What do you think Warcraft IV might be about?

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
I was thinking of this today. What might happen? When would the story be? Would it ignore World of Warcraft lore?

I reall hope they just ignore WoW, and continue where The Frozen Throne ended: Arthas fused with the Lich King against the rest of the world. Or maybe we even get to see the Titans? -excitement emoticon goes in here-

What do you think?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I was thinking of this today. What might happen? When would the story be? Would it ignore World of Warcraft lore?

I reall hope they just ignore WoW, and continue where The Frozen Throne ended: Arthas fused with the Lich King against the rest of the world. Or maybe we even get to see the Titans? -excitement emoticon goes in here-

What do you think?
Small problem: WoW picks up after where the Lich King and Arthas became one.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
You think? Would be lame to see them abandon such a great franshise. But we can always speculate, right? Besides, nobody ever expected Starcraft 2 after a while. Who knows what might be announced later on.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Starcraft II doesnt have much good news. There has been more information about Diablo III as of late. My belief is they are going to focus more on Diablo III before they go back to Starcraft II development.

As for Warcraft IV's concept, me and a friend of mine discussed this a few months ago. We agree with Aurora on this one. In the sense that the game would have to take place years from WoW's timeline.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Those of you who are informed about smth are soo uninformed about another. E.g Aurora can tell you pretty much that SC2 is already gonne be out this summer (beta) and maybe the full game in late fall. Then he doesn't know the story of WoW, Chris that's funny to think they will abandon SC2 when it's almost finished to focusn on D3...

And as for war4 - believe it or not there will be war4 and it will be an RTS. I'm tho sure it will put an end to WoW since WoWers will go to D3 and war3 fans need a new warcraft RTS (coz some say 'i hate sc' im stayin with war3). SCers get ehat they want. Blizzard always think of new chars even if the most main characters die, like they did with Diablo. One thing, it's pointless to talk about war4 until maybe 2011 or so.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
I rlly doubht theres going to be a wc4. No long paragraphs describing why or anything...just im pretty sure they are going to continue with WoW xpacs etc and not go into IV

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
How can you be sure without having a reason for it? -_-'

As for WoW players going to Diablo 3: why would they do that? Those games have almost nothing in common. Warcraft lore is different from Diablo, you know.

The reason I have little knowledge of WoW lore, is because I simply never bought the game. I cannot stand the whole genre. Also, the WoW lore ignores the rts and and other original canon way to often. It just sucks.
Lastly, the Diablo and Starcraft games are being worked on by seperate teams. The only thing between the two that affects the release dates, is the use of the sound studios and such. The only team members that work on both games are from the Warcraft rts balance team. So if that team still exists, then there will be a Warcraft 4 in the future. I got all that info from faq batches and BlizzCasts, by the way. Not making this up or just assuming things.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Wow lores actually has alot of the rts lore. The whole game is very complex in as like other games that have a set amount of units, wow has tons of different NPCs that all represent something different in the lore. Im not a lore-freak but I do keep up with some of the RTS lore and alot of the WoW lore and I see many similaritys and continuations. And as for my reason of them not having wc4 is a lil having to do with my previous statement. WoW seems to continue off wc3 so well with arthas' rein starting as the lich king and having sylvanas and the forsaken still being bitter against the lich king for betraying her. If they DID make a wc4 which I HIGHLY doubht it is going to have to make a continuation off WoW WOTLK.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
There has even been talk about how theres going to be another WoW xpac at one point not too down in the future and it is going to be either based around the emerald dream or the maelstrom. (most likely emerald dream)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
If there is a war4, it would have to ignore the abortion that was WOW "story".

Expect to see War 4 when steam starts to die down for WOW. It'll be a long time, but it'll happen.

It'll likely completely disregard most of what has happened for a time in the future. Actually I know pretty much everyone'll disagree with me, but I'd just rather have a War 4 that is completely separate from the current continuity. Give them a chance to get new concepts, and not rewrite a bunch of shitty reasons for adding new races or out of place histories.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I don't disagree Pan, actually you are the only one that thinks the same as me. And it would be weird to have 2 paralels - like Arthas dies in WoW and yet he's alive in war4. So imo Blizzard wouldn't do paralel stories but I agree they'd better do and not make excuses for new races.

And Aurora, dunno about you but following the logic, the fact that I've played Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo long enough, I know how fans of these games think and I qualify to give such info. If you don't believe me ask some war3 guys that they'd rather wait for war4 (since they are not WoWers), so there is my proof that fans would do this and that, I have no proof that Blizzard will make war4, but I've just asked guys what they want next, so that's how I know.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
By the way, the Night Elves lost their immortality in Warcraft 3. You know, when killing Archimone they used that Well of Eternity thing to get power. Is that changed in WoW? If not, then the current Night Elve heroes will also be gone if Warcraft 4 takes place in the future. Would be awesome if you got a whole new main storyline that way.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Night Elves now suffer from the effects of mortality, when it comes to age. But since it only takes place 4 years after TFT, there isn't many age-altering changes. The natural powers still exist within the Druid class.

Aurora

Let's fix it.
Reaction score
Website
www.starcraft2forum.org
Four years? Oh, in WoW, or what? I was actually saying that Warcraft 4 should play many years after the whole Warcraft 3 and WoW stuff. Or maybe even on a different planet. Since Azeroth people now know how dimensional portals work, they can go to other planets and make colonies there. A whole new world to explore, or maybe even multiple worlds!

Uncultured

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
For sure we will see Star Craft 2, then Diablo. Well... War Craft 4, eh? Dont u think that Blizzard Entertainment will make some new HIT? Like Underwars(this just got to my head, I mean some new title)?

_WaRLoRD_

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
well wow had been expanding to follow in wc3 campaign structure sort of, so for them to now continue they would need to make wc4 im still not sure if it was confirmed last checked months ago to see if it was confirmed so yeah lol. hopefully icefrog once he stops making dota on wc3 will be planing to make the new one for wc4. :D.

alothow the story between wow and wc3 is vastly different that is mainly because of the way the game is structured but the concept fo what is happening and how things happen tend to be following the wc3 campaign.