WC isn't fading:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MannerTurret
I don't understand how you can say warcraft 3 has more strategy then starcraft.. i mean i love both games to death but warcraft3 is nothing compared to starcraft=\ Starcraft takes 50X more brains, 40X faster hands(you only need 100 apm to be good at war3)(you need 180+ to be good in starcraft) and the other person was right.. warcraft is more of an RPG/Strategy game then real time strategy game.
Wrong, most experts in War3 have 200~300 APM.

War3 has more strats then SC.

War3 has new units called heros, which can change the game play and the whole strategy game. And its not an rpg, it is real time Strategy game.

SC is just old, and you really dont need +180 APM for any games.

And SC takes 50X more brains? HAve you ever played War3 FFA? or Solo?

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
bad mike, you shouldnt have bumped this thread.

on topic: i actually think that war3 is getting more popularity (look at bf for example) and with the beta to test out it makes it even more appealing.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
bad mike, you shouldnt have bumped this thread.

on topic: i actually think that war3 is getting more popularity (look at bf for example) and with the beta to test out it makes it even more appealing.
It wasnt I who bumped it, however, the guy was new, and he stayed on topic, which was quite nice ;) since we get to have more stuff to discuss about.

Damn my sexy threads.
I think legend sees my point =)
yay!

War3 is never gonna fade, it has too good custom game style :)

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Custom was the reason i bought war3 but i learned to love the game. but, no way war3 has more strategys then starcraft, if you've ever seen the pros play you would know why starcraft is still popular. in korea teams are getting paid millions so i don't know how you can say starcraft is outdated.

Reaction score
Uhm Starcraft was like 5 years ago. Starcraft is the same thing over and over, goons, hydras and other stuff
Warcraft, you do that, you get your ass handed to you. In Warcraft theres so much of variety to do which equals more strategy.

Starcraft is all about being fast. everything is fast paced, a hydra will die in like 3 hits from a goon. In WC, a fiend will die in like 20 hits from a archer. More hits = more micro = more skill.

I dont think the korean teams get payed millions, but they might. but just because koreans play sc, doesnt mean they play wc. if youve seen pros play wc, then you would know why warcraft is more popular.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here we go again, warcraft is not more popular, the gamers can't make it enough to live off it yet.. starcraft on average has 20k more gamers on at a time. You can't just mass hydras/goons i don't understand how you think you can do this -_- you've probaly played to much fastest money, basic troops for each match up are as followed

TvT : Goliaths, Tanks, Vultures, Wraiths, Drop ships

TvP: Tanks, Vultures, Goliaths, drop ships

TvZ: Vessel, Wraith, Drop ship, Marines, Firebats, medics, tanks

PvP: Goons, Zealots, high templars, archons

PvT: Archons, Zealots, Templars, Dragoons

PvZ: Archons, Zealots, Templars Dragoons

ZvZ: Muta, Scourge, Zerglings, Hydra

ZvT: Lurkers, Muta, scourge, defiler, ultralisk, hydra, zerglings

correct me if i missed a match up.

ZvP: Zerglings, Hydra, Muta, ultralisk, scourge

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Also warcraft is not more micro then starcraft if you ever got good at starcraft you would shortly notice starcraft takes much more micro you can take out 3 goons with 2 tanks and a drop ship you can take out 3 expos simultaneously by dropping 3 drops ships you can't do any of this in warcraft... the minute you split your groups off your units get picked off and the other persons hero gets exp.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Also warcraft is not more micro then starcraft if you ever got good at starcraft you would shortly notice starcraft takes much more micro you can take out 3 goons with 2 tanks and a drop ship you can take out 3 expos simultaneously by dropping 3 drops ships you can't do any of this in warcraft... the minute you split your groups off your units get picked off and the other persons hero gets exp.
If you havent played war3, stfu plz

Did you know? You can kill the half of the base with Archmage and the drop ship! :O

And dont double post, I noticed your new here, its one of the rules ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
archmage can't kill half a base, it can cause some damage.
Yes it can.

Dont judge a game without actually playing it. =/

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
You must be vsing someone with 2 apm if you can kill half a base with an archmage, lol.
You really are a noob

Ever heard of mass Blizzard?

Also, if you were wondering, there is drop ship too, so you can harass the shit outta enemy.

End of story, just stop making fool of your self and go back to sc section if you think war3 sux.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Custom was the reason i bought war3 but i learned to love the game. but, no way war3 has more strategys then starcraft, if you've ever seen the pros play you would know why starcraft is still popular. in korea teams are getting paid millions so i don't know how you can say starcraft is outdated.
Where did i say i think WAR3 sucks? i never said that once, get your facts straight. You think someone will let you mass blizzard their base? i highly doubt it, all i have to do is put you to sleep

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did i say i think WAR3 sucks? i never said that once, get your facts straight. You think someone will let you mass blizzard their base? i highly doubt it, all i have to do is put you to sleep
Like I said, thats why there is something called dropship (or zepplin.. yeah thats the name lol).

:fwink

Also, War3 battles depend heavily on the micro. With 3 huntress, and 1 hero, You can probably kill 7 archers with 1 hero.

But then again... theres always armor types and weapon types, which makes the game more interesting then SC.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know that, but i still don't see why someone would let you blizz their base.. most undead would just put you to sleep.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that, but i still don't see why someone would let you blizz their base.. most undead would just put you to sleep.
Omg, if you know what Im talking about, you would know how I would be able to cast blizzard.

Ever heard of Hero Harass? Oh yea, those kinds of strategies dont exist in SC right?

:p bwhahaha~!

Anyways, you can do that by dropping Archmage in the edge of the base, use blizzard, and upload it to the dropship as soon as you see units around ya.

Plus, sleep doesnt lsat long, and even if its gone away, you can still upload your hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.