Weird screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
you gotta think it'd be nice to see 1000 lings go into a terran base and rape everything

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You guys. Go post these suggestions and ideas in the Starcraft II Forum please. Megendo, I'll pass. I just thought this screenshot looked interesting when I googled it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is likely SCII will be 3-d like above, but blizzard will do a much better job. One thing WOW will do is bring in a steady flow of extra cash because of the Pay 2 play shit.

Blizard already has had mass hiring of extra programmers etc. because of it. so it is likely games will come out better than before. or much worse.

Zerglite

Reaction score
sc should stay 2d

w3 was worse than w2, in my opinion, because they deviated from where the game started, 2d, and full of fun

Zerglite

Reaction score
and now w3 has 4 races, and the heros make it totally imbalanced, not to mention the advantages of some races over others

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
and now w3 has 4 races, and the heros make it totally imbalanced, not to mention the advantages of some races over others
it's not as imbalances as most people think. Heros ruin the balance the races would have without them. Heros unlike what most people think are not one man armies. I hear SC players say there is no point of units because of heros. That is a lie no boubt. Heros are more support, very few are actual combat.

Heros however as support ruin the balance, making air units beat anti air units etc. but the game is still pretty close to balance. Last patch only had one racial change to it.

Zerglite

Reaction score
1 POTM can totally shift the battle with her starfall spell and her aura

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
1 POTM can totally shift the battle with her starfall spell and her aura
LMAO, do you know how much that never happens?

first off, POTM is never used, and the POTM has to be level 6 to use starfall. Getting a hero like the POTM to level 6 is a hard thing to do. hell even the better heros are hard to get to level 6. Only time u get heros at level 7-10 is in FFA games that last 2 hours or a solo game where you get one hero and are winning .

Sides, one thing about her starfall spell is it can be interupted, its channeling. the damage has been nerfed over the course of the patching, and she can be stopped by a stunning spell before she even starts the first wave of falling stars.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
How that relates to the grahpics is beyond me. I'm looking and hoping for better grahpics then WarCraft III for StarCraft II, if they even make it. By then though, they may have some really awesome new grahpical capabilities, so it may look even better then we think it will.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan, what is the damage for starfall now?
i havent played WC3 in about a year now, so i have no idea on what has changed. i basically beat frozen throne, beat the 3rd map for the extra orc campaign, and that was it.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pan said:
it's not as imbalances as most people think. Heros ruin the balance the races would have without them. Heros unlike what most people think are not one man armies. I hear SC players say there is no point of units because of heros. That is a lie no boubt. Heros are more support, very few are actual combat.

Heros however as support ruin the balance, making air units beat anti air units etc. but the game is still pretty close to balance. Last patch only had one racial change to it.
Let's make a distinction here :), SC players might say there is no point to units because of heros, but more broadly they are simply stupid people.

I just like SC more because I'm used to it, the supply limit, and most importantly: less stress on my 56k, 2001 computer, the better pro-gaming scene, mass unit control... stuff like that.

Most people recognize WC as a good game, I just think it can get a bit more boring quicker because of its pace.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Agreed. SC can run on basically any computer, while WarCraft III requires decent to actually run to ones liking. That's probably why I always loved SC. That, and the fururistic theme appeals to me more then the standard WarCraft one.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I dont really mind neither wc or sc
jus that sc has mechs and u ppl know how i am with mechs

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
See, Starcraft is such an easier ame to play. less micro, less unit control, less strategy, less activity. I findmyself more bored playing SC, cause there is no creeping, somehting which is one of the funnest parts of WCIII. The gameplay is much faster than SC. SC being more building up, Wc requires more action, more pressure. SC you can havw 200 supply of units. wC u get half of that, and even then WCIII units take up 2-7 supply. SC has alot more units, it doesn't matter if a unit dies also, you don't care you got like 100 more units to back that one.

WC you can't lost a single unit, you know that you need skill to keep eveything alive, everyhting well managed. Every game of starcraft is the same, there is less variety in games.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Pan's right. I really like what Blizzard did with the WC3 food supply, 90 was a good choice, and the upkeep can even deter people from getting more units rather than gold.

I enjoy micro about 500 times more than macro.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
One thing I do like about Starcraft, is ir runw with my crappy computer, so i can do late night starcraft games, somethign i cant do with Warcraft III (until I get a better video card)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Pan said:
See, Starcraft is such an easier ame to play. less micro, less unit control, less strategy, less activity. I findmyself more bored playing SC, cause there is no creeping, somehting which is one of the funnest parts of WCIII. The gameplay is much faster than SC. SC being more building up, Wc requires more action, more pressure. SC you can havw 200 supply of units. wC u get half of that, and even then WCIII units take up 2-7 supply. SC has alot more units, it doesn't matter if a unit dies also, you don't care you got like 100 more units to back that one.

WC you can't lost a single unit, you know that you need skill to keep eveything alive, everyhting well managed. Every game of starcraft is the same, there is less variety in games.
I agree with everything said there except "less micro, less unit control", SC requires hell lot more micro then WC.

and god, how did scrn shot thread turn into wc vs sc thread? we all know WC > SC, by 3 main factors:
-better graphics
-better custom games
-newer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.