WC isn't fading:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was reading the thread about the best player and someone mentioned that wc lost it's value?
That's a lie, it hasnt in fact, it's just what your status is in the game.

-If you got some active friends on the game, then the game just never gets boring, i've played this game since day 1(roc) with my friends and we're still not bored of it.

-(This is why WC>SC) There's so many strats. In SC it's mass dragoons, hydras, carriers, scouts, the same boring shit every game, in wc there's a variety and there's so much you can do. 4 races, each with unique abilities, each a little bit overpowered in 1 aspect or another. I mean no one will ever mass chims or mass taurens anymore because it doesnt work like that in wc.

-So many different people to piss off. Okay normally i wouldnt encourage this, but i use to just mess around in AT's because it's so fun. mess around as in 3 teams of mass steam tanks, gyros, towers, peons there's so many things to do. you can try it in RT even though I hate people that do it for that extra bit of fun, or you can try it in AT with a friend.

-It's popular and more and more people join everyday.

-A lot of hackers are more banned, blizzard pays more attention to wc then any other game besides WoW right now and with this in mind, it will be updated occassionly

-Although the custom maps will never match sc's maps, the maps in WC are more expansive and you can do so much more, which means almost unlimited possible map ideas which mean more fun

This is to the person who thinks WC lost it's replay, and why it shouldnt be thrown away, because it's just a great game overall.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
See i think of it as community service when i nuked the hell out of your citadel with my gyros lol.

And yes there is more strategy involved in warcraft because units tend to live longer and each of them have a unique ability or something that makes them stand apart. So you have to keep changing your general strategy to stay in the game.

IMO ppl that stop playing are just plain lazy or not determined enough, and go play some hacker ridden game that makes 9 year old on the same level as the pros *COUGH*DIABLO*COUGH*

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm.. som1 actually said war3 lost its value.. it hasnt even been a year since TFT came out lol

and since war3 is mostly hack free game... (almost... sigh) its better than those diablo..

Reaction score
Yah ALMOST hack free, watch my replay in the replay forum=)

But I think it was ufoo who said he was quitting wc and then aragorn commented on wc losing its value =(

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
-If you got some active friends on the game, then the game just never gets boring, i've played this game since day 1(roc) with my friends and we're still not bored of it.
This is the only thing that keeps me playing it.

-(This is why WC>SC) There's so many strats. In SC it's mass dragoons, hydras, carriers, scouts, the same boring shit every game, in wc there's a variety and there's so much you can do. 4 races, each with unique abilities, each a little bit overpowered in 1 aspect or another. I mean no one will ever mass chims or mass taurens anymore because it doesnt work like that in wc.
SC definitely had more strategy. Almost anyone who says warcraft 3 is a strategy game just doesn't know strategy. WC3 is sort of a hybrid game. It is a combonation of Strategy + RPG elements. Strategy isn't quickly building a counter for a certain unit, it is using a tactic that pulls the game to your favor. Like in SC for instance, you can split your armies to do double attacks. This will NOT work in WC3 because if you lose any units, the enemy hero gets more XP and therefore you lose a little bit each time your unit gets killed. In WC3, you need to make sure your army stays together, or you can easily lose the game if your opponent finds the lone units.

SC isn't about massing carriers or any of that. That is only in FFA. It is the same way for WC3 (massing chims, massing necs, etc.). Most people think that you can just mass carriers and win in a 1v1, but unfortunately for them, they are wrong. Carriers take forever to get, and by the time you get them, they will crush you with a marine rush.

-So many different people to piss off. Okay normally i wouldnt encourage this, but i use to just mess around in AT's because it's so fun. mess around as in 3 teams of mass steam tanks, gyros, towers, peons there's so many things to do. you can try it in RT even though I hate people that do it for that extra bit of fun, or you can try it in AT with a friend.
True, I found massing acolytes fun at one time.

-It's popular and more and more people join everyday.
SC typically has 10,000 to 20,000 more users on....

-A lot of hackers are more banned, blizzard pays more attention to wc then any other game besides WoW right now and with this in mind, it will be updated occassionly
Blizzard's focus is on WoW right now. Don't expect a new patch until this summer.

