lol see what i mean?
hehe jsut kidding :)
and cersts delete i_got_skill and add i_had_skillz
its my only active acc as of now

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CertS
BULLSHIT INDESPELLIBLE THANKSU RELY ON BLIZZARD FOR FACTS? THEY SAID CHIMS COULD ATTACK AIR IN THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET FOR ROC TEST IN GAME THANX
The reason that the book said that is because thats what chims did, they attacked air. then the patch changed that. so don't be bitching, it says that things may changewith the release of patches

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ignoring all posts... ill say my 2 cents

level 1 wards are only good for rushing and usually only good if you have more then one shadow hunter. however, by level 3 wards dont exactly have a lot of health (since its not a rush, it'll only take like 3 seconds to knock it out), but it DOES have what id consider too much attack damage. either way they're a pain in the ass. in my opinon, level 1 serpent wards should have less health, and all levels of serpent ward should have lowered damage.

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Do your research. You say stuff before you even know it is true. Look here, wards can be dispelled
[
there are more than 1 type of wards bud. I believe that it is YOU who needs to do the research buddy, yes it is true that dispel magic dispels HEALING wards or SENTRY wards or stasis traps, but not serpent wards...if you look at its stats, it clearly states how serpent wards are magic immune...example is the newb NE players that try to explode their wisps next to them when i hero harass with the shadow hunter

also, serpent wards are the best of the 3 spells for the shadow hunter, AND arent too powerful- healing is not the best as a first spell and neither is hex- ill take a summoning spell on all heros who have that option other than archmage who id take blizzard first and WE 2nd.

healing is ok as the second spell, but serpent wards work wonders for rushing and creeping... it is extremely annoying and if the player isnt smart enough to target the wards, the units will never attack them over another unit in the same area... hex lasts almost no time on heros, and is too much mana to do much at all in the long run- its not nearly as good for creeping- players use it because it looks cool or as a channelling spell stopper

also i want to understand why ppl think that the wards are too powerful... the hero has to be at least level 5 to have it lvl 3 and by then 125 hp is nothing- they cant move and have very low HP, making them easy to kill if your a good player at all, but true they do become as powerful as another unit when they are lvl 3...but if that makes them unfair, wouldnt WE of the arch mage and spirit wolves of the farseer also be unfair?

CptJackSparrow

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Seems to me you don't have all the facts straight. Most of your post was full of opinions electro. Thats cool and all. But don't be upset when everyone doesn't agree with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Plus, don't bash the ignorant just because they don't know better. Thats going to get you no where. Instead help them and guide them in the right direction. Im sure more good will come of that then anything else.

~*Mitch*~

CertS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lies chims didnt attack air and never have i remember cause i lost 10 games on wc3 day release wondering why the hell were my mass chims getting raped by mass air. chims never attacked air and for those of u who remeber early days of wc3 were bullshit anyone remember the mass shamans in .04?

spiderman546

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TheNamelessPunk
ignoring all posts... ill say my 2 cents

level 1 wards are only good for rushing and usually only good if you have more then one shadow hunter. however, by level 3 wards dont exactly have a lot of health (since its not a rush, it'll only take like 3 seconds to knock it out), but it DOES have what id consider too much attack damage. either way they're a pain in the ass. in my opinon, level 1 serpent wards should have less health, and all levels of serpent ward should have lowered damage.

man this is enough. wards are already weak enough as is.. FT is very well balanced in my opinion.. really stop bitching about wards already. there fine as is.. dont like it ? dont play,
besides orc owns all anyways

Electroduende9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CptJackSparrow
Seems to me you don't have all the facts straight. Most of your post was full of opinions electro. Thats cool and all. But don't be upset when everyone doesn't agree with it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Plus, don't bash the ignorant just because they don't know better. Thats going to get you no where. Instead help them and guide them in the right direction. Im sure more good will come of that then anything else.

~*Mitch*~
it really helps, when you make a post like this, that you state where my facts went astray- seeing as how i use shadow hunter almost exclusively now, i really think that id know if wards can be dispelled or not- in fact, i have a replay that shows that wards cannot be dispelled in which a player detonated wisps next to my wards in a hero harass

most of what im saying here is not anger, but annoyance that this post is a moot argument over something that isnt correct even a little bit- wards cannot be dispelled. end of story. they have 125 hp so they dont last more than a few hits at level 3 (which should be tier 3 also for good players) unless you mass peons or something- completely fair

help me understand my errors here, man... this is like gettin an f on a test without any marks on it

CuStOm-OwNaGe

Member!
Reaction score
i will have to agree with all of u but in a way orc can be better and night elf can suck all kids of things like undead vs orc i will say undead BUT undead vs humen i will say human so no telling wut is best

Jas

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Jasmanian.com
Eww thats really nasty. But seriously its not that they have to much health. There easy to kill but what if theres 12 of them? WITH GRUNTS i dont think you could kill all the wards and the grunts in an rush even if your partner helps. ONLY if there positioned right.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
level 1 wards have too much health. level 2 and level 3 wards do NOT have enough health. this is just concerning how wards can be a bitch when it comes to damage and rushes. not wards in general.

btw, spiderman, orc blows. what are you gonna use? bloodlust? i dont think that'll go so hot against spellbreakers :)

-edit- man custom ownage, i love it when i click on a new page and the first thing i see is a bunch of nice..sweet..... oh boy...

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I think healing wave is really neeeded more than wards. Orcs have barely any healing spells, so wave is great. especialy for rushes and creeping.

Wards are good with a nice army.

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jas
Its not that it sucks it can be a pain in the ass when theres 12 of them and you have ghouls, or some sort of heavy armor like that and some meat in front of them, grunts do amazing. And if you rush with them its a bitc_ to turn down.
This is true because I was in a tourny game with Jas, and we both got killed by dual wards, I mean, on and on about 10 wards or more counting just threw us off. It's no joke, wards need to be nerfed down to killing easy or attack damage lowered.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well the good thing about it is it's fairly easily distroyed. I don't ming them and they supposed to be pretty good as they are a hero spel.. I think more annoying spell is the rak ranger..silence..heheh silencing ur hero from casting spells..now that's evil!

I am still confused which units to use..how can i include the new unit into my old stuff..they don't seem to fit. The old ones do the job just as good.

well guys u gonna see more of me..coz... I am...back!

gotta test out all the new posters ;)

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The problem with wards is they CAN mean the difference in big battles. Three or more units doing 43 damage on average CAN make a difference. And in big battles near the end of the game it could mean more of a difference than blizzard or flamestrike. The hero rush thing is pretty annoying. But then they are so easy to kill.