What Air Unit U Think Is The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geamanu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The corsair is also used to get rid of the carrier's shields after which u bring in scouts and/or dragoons.The corsair is used to destroy enemy detectors ensuring a good DT atack or anything invisible.So u see Arbiter must have support from corsair.
Oh, if corsairs have a greater death rate(as they say 'it is a good day to die') that does not mean they are not the best air unit.

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Definatly corsairs. They are relatively cheap and pops quick out of the stargate, plus the beam/laser thingy spreads a little, so it hits more than just one unit.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
u talk like corsairs dmg mutas as well as thy dmg carriers or bc's... corsairs sucks against capital, unless they are tons of them, but then the enemy comes with ground

To me, the best air unit is the BC, alone... fully upgraded can kill any unit in the whole game, but as this game isn't played only with one kind o f unit, its useless to say whish is the best

YeoKeh

Battleforums OG
Reaction score
hmmm BC's in a large groupe can own and got 500 life u can have 20 and 5 scvs to repair them when dmged and the attack would try to kill the bcs instead of an harmless scv

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
aye, but if u use Dark Swarm, its useless to send onyl BC's.. BC's rulezz with tanks and golitahts and/or M&M

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
and capital ships are pretty vulnerable to MindControl but i don't really see that often, considering that i hardly i see a dark archon at all online.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
maybe they are to hard to micro... but they are pretty good if they launch u a groupd of capital ships indeed, their army destroyed in 2 minutes and u get a new one :)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
mind control is of protoss, aight?

at least i thought so till now, u gonna tell me something new??

Inoue_Kikuko

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
stupid ppl the mnost important air unit is the overlord. without it zerg are useless. :p as for attacking air units the best units is defenitely the arbiter/scivessel

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
arbiters are good for their attack!? THat's something new. and when did the science vessel have an attack? Scouts are pretty good for, well, scouting and also for hit and run raids and ambushes. they are basically juiced up wraiths without the cloacking ability.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
sci vessel sotra does have an atack its called irradate
scouts are good for air to air combat

RedMage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hm..... i have to say either arbiter or shuttle. there are 10,000 ways to own a carrier, so that won't make my list of best air unit. Corsair follows very close behind. It would make the top of the list if disruption web lasted a little longer. when you have tons of them tho.... they own almost every air unit, except devourers once they are splashed with acid spores. The reason i say arbiter or shuttle though is for the infamous reaver drop. But arbiter comes so late in the tech tree that shuttle is a lot quicker.

While they were on the topic of irradiate... that is the funniest spell in the game. Grab a vulture, park it outside a group of enemies, cast irradiate and run it right into the group. because the vulture is mechanical, it is unaffected. The irradiate will harm everything around the vulture that is organic. Quite impractical, when you could just cast it on the enemy themselves, but it is a good laugh anyway. they will wonder wth you are doing.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
bah the vulture wont last a second, it dies so damn easily... the only thing vultures have good is spider mines, the rest, bats kill the units vultures kill a lot more easily

HellAngel[SAS]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
mutas kick ass. u can change them to guardians later and have u seen what 6 minute mutas rush on money map can do? Mutas rocks. they give u many versatilities. They may have low attack (like all zerg units) but they are fast, can attack both air and ground, and they can turn to guardians when you opponents dun got air.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I love Science Vessels. Send 3-4 into a Terran or Zerg base and have them irradiate each other, patrol them over the minerals and in 2-3 seconds all the enemy workers are dead. This also works VERY good for taking out any masses of enemy organic units.

Against BC's, the best counter I've seen was Ghosts + Goliaths/Wraiths. The Ghosts lockdown all the BC's and the Goliaths and Wraiths take over from there. Then the poor Battlecruiser owner is left without an army, completely vulnerable even though he only lost about 20 units.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
problem is medics.......

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Most terran public gamers wont get medics. Because they immediately think of the medic's healing ability, not restoration.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Even if they do have Restoration, I've never seen them actually un-irradiate any sci vessels by the time their workers are gone. The only real problem there would be tons of anti air surrounding the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.