-Although the custom maps will never match sc's maps, the maps in WC are more expansive and you can do so much more, which means almost unlimited possible map ideas which mean more fun
Indeed. The map editor for WC3 is a lot more functional. You can do so much more than the SC one.

BTW, I was the one who said it. ;)

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
SC has also been around longer, is easier to learn, and only cost $7US for the battlechest.

I find its ladder system not very enjoyable. This is why I prefer WC for online gaming and D2 and SC for single player.

funny that he mentioned it but my nephue is 9 and plays SC so much he's better than me at it lol!

lol hes even asked me what duping and hacking is ofcourse i wont tell him though

Reaction score
Well actually, SC will die out soon, it's old and outdated that's the reason why wc is better however, because it's old , there's prolly more people on there. SC is kind of like diablo 1, theres still people playing it but the only thing thats keeping people staying there is the accts.

And bliz might be focusing on WoW but do you see bliz coming out with a patch for sc? I dont even think that they mentioned one either, atleast for WC they hold daily tourneys and have a patch release date.

And I believe wc still has more strategy, because WC has all the things that sc has + more. it has item shops, specific counters not: they mass upgraded lings, i'll still mass hydras anyways. it also has a variation on what to do which makes it more strategic

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
People find warcraft 3 boring cause they suck. (yes that is directed at u aragorn.) when ppl tend to do crazy shit, it meants they cant hand;le a real game. I find no fun whatsoever in purposely losing so u can mass a useless unit. Maybe that is why I can actualy contend with people.

As for friends, I have friends who I play with who make the game funner. aragorn ued to be that but now he is just gay and never on. Doesn't even talk to me anymore.

Reaction score
pan, sounds like you play to win, ever heard of loosing up and playing just for the 'WTF' message?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
People find warcraft 3 boring cause they suck. (yes that is directed at u aragorn.) when ppl tend to do crazy shit, it meants they cant hand;le a real game. I find no fun whatsoever in purposely losing so u can mass a useless unit. Maybe that is why I can actualy contend with people.

As for friends, I have friends who I play with who make the game funner. aragorn ued to be that but now he is just gay and never on. Doesn't even talk to me anymore.
Eh, pan you know I don't suck. I have played this game for a long time, and have started to realize the replay value of it. If I have to mass fiends one more time I will just explode. The game doesn't have enough variation, and I don't see blizzard doing anything about it. I see the same stuff every game.

The necrowagon has really made this game more fun for me. I can do something that no one else does and still get extremely good results. That is what I want out of a game. Choices, which of course WC3 has none. It is the same, over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I will stop because i think you get my point).

This doesn't mean I don't want to play anymore, but if you don't see me online, it is because the game isn't what it used to be and isn't as good as it could be. Blizzard could do great things with this game, but choose to neglect the current issues at the table. Unfortunately, there are so many problems with this game that I cannot even name them all in one sentence. To put it simply: This game is just not as replayable as the other games out there.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
is pan coming back????

anyway thats why you switch from SC to WC every once and awhile to make it somewhat new.... or try new races.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Random race choosing in 1v1 keeps the game fun, trust me.

Yeah im starting to play sc nowadays between games just so i can prove that war3 players have better control. If you are good at controlling a DK with aura and boots of speed you have an uber-vulture control instinct and i can guarantee that you wont lose as much units, i swear it.

Im gonna play war3 til either of 2 things happen, war4 (its inevitable) or if WoW corrects all of the cons of D2.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by noob_phucker
Random race choosing in 1v1 keeps the game fun, trust me.

Yeah im starting to play sc nowadays between games just so i can prove that war3 players have better control. If you are good at controlling a DK with aura and boots of speed you have an uber-vulture control instinct and i can guarantee that you wont lose as much units, i swear it.

