What do you think about the monthly fee?

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Thats the reason im not getting it unless one of my friends will give me their account, they act like it takes 10-15 dollars from every person who bought the game for 50 bucks to keep it going, what are they paying the mods? 30 bucks an hour to play a game?!

you gonna pay?
you not gonna pay?

if not a good substitute, maybe even better then WoW is http://www.guildwars.com/

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
of course i'm going to pay. i dont know what you're thinking, but they use the monthly fee for the servers to keep them up. they are different servers than the other blizzard games, and they cost more to keep running. they cant rely on the 50 dollars per person for years to come, so they need 10 dollars every month. it isnt that big. more people will pay for the fee than you think.

DNAngel

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I agree with Andrew. BTW! I just pre-ordered the WoW Collectors Ed from Amazon.com. So i get a free pet! Doyou know what it means by this Andrew? I havent played the Stress or the beta at all, i've just been reading forums in the blizzard site.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
lets see....how about 5000 people buy it and start on their first real month of paying, 5000 times 10 = 50,000$ how many admins will they be having? will it be like ffxi with different worlds, cuz even on 1 world ive seen about 2 admins on any one. 50,000 dollars, 1 month, to keep servers and admins going, btw this is the ultimate job, have the power to shit talk people behind your comp and do something about it while playing a game... really, its another awesome scam to hardcore gamers

i dont care or know how many people are going to buy it or have bought it, i just used that number to prove a point, in case you have trouble comprehending, the point is 10 bucks a month is not worth it, and this is the ultimate legal money scam, haha.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
k. you go try to create a company and base all your servers on the amount of games you sell. pretty risky.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
im not saying a fee in general is stupid, im saying its too much, a yearly fee would probly attract more gamers, not to mention be much easier to do. like...30 bucks a year or something. i dont get how it takes 10 dollars a month (from thousands of gamers) to keep servers up, i really dont think the electric bill costs that much...

im guessing most people under 18 would wanna play this, i dont think parents would want to pay this much on a game.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
They spend a one time amount of money on buying some machines for servers, then pay monthly for the bandwidth each month, if you think they need $10 from every person who plays the game to pay that you're an idiot. Let's say the game goes gold or platinum or whatever it is, which it probably will because most blizzard games sell millions of copies. Does it take millions of dollars a month to pay for the servers? NO, and we know they are bringing in that much because everyone who buys the game needs to pay the fee to play it.

DNAngel

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Listen... Its clear that Blizzard are making games to make money... And by making money, they make enjoyable games. I do believe some of the monthly fees go towards servers, but not all of it. I'm sure some of the money goes towards future developments of the game(s). Blizzard aren't making games purely for our entertainment. they're out there to make money, and they do this by enetrtaining us with their games. This is just another of their methods of making money. If you're not happy with the fees, than don't complain about it, just don't buy the game, I'm sure people wont' care that you're not playing. I send my sympathy to those teens out there with unagreeable parents, if only they knew...

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm saying it doesn't need to be 10-15 dollars a month for the game, because guess what, IT DOESN'T. 5 would be plenty to make money. That thing says their bill may come to over 1 million a year, wow big deal they can bring that in in one month with a 10 dollar monthly fee, they make massive amounts of money off of these games, and all I'm saying is they are more expensive than they really have to be.

scouchpaper

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you gotta think about it this way tho,look at other games that require a fee,most of them are around $10 per month.Doac I used to play,same thing.You might think that would be high,mabye it is who knows,but what I do know is that if it was me?I would charge that as well,because I know there is enough people out there that will pay that amount.Well like your saying its too high,and mabye you wont pay that,therefor they will lose your business,and others well,but they'll make up with the $10 a month.I actually dont think its that bad,I can do with out going out to eat a few times in a month:)

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Niedar said:
Very interesting, all who bitch about fees should definatly read that...

Also when you think about it: regardless of age everyone should have some sort of income: weather it be allowance or from an actual job. It's quite possible to save for whatever you want, and still pay $10-13 a month for a game.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guild wars isn't an MMO it doesn't take huge stress on the server it's only 8 people playing at a time, it's like diablo 2 but the chat is a town where you meet people and go to an instanced zone to play.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
lets say 1.5 milion people buy this game....at....12 bucks a month...

that equals

18,000,000$ (times 12 cause all the fees in that "bitching guide" were yearly) =

216,000,000$

sorry to say but that number is a tad bit higher then their fees

DNAngel

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
People have to stop bitching about the fees, and just accept them. Who gives a poo ;) if you think its to high. Blizzard didn't come up with that fee just because they felt like it, they did it for a reason. Although the reasons are unknown to us (apart from keeping the servers going), they must have been acceptable reasons.

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
or are they acceptable?

what if theyre using some lame excuse like "well we worked hard we want some money too!!"

if they pay 2 million bucks a year to keep it up wouldnt that be like 200 million dollars in return? lol

if you want people to stop bitching about fees, either lower them, or stop bitching about people bitching about fees, AIGHT?!

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
this isnt an arguement its a debate foo, do you see anyone cursing anyone out and shit, i mean like i could be saying like omg teh f33s are liek too much omgawd!!

but im NOT, point is guild wars >