We ****ing LANed during school!

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
That is right we ****ing LAned during my 2nd period advanced programming class...we each brought in Starcraft, and since there are only four of us did a small free for all! It was totally sick, and of course, I dominated until the bell rang. My proudest moment in life up to this point :hxc :dance

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
lol, yea u can do it, but in my school, ure not allowed to run .exe files, so what i do is make a shortcut to the C drive (against school policy) tehn copy the whole Install and Setup files onto the C drive then Wala! its done, but you cant lan (UDP) if you dont have at least the v1.11 patch, so you can just download that off download.com, other than that, it works fine, GJ

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I played SC lan in my grade 3 class, thats when SC original first came out I think.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
And when Skuzzy would talked about him and his WC2 Lan parties at school...

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
My school and school district is way too strict. You get in trouble if you go on sites like myspace or go on your email. In my programming class, there are mirrors placed along the top of the wall so the teachers could see what was on our monitors.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Not possible at my school, my teacher would shit. My school runs this ghey program called LanSchool that lets them own our computers. You can view every computer monitor in the classroom on one window, among other things like disabled internet at times. It's pretty damn effective.[/glow]

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Eric said:
[glow=black]Not possible at my school, my teacher would shit. My school runs this ghey program called LanSchool that lets them own our computers. You can view every computer monitor in the classroom on one window, among other things like disabled internet at times. It's pretty damn effective.[/glow]
Damn. My school has that, too. Whenever the teacher would want us to look up at her. She could turn all our computer monitors blank with the teacher's computer.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Lolz, I lanned during school, teacher caught me and I said it was Power Point. Owned.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lwek said:
Damn. My school has that, too. Whenever the teacher would want us to look up at her. She could turn all our computer monitors blank with the teacher's computer.
[glow=black]Haha yep. Although there are a few slight delays which make some things possible.[/glow]

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i never did that but i remember my old roommate, he had friends who never did anything at all and what happened was he and the TEACHER basicly spent every period going over fantacy football :) i wish i had a teacher like that

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
lol, Well, it was the last day before break, and our teacher is awesome. We arent allowed to install to the C drive, but they have a student drive, and we just brought in one copy and spawned it three times, and installed for real once. Still my proudest moment. Dominated as Zerg :) We want to do it again, but our teacher isnt too allowing of that. Another way we can do it is install to a flash drive, because SC is a ****ing small file. So we have Starcraft to go!!!

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've LAN'd starcraft, Doom 2 (ZDaemon), and Quake 2 at school. My school doesn't have that program, but they have some methods of finding things. And I have methods of getting around it. They think to little of us; the password to the BIOS is the chipset's default.

My sneaky-assed way is: Ask to work in the Library for Advisory (before or after lunch. Its what you do when the other half of the school is at lunch), then sneak through the top floor. Using a stolen Janitor key, I get into the conference rooms. Librarians will let you in, but you have to have doors open, blinds up, lights on, and they come by every 5 mins or so if there's people in them. About 4 of us do this every day. We get 2 people into each room, then open the retractable wall and push the comps together. We log into keylogged school accounts so they aren't traceable to us, plug in our thumbdrives, and install + run the game. We unplug the comps from the school LAN and hook up our own ethernet. At the end we clear the files, registry keys, and then pull the plug on the comp. If you normally shut down, a few unkillable processes will report logs to the admins, and red-flag them if anything is installed. Between advisory and lunch, that's about 1/4th of the school day spent gaming. And on thursdays, school starts late so we game then too. Except you're actually allowed to at that time, so we don't need to be stealthy. I love thurdsays; 2 hours and 25 minutes of gaming :D. Never been caught either. Proxies and such have been blocked and one was even shut down, but they're quite oblivious. They don't even have cameras in there, and they sometimes leave computers lying on the floor and such. I wouldn't take anything though, because then they'd set up cameras. D'oh.
One guy even brings a USB hub and fills it with flash-ram...
Nothing more fun than LANning at school. Note to anyone who is going to try to game at school: Make sure the game can alt+tab.

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my highschool got macs.. it sucks..