What are your thoughts on Mists of Pandaria?

jmsben12

Reaction score
The pet battling system looks pretty cool and seems much larger than I had originally anticipated.
Monks look like heaps of fun to play, a super mobile hand-to-hand class.
I don't have any problem with Pandas as a race, could care less.
The talent trees and PvP stats kind of concern me.
On the other hand, cross-realm areas are going to be a whole lot of fun for world PvP.

What do you think about Mists of Pandaria? Success, or Failure?

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
I think that it'll be a success for Blizzard. They're aiming more toward the casual side and will bring back an audience that really enjoys the mini-games, solo play, customizing, etc. I think for a lot of people who have played from the very beginning, it's going to fall flat, though.

snrmeminem

Reaction score
Like Jessi said I think for players who are just starting and can't necessarily devote a lot of time to the game Mist of Pandaria will just add another dimension to the game that you can have fun with without having to dig deeper in to hardcore PvP, missions, and quests. For players that are in to the game already and do spend a lot of time then I think Mists of Pandaria will just be a nice addition to a game they already love. As far as the stats go that's exciting I love having stats especially PvP stats? Now that's very exciting!

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that it'll be a success for Blizzard. They're aiming more toward the casual side and will bring back an audience that really enjoys the mini-games, solo play, customizing, etc. I think for a lot of people who have played from the very beginning, it's going to fall flat, though.
I played WoW from the original release and I really miss the feel. Played Mists of Pandaria for about 15 minutes, logged off, and deleted. Not that it was bad, its just so obviously a time sunk now days.... do this, kill 3 of these, fight 17 of these guys for no reason, you know what I mean?

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I played WoW from the original release and I really miss the feel. Played Mists of Pandaria for about 15 minutes, logged off, and deleted. Not that it was bad, its just so obviously a time sunk now days.... do this, kill 3 of these, fight 17 of these guys for no reason, you know what I mean?

TNDO17

Reaction score
The pokemon battles ugh. I mean pet battles do seem fun indeed. At first I wasn't really a fan of the whole panda thing as I thought it would be super girly and stuff. But I'm a huge fan of ancient chinese style and stuff so I found that part of the expansion very cool indeed. The monks healing seems quite overpowered at the moment though.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
It's funny you mention that because the quests that I did, were actually different than that. It was the only refreshing thing about the beta.... they actually put a different set of quest styles in a few areas like punching bags and jumping across poles, etc.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny you mention that because the quests that I did, were actually different than that. It was the only refreshing thing about the beta.... they actually put a different set of quest styles in a few areas like punching bags and jumping across poles, etc.
Punching bags and jumping across poles is the same repetitive/ pointless type of task. It requires no imagination and you repeat the same thing (take out 5 punching bags). WoW needs more spice in how a player interacts in a fight, something like FPS added to the current actions.

CyanSleepy

Reaction score
I really like the simplistic talent trees they are making. But, I hope they don't make the game TOO easy. End game raids are just stupid easy right now, and sadly, I think they will continue doing that. Regardless though, I don't think I could ever quit this game unless they do something extremely terrible.