Warriors should be removed.

please help me :(

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A lot of warriors (for some apparent reason) want to be like a rogue – dealing insane amount of damage and somehow keep their insane armor count. Doesn’t work that way fellas or gals. Warriors were designed not to have the greatest flexibility or the greatest damage, they were built to take damage and to give some too. A lot of warriors like dual wielding and going pure berserker rage (the 3 stances will be explained later on) and want to be the damage dealers – of which there are better classes to do the job (Mages, Rogues, Hunters). During the closed beta-test, there were a lot of arguments whether or not warriors should be allowed in groups for the purpose of damage-per-second, and for the most part people agreed when a warrior is invited into an instance/raid group – he is expected to be taking the hits.
in my opinion blizzard should remove warriors for the following reasons:
1-tanking is very boring and if you are a tank you will suck at pvp
2-no one wants a dps warrior in his group because warriors dont have crowd control abilites such as sap,trap and sheep,so most of dps warriors will find a difficulty in getting epics itmes.
3-druids and paladins tanks can replace warriors tanks.

what do you guys think?

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
I think your arguement is crap, sorry for the word. But its crap.

Warriors is a very dependable class. Okay, Druids and Paladins can tank fairly good.
I dont know much about Druids,
but I know they can take alot of damage becourse they have alot of health and alot of armor points.
Paladins might be good at tanking at some bosses, AoE Tanking, Off-Tanking but those arent places where a Prot Warr cant replace them.

Ive always seen it in the way that Warriors are superior tanks than Druids/Paladins becourse they have so many abilities that can keep aggro, besides they've got Shield Wall, Last Stand etc. I could continue this way, and I dont mind argue about this fact.

Maybe its true about the DPS a warrior can do, they might not far as good as Mages, Rogues, Hunters so on. but they can do alot of damage with the right amount of gear. Take at look at Renzo's Rhinox, hes fury if I recall currently is actually a very good dmg dealer.

You fact about
tanking is very boring and if you are a tank you will suck at pvp
made my kinda laugh.
Tanking can be boring from times to time, but it can also be a challenge. Did you expect Illidan(for example) to be easy tanked? Or Vashj? Keal? They're all challenges.

and if your a tank you will suck at pvp

Actually, it has been proven that prot warriors actually can beat several classes in PvP. If you dont belive me, I'll post a link of a video that shows you that its true. Prot Warriors can also be a very good support in some specific events.

Please remember that warriors are very dependable on gear.

I have never played a warrior above 40 but I know a fair deal about them.
No offense to you mate, im just proven the fact you're wrong.

But one thing is sure: Blizzard will never remove then. They might add a new class in the future.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Then who will tank bosses? Warriors are by far the best tanks.

2-no one wants a dps warrior in his group because warriors dont have crowd control abilites such as sap,trap and sheep,so most of dps warriors will find a difficulty in getting epics itmes.
I admit i have been denied a spot in a 5man because i had no CC, but that's rare if people know you are good.

Druids can't stance dance fears. They can't parry or shield block. Druids are good for high hp and straight up damage reduction. They have no oh-shit! buttons like warriors do. They are excellent for OT'ing (Since you only need two prot warriors for any given encounter) and they can main tank some bosses, but warriors will forever be better at it. That's how they are designed, that's how it should be.
As far as paladins go, they would be a guilds third choice as a tank. Why have a class tanking when they are the best single-target healers in the game? Tankadins are raid viable, but they aren't raid optimal. They are much better for multi-mob tanking (Morogrim Tidewalker) and mitigating a lot of low-damage incoming attacks. They can also unleash a ton of threat quickly because they use mana.

what do you guys think?
I think you just don't understand the warrior class. DPS warriors aren't a liability. While i think one or two (Max) is enough for a 25man raid, that's not to say they're useless. They might just be rogues in plate but they can tank in a pinch if required to. I've saved many people from certain death by slapping a shield on, going defensive stance and taunting a mob that killed it's original tank (L2heal, healers!).
And if a dps warrior can put out some serious damage (Talking like top 5 on the meters) then why not take them?

Besides, who else is going to get given all the dps warrior plate out there?

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
Retribution Paladins will get em thats for sure. Oh wait. They're not usually allowed in raids. :O

and yeah Renzo, you basicly said what I meant.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Tanking trash is boring, main tanking bosses is fun as hell.

Plus, who the **** cares about PVP?
Most warriors who are smart enough to get *some* tanking gear as well when they're dps specced can also off-tank adds, which admittedly doesn't work at all for heroics but it's fine for easy 5-mans.
They really, really, can't.

Druids are able to tank fairly well, but they aren't that great for main-tanking bosses (like Renzo said), also in my opinion Tankadins would only be better than druid/warrior tanks because they are able to hold INSANE aggro.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Mind to link hem? Am curious about retardins.

