data used to connect people to transfer some sort of file. The torrent itself has little to do with illegal material.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
So ruleth Pan. lol, yeah I know...but that's the principle of the matter. In practice, torrents are generally used to conduct illegal filesharing, therefore I thought it was "taboo."

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I got the OK from kinkarso to post torrents, as long as it's not a "direct download" to whatever the case is, and as long as it isn't going overboard.

You guys personally arn't allowed to post torrents, without my permission, got it? Sorry, that's the way it's gonna be so if it does ever fail and get taken away it will be my fault, and not the fault of the community.

I plan on there being maybe 3 torrent file links a week, so it's not that big of a deal. Also, I've made up my mind as to how the reviews are gonna happen and it's gonna essentially be something like this. I'll pick (to start, until this all starts going more smoothly) the series/movie/whatever the day or two days before the review is to go up, with a link to where you can download it. From there, the day of the reviews (as posted earlier) I'll edit my original post with my personal review (or whoevers review it is) and from there we can go. This way theres some discussion before the 'review day' about it, some after, so on and so forth.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
should we change the name since it looks liek we are including anything that is animated?

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
No and no.

Scan sites = direct linking, which Kinkarso doesn't want.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
should we change the name since it looks liek we are including anything that is animated?
No, and let me clarify. This is a comic/manga forum mainly, but anything that's derived from them (anime, cartoons, movies, so on and so forth) are game to be discussed here.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yeah well, I've always done things different on the forums now havn't I?

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
branch out and read other stuff.

and i swear to god if someone comes in here and starts handing out infractions im going to flip a ****.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Infractions for what? Being beautiful? Also, I do read other stuff. I just tend to like a few DC things like Green Lantern, Teen Titans, Nightwing and some others I can't remember. :(

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
did you read the sinestro corps war? it was awesome.

also from that list, i suggest you try out JSA. it's a pretty good team book, some legacy heroes some non, but Geoff Johns is a ****ing amazing writer and he's on it so it's not bad.

also, Nightwing's latest arc "freefall" by Tomasi is one of the best arc's for nightwing since the first 6 or so by Dixon. so if you havnt read those, I definatly reccomend them.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, I'm up-to-date on Nightwing. I might need to go back and check out JSA. Any idea on when a good place to start is? I know I looked at a few of them randomly, but they were probably in the middle of arcs and didn't make sense. Also, the older Flash looks gay. I stand by that. And yes, the Sinestro Corps is awesome. I look forward to the Color Wars... Heh.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'd say start from the newest series start. It's only like 20 or so in, and they're pretty good.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
We have Punisher, The Dark Knight, and Hellboy II (although you have told me you dont exactly read Dark Horse comics very often) coming out soon. Plus a various amount of Marvel releases just done now. You are probably going to end up doing things like compare them to the actual comic references and tell the people if its worth paying the 20 dollars at the theatre.

As for the torrent part, you can do that as long as 1) As Kinkarso said, they are not direct links - meaning you can't post the torrent file here. 2) They are not viral. Make sure you do confirm they are safe downloads at least, and have at least a decent swarm. As Pan said, Torrents aren't illegal. The internet is open-source: anything hosted on sites and **** are legally free unless stated otherwise. It's only illegal if you SELL what you download as bootlegs, or in a forum case - you give us a viral link of some kind.