Im gonna play war3 til either of 2 things happen, war4 (its inevitable) or if WoW corrects all of the cons of D2.
Yes, but I refuse to play NE. I also refuse to play human, so that leaves me 1 other race to play with. And even when you do play as other races, it is still the same thing over and over. Hunts, fiends, grunts, or rifles... :(

Reaction score
Massing fiends? Try massing ghouls, or infact try massing aboms, and banshees, or how about ghouls/banshees/necros, there's many possible solutions for a strat that can be winning. In SC like i say over and over, it's the same, you get goons, i will still mass scouts or something like that. SC is just retarded and only the UMS is what keeps the game going.

and if you dont switch between race then you wont know anything, yah it might be the same grunts, rifles, hunts, fiends, but it's the difference in things. every race has a weakness and a strength, which is what makes the game balanced. every race is different and if you actually play each race instead of just thinking about it, it will feel COMPLETELY different.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Massing fiends? Try massing ghouls, or infact try massing aboms, and banshees, or how about ghouls/banshees/necros, there's many possible solutions for a strat that can be winning. In SC like i say over and over, it's the same, you get goons, i will still mass scouts or something like that. SC is just retarded and only the UMS is what keeps the game going.

and if you dont switch between race then you wont know anything, yah it might be the same grunts, rifles, hunts, fiends, but it's the difference in things. every race has a weakness and a strength, which is what makes the game balanced. every race is different and if you actually play each race instead of just thinking about it, it will feel COMPLETELY different.
The only problem is, that fiends are pretty much the only unit you can use early on. It really isn't the races that are the problem, it is the way the game was made that makes it a "non-replayable" game. The way it was designed leaves much to be desired, including the way that the game is over once the enemy gets higher leveled heros than you. It is GAME OVER. There is no stopping it.

Heros > Strategy. That is the current problem with this game. It doesn't even matter if I get melee against ranged because a person with good enough micro can make melee practically useless against ranged. That is not how the counter system should work, but unfortunately it is. This game is not a strategy game, don't even try to make me think it is.

Reaction score
Okay i'll stop but first:
-Playing races makes the game 100% more replayable.
-Ghouls are easy to mass as everything else. Every race has a weak tier 1 besides grunt. So if they got archers, you get ghouls, if they get hunts, you get fiends, if they get footies, you get ghouls/fiends, if they get rifles, you get fiends, if they get grunts you get fiends/gh0uls and if they get HH's then you get ghouls. And this is what makes wc entirely different from wc.
-it's prolly true how a person can win a game with better micro, thats why you practice as much as them, not including the fact that they prolly play 10 hours a day and have no friends and no life and still live with their parents.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Im too lazy to quote all people so here's what i'm gonna tell you:

I also play WC from day 1 of ROC and one reason that im not bored with it is that i've played LAN games with friends and started battlenet in less than a year(September).It was funny the 1st time in summer i played ROC and i was matching and i didnt realize that this is added to your stats,that this is how the best accounts on the ladders appear.

Secondly some people know that i dont play bnet every day like you making 10 accounts with above 100 games. If i played i would get better but this is one of the reasons why im not even of the best here in the forums.(let's say of the best 3 people).I play rarely and thats why im not as bored as you all (ufoo now Aragorn )

I cant believe that you Aragorn say that. I thought it was the least possibility you to leave the game because you sound like that.

Well i see some of you like NLegend and ufoo in the d2 forums good because for me this game is over even if there are new things with the new ladders characters.

If being unable to cope with stronger players makes you leave with words 'no,blizzard are not ok, im quiting' fine because for me i have a lot to do i told you i want to be on the ladders and usually i do what i plan to do.That refers to this for me unbelievable replay from you , Aragorn.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I have felt like this when I started examining the game while the 1.12 patch was dishing out its mayhem. I have no intention of "leaving" or "quitting" because I really don't feel like it. I still like the game, it is just that I can't constantly play like I used to.

@AHappyChineseBoy: I know what you are saying with playing other races. That would work but the problem is, that I don't want to change races. It just isn't something I really want to do.

@Dark Mage: After playing over 400+ laddered games, I can finally say: "How do the pro's do it?" It just seems like the same thing over and over again.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes a possible reason and for me this is the time to make more wins not to start different accounts and when i reach above 250 wins to stop.I have accounts on both Northrend and Azeroth.On north i play with friends but i think i wont start new account even if they arent so good and i cant make wins with them for stronger players.

MannerTurret

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't understand how you can say warcraft 3 has more strategy then starcraft.. i mean i love both games to death but warcraft3 is nothing compared to starcraft=\ Starcraft takes 50X more brains, 40X faster hands(you only need 100 apm to be good at war3)(you need 180+ to be good in starcraft) and the other person was right.. warcraft is more of an RPG/Strategy game then real time strategy game.

Status
Not open for further replies.