Weather

silver slyph

Member!
Reaction score
in d2lod and previous games you see it raining, daylight, night, ect.....

how the weather effects your gameplay would be interesting i think.

example 1: at night, your light radius should be reduced to a yard or so. where as during the day it should be unobstructed. same thing for a cave or ruin, it should be almost black in there unless you have a torch or something.

example 2: when its raining your run/walk speed and attack rating should be decreased because of the wet ground (slipping and sliding).

example 3: traveling through a blizzard (cold effect), thunderstorm (hit by lightning), strong winds (physical damage).

what do you think?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Example 1 was in D2.
Example 2 and 3 don't really make sense. I mean, if you think about it, the Blizzard thing, or Raining woul djust become really annoying after a short amount of time. Not to mention "Cannot Be Frozen" would nul the blizzard effect, as would lighting absorb nul the thunderstorm thing.

silver slyph

Member!
Reaction score
true, but it should have an effect on your life regenerating and visibility. a nice morning fog would be cool.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
How would weather effects have to do with your life regen?

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I could run around naked in a blizzard, t-storm, or hurricane without getting hurt at all unless I got pnuemonia, was struck by lightning, or was hurled into a hard object by wind, all of which are pretty rare, except the one for in a hurricane.

What I'm saying is, if a normal human can be out in severe weather without immediately becoming injured, a D3 hero can.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Make the Thunderstorm electrify parts of the ground, like randomly strike. The Blizzard Area won't be like D2, it could be like a massive snow/ice storm, and as such you would be frozen despite Cannot Be Frozen (Much like Holy Freeze can do, but with a storm). :)

I do like your ideas. Weather should effect gameplay, and it could also effect how monsters fight and if they want to fight or run away. ^.^