What forum is this? <no, its not what you think>

laserjim

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok, I know what battle forums is, and I know this is probably not the right place to post this, but I couldnt find any better place (mods, please move to where it should be)

I have noticed that this is not the only web site that has this forum system. I am setting up my own web site, and I was wondering what the name of this forum system is, where I can get it, how much it costs, and anything else you think would be helpfull.

Second, I was wondering if battleforums has there own server, or who hosts the site, how much it costs, and anything else you think would be helpfull in this section also.

I would like to thank everyone who gives me a non flamed answer, and who is willing to help
Thanks a lot

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
if you scroll down the the bottom of ANY page on this site or on any forums you generally see the "forum system" as you call it. Battleforums uses Vbulletin and it costs a couple hundred dollars for a licence. if you get caught using the system without a licence (warez) you would be fined and sued and your webhost would have to remove your files from his server. so just a heads up. www.vbulletin.org battleforums is on a shared server located in the central US (dont want to give away exact location :D). It takes ALOT of money to run a place like battleforums because we dont have any source of income. The owner, chris pays all the expenses and we should be VERY thankful of him :D Anyway like i said, you need a licence to use VBulletin or else you could get caught so i suggest paying the money.

~sicloan.

Neptunez

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.3osoft.com
We do have a reliable source of income -- chrisuk makes enough money from the site to keep it going.

@laserjim, if you want to check out vBulletin forums, go here. The going rate for an owned license is $160.

@Sicloan, before you go telling people incorrect infomation about battleforums, please check with someone who know about the site first.