What Air Unit U Think Is The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
corsairs are underpriced and overpowered but as im a diehard tosser im not complaining
they in one-on-one combat can rob a valkyrie of all but 65 hp, so two low-priced corsairs can shred an unsupported valk
and thats not even counting dw move over carriers theres a new best siege weapon in town

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Negative, valks own corsairs, because Corsair fire mode is concussive, valks are normal. Therefore, Corsair only damage about 2/3 per shot, while Valks dmg 6 per missile. (without upgrades)

Um, I don't know about you, but sairs do explosive damage. Check the stats. Valks also.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ok, we are both wrong, Corsair is normal.

Checked the instruction thinghie that came with Brood War.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Corsairs also do normal damage......still i think corsairs will win because they have shields and they attack faster than valks.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
scout. i think the scout is the best air to air fighter. it has pretty fast attack speed, when upgraded it moves fast and just two or three isnt a half bad air force. they are expensive, but with a few you can stop an enemy from transporting by air or go overlord hunting. scouts are not needed to win a battle, but they make things a lot easier.

Traditionaly, the Protoss have never been very strong in the air. Stick with Zealots and Dragoons and Templar/Reavers, with air units only as support
i resent that:shoot toss have best air. a couple of scouts are an air force on their own.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
also corsoirs can provide ecellent ground support.if some tanks are signed up web them they can't do shit and then take them out with lots and goons.and hey if u want to u could web an area with workers and the web would surely slow the mineral collect.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you got your units mixed up bro ;) corsairs have the ability to make a field of energy so that units like hydras cant shoot through the web and it protects units above the web. i like to cast them over an annoying cannon or spore colony then fly right passed.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i thought the web also slowed units down don't they? i mean not the rate of fire but movement

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There are no single best air unit and it's dumb for even saying there is!! If you are really good than you will own ( or could own ) with any air unit!

Geamanu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Don't think at one unit type because any one you chose it can be countered easily and using less resources.By combining units one will see there is no best unit, so the question has little sense and is of no strategical use.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes, but the thread is about what you think is best. sooo, pick your fav air unit and say why and how itcontributes to different types of battles :D of course 2 different types will kill one type with their unique abilities, but you must pick one!

i thought the web also slowed units down don't they? i mean not the rate of fire but movement
nope, thats a zerg move :) kerrigan and ueens have it.. (i forget its name :\)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ensare great okay but seriously when i used it one time it did seem that they were moving slower

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont know what happenned then :\ its never slowed my enemies down :( i wish it did :)

Geamanu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My favorite air unit is corsair - cheap,fast,splash damage and DW.It has weaknesses like not being able to atack ground and having small damage.That's what ground units and scouts are for.

SumacWarrior

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i would say the arbiter, and i dont care if it is a spellcaster or not, it owns. Arbiters do recall, which is awesome because ur right on top of an enemy with a whole bunch of nice little toss war people, and they r all cloaked

Stasis feild is alos great. Ex: uh oh here come 20 bcs at your base. (Never happens in non money i no) Nope not ne more theres only ten. Boom Gone End of story. Also, and i do hate to say this, arbiters can own lings, zlots, lurks, firebats, vultures and tanks. (yes I know reinforcements which can take it out. Well thats what recall and stasis feild r for)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well arbiters can take those units easily since..welll they can't atttack air so the arbiter can just murder those units o and for the 20 BC thing grab corsior nad some storm roasted ships

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
80% of the people i know say that toss rules the air because of the carrier...

i think that terran rules the air...but thats just my opionion

valks do own corsairs...dont they fire faster? but their not accurate

i just started to play expantion a few weeks ago thanks to tronga ^_^ thanks, so i dont know much about it yet

corsiars dont own bc's...what are you talking about..

the best way to get rid of BC's with toss is storm and goonz

Status
Not open for further replies.