please help me :(

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Warriors is a very dependable class. Okay, Druids and Paladins can tank fairly good.
I dont know much about Druids,
but I know they can take alot of damage becourse they have alot of health and alot of armor points.
Paladins might be good at tanking at some bosses, AoE Tanking, Off-Tanking but those arent places where a Prot Warr cant replace them.
most of group leaders dont care if you are warrior tank or not they just want somone who has +11k hp i've been kicked many times because of a druid that has more hp than me
Maybe its true about the DPS a warrior can do, they might not far as good as Mages, Rogues, Hunters so on. but they can do alot of damage with the right amount of gear. Take at look at Renzo's Rhinox, hes fury if I recall currently is actually a very good dmg dealer.
They still don't have CC noone wants them in his group
You fact about
tanking is very boring and if you are a tank you will suck at pvp
made my kinda laugh.
Tanking can be boring from times to time, but it can also be a challenge. Did you expect Illidan(for example) to be easy tanked? Or Vashj? Keal? They're all challenges.
are you saying that i can't enjoy playing warriors untill i raid ?
most of guilds raid once a week so, i can enjoy playing my warrior once a week.
Actually, it has been proven that prot warriors actually can beat several classes in PvP.
If you can't beat all the classes, You suck.yeah try to beat a healer or a rouge with a prot warrior they will just orbit stun and immoblize you untill u die.
Please remember that warriors are very dependable on gear.
nope warriors are dependable on healers only.
im just proven the fact you're wrong.
you didn't prove anything get your dps warrior to level 70 and try to join a heroic instance
read thishttp://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...79EC830239FD094D38A98?topicId=330715879&sid=1 yes warriors are sheep
Then who will tank bosses? Warriors are by far the best tanks.
I dont want to be a tank i want to be DPS

i'm not going to make a new class to enjoy this game and waste another 8888 hours of my life.**** this game hellwolf and qucksilver were right

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I know I don't play the game, but Warriors are like a necessity for meat shields and taking the blows for your more effective DPSers or Nukers, especially the ones with not really good Stamina.

If you find tanking boring, there are always other classes or just do a Warrior build that is a little more offensive.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
most of group leaders dont care if you are warrior tank or not they just want somone who has +11k hp i've been kicked many times because of a druid that has more hp than me
Just becourse a druid has more HP than you, doesnt mean he tanks better.

To quote Renzo.
Druids can't stance dance fears. They can't parry or shield block. Druids are good for high hp and straight up damage reduction.
What about reading some of the others posts aswell before you start typing.

They still don't have CC noone wants them in his group
Okay fair enough, but they are still good DPS, maybe not for 5-man groups but for raids they can be useful.
To quote Renzo again.
I admit i have been denied a spot in a 5man because i had no CC, but that's rare if people know you are good.
Try to read Renzokuken's post, he got some straight-up facts that you defiantly need to read. DPS was just a OFF-SPEC for the Warrior Class, it isnt what they were designed for.

are you saying that i can't enjoy playing warriors untill i raid ?
most of guilds raid once a week so, i can enjoy playing my warrior once a week.
No, thats not what Im saying. Most of the guild raids doesnt raid ONCE a week, more than once. I bet 70% of the raiding guilds raid more than ONCE a week. Karazhan, Gruul etc. In all those you can be DPS(depending on the guild, but there is alot of raiding guilds out there)

If you can't beat all the classes, You suck.yeah try to beat a healer or a rouge with a prot warrior they will just orbit stun and immoblize you untill u die.
I admit that can happen, but all classes are dependable on the player playing it. What did you expect? Maybe warlock is fairly easy atm. Besides, you chose a class that is actually pretty hard to level and play with if you dont know what it's all about. Warriors werent DESIGNED to DPS all the way through. A good DPS Warrior with average gear will have it a hard time to outdps etc, a good Rogue with average gear becourse that class is designed to D P S. You just need to keep trying and find out tactics that will work againest healers and other classes in PvP. Besides, Players make MISTAKES, you just gotta make use of them. Shield Bash when they heal and so on.

nope warriors are dependable on healers only.
Did you powerlevel your warrior? Seriously. Your saying that a GREEN-GEARED Warrior with crap weapons and shields with an average of 8k stamina at level 70 and beat ANYTHING with a good healer? Is that what your saying?

For an example, a Green Warrior 8k stamina with a good healer in PvP.
2 average players with totally randomly classes come againest you. Who do you think they will attack? You or the Healer? You have so crappy dmg that you wont even get them below 5k HP. The Healer will be damned becourse you cant help him. Warriors are D E P E N D A B L E on G E A R

Let me show you with the smilies.

The three smilies are the randomly classes, the animal in the middle is the healer. :deadhorse:

Now lets see what you are doing. :noidea:

After they are done with your healer, they will do this.
:croc:
:tnt

you didn't prove anything get your dps warrior to level 70 and try to join a heroic instance
read thishttp://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...79EC830239FD094D38A98?topicId=330715879&sid=1 yes warriors are sheep
Did you only read the first post in there? There are alot of pages in that topic saying EXACTLY the same thing as I do. If you dont realize what we're saying after this post, I cant help you. I have proven ALOT of things, but you cant seem to read or find them at all.

I dont want to be a tank i want to be DPS

i'm not going to make a new class to enjoy this game and waste another 8888 hours of my life.**** this game hellwolf and qucksilver were right
Then maybe you took the wrong class and NO-ONE TELLS YOU HAVE TO PLAY WORLD OF WARCRAFT - FREE WILL

Before you start replying, go read Renzokuken's post and others here on WoW-Section and the WoW-Forum Topic you linked. I really hope you have opened your eyes now.

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I beat priests (shadow or holy, doesn't matter) all the time on my prot warrior. Now, I just so happen to be 30/0/31, but still :D I've only experienced PvP with a priest and a hunter and another warrior on my warrior, but it wasn't really that difficult. It's all about outlasting them until they hit 20% for execute. I haven't really played around in PvP with a dps warrior, but that was about my only strategy as a prot warrior :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
please help me :(, you're talking about instance groups, the situation is a lot different in raids.

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
They shouldn't remove them just nerf them. Being a rogue they annoy me hardcore. Especially the duration of hamstring.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
And as a shadowpriest running out of mana bugs me. Oh wait I have shadowfiend now nevermind.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
And as a warrior, mages annoy me hardcore. Big deal?
Without resists to the mage attacks, ANY Warrior would get annoyed by a mage.