Warden or Blood Mage?

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mainly Shadow Strike owns it would take out the BM in like 30 sec if you continue to use it then blink away to get out of the banish spell the BM has on chance and hes dead.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
but if the BM is used well enough, the warden will only have enough mana for 2, maybe 3 SS's because of siphon. so it then just becomes a fist fight, where once again, the warden will win.

and you can cast spells while banished. thats what the spell description says. but im not sure about in game testing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
if the BM tries to syphon magic, the warden will just blink away. SS FOK and then kill the BM. if the waredn is close enough to the hero, he wont risk a flamestrike on himself so he has to run a bit to attack with the flame and that is a stupid strat.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
ya know what? screw it. im siding with you guys, warden will win no matter what crazy strats the BM could pull. the BM just doesn't have enough health to survive against SS and FoN, and blink make 2 of his 3 skills practically useless.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Glad you realized it is not worth fighting a lost cause, BM sucks get used to it :)

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
BM does NOT suck, hes just... not as good... as alot of the other heroes. hes a support hero, phoenix and banish. hes almost like a human alternative to the DL, a crippling skill (sleep/banish) and a summoning skill (pheonix/infernal). DL is still alot better though.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yes, since DL is strength, and has great attack and health, and the aura is amazingly useful compared to both the DK and pally's. And carrion swarm does great damage at level 3 to units bunched up.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aquiyutiluded
is that the order of human hero choices (mk, Bm, then Pal) or is that just what you get?

That's the order which I get my heroes. The only change from RoC is AM replaced by BM. BM is better at hero killing, esp when coupled with the MK, Flamestrike takes very little time to do full damage, compared to blizzard. Banish also magnify the damge done by Storm Bolt and Flamestrike.

Storm Bolt, even at lvl 1, will hold the hero down long enough to take serious damage from FS.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
o_O Okay, here's a good way to look at it..Yes..Warden can blink in and out but sine BM is long range he can just run away and let troops fight, etc. But even so..This was a horrible hero match-up You should really match heroes up that are of the same type -.-'

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
banish lasts 30 seconds on normal units, only 9 on heroes. plus warden can just blink away. blink is the major reason why the warden wins. it makes siphon pretty much useless. siphon has a range of about 85(850), and blinks max range is 100some(1000) so one blink makes the siphon stop working. and the warden and keep on blinking over and over, 1 sec cool down and 10 mana. siphon is 10 sec cool down. blink also makes FS useless, just blink out of the way.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
banished units can't attack, but they can still cast spells. they should be able to at least. haven't tried it in a game yet though. anyone try it?

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nobody uses banish ?

This is BS !!

Banish is like uber damnit. Maybe I should start an article about banish somewhere.

Banished units can't attack, but can cast spells. Banished units also take extra 66% damage from magic attacks and spells.

IMO, unless you banish uber units like chims, taurens, frosties, whatever, banish is better spent on heroes. That demon hunter is going to take extra damage from storm bolt when banished.

Banish + Level 3 bolt + Level 3 Flamestrike will take down any intel/agility hero below level 6.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
see, alot of people do not know the true power of most spells. Half the people on bnet still ask me what the hell happens to bloodlust when i build destroyers

MrHappy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't know why everyone thinks the warden wouldn't be able to cast spells when banished cause it's the exact opposite. when a unit is banished it's ethereal and slowed so when it's ethereal ALL it can do is cast spells. Even though BM is a ranged hero all you have to do is blink up to it cast shadow strike, FoK, blink a way. SS= 275 impact + somewhere around 50 per second, and FoK = 180, if all your spells are at level 3 that is. That's a hell of alot of damage even - hero's magic resistance. So even if the BM is behind a huge army just blink behind it use your spells and blink back. By the way if you're talking about all these combos, doesn't the DH have spell immunity when he uses metamorphasis? That, mana burn, and chaos damage would be really helpful against all those spiffy combos.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Heroes take only 75% damage from magical attacks and spell. That is to say that FoK would deal only 135 damage and SS would deal about 200 damage to heroes. Not a whole lotta damage.