Warcraft Imbalance Discussion

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by x42bn6
Theroy's suggestion can be condensed as follows:

Four races, all units doing the same damage as their Human counterparts, differently skinned, auras seemingly doing different things while they are in fact doing nothing.
Good job I had a feeling that no one would understand it unless I gave million examples. I was just to lazy nice to see you here explain things better then I can =) (what would I do with out you) shouldn't you be working for your 50 cents and hour?

Yes Blizzard slaughtered Nightelf the once overpowered race now is useless good job blizzard.

Human is by far the hardest race to use. I can see it being the most powerful because they have a little bit of everything going for them and counters to everything. But they must be used right. Only people that use them to the full extent are the level 50 human players thoes are the guys that are unbeatable. I usually have no problem taking out Human with NE for the fact that I can rush they are vunurable to that. They micro very well call arms ect then get rifles and I'm at hunts I need mountain gods or I lost bear tech there's the tower rush counter or the air thing. But I see them as the weakest race because I don't get paired against any level 45 human players. But the human players if they keep practicing they got alot going for them do to the way humans set up even if they take tons of nerf can still get buffed.

undead is overpowered now but it's not going to last forever they are going to end up the same way Nightelf is now enjoy well you can.

Nightelf was the race to be for so long. Now they are gonners hopefully blizz makes them good again I don't think the race can take anymore hits. Only reason they stay up now is because of the tier 1 unit that every one bitches about.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
NE used to be able to do simple things like mass archers and pwn the game. Now they've been ****ed. You have to have sick micro and good teching skills to kill the overpowerd UDicks.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
You still cheese NightElf in ROC. But then again me and zaku did nothing but burrow rush for an hr and won 4/4 games.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
they might look at magic immuned abilities espially in rt too.

coil works on destoyers, holy light works on breakers, but rejuv not on dryads? plus shadowhunters life stream works on magic immuned units such as dryads, as does his ultimate. ulitmates i can some what understand though...

heh might look at that too pan seems to think all ud ultimates are crap but they are the least counterable compared to ne.

potm, dh, and kotg, all stopped by sleep, stun, etc.

cl, yeah gl trying to kill that tank, D&D uncouterable, killing enfernal is like trying to kill meta dh, and you have to have dispell first off for animate, then it still cuase you a disadvantage in microing.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
And that ****ing ultimate can be coiled. Your caster group can't damage it. Dryads are even effected by the stun. And turning your melee units around to kill that thing is huge disadvantage it's better then starfall -Bwittle.

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pan
that is better. And no, I dont think that. I think the game is balanced, and that people who say ud is overpwered cant beat them
ture that true that

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Mage
How about buffing Human in the next patch? Humans are nerfed since 1.12 . How can you explain that everybody loses from UD, if yuo watch the ESWC 2004 - all lost from UD, when they are Human. Othwerwise they would have won vs orc, NE or Human.
theres one thing wrong bout this post...............its that HU r weak.......well no there no coz u can build quicker and gather wood much quicker than any other race but ur right if u mean unit wize coz no one i ever played against uses the flying machines((scouts)) coz theres no time for them so they stop building that building((seige workshop))unless there a TC coz they act as a seige tower.((note:i think UD r the hardest to use coz they r at a disadvantage at the start not to mention that they have to build on the blight so there building space is all gone o and when u wont to get those wyrns it takes ages for them to build but easy to take down from the sky o and they only have 2 melee units #aboms and ghouls#so there s*** easy to kill if u rush them))

NeonPork

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea i agree with u all that ud is extremely over powered, however i dont agree with theory's "theory" on how wc3 should be, i think it's extremely nub to be exact. i mean it sounds like it would make the game boring as hell to tell u the truth, making everything the same for every race and making hunts melee. thats incredibly retarded and nub. well enough of that, and 1 more thing, i know u were talking about how NE cant beat UD yes this is true, but i have a replay of one of my best friends (hes mad good at wc3 and i beleive he could be really high raked but hes so paranoid of losses and he makes new accounts constantly) who played beefy- (hes ranked 6th solo useast) and he beat him orc v undead (beefy-) so....u cant say ud is all that great, they have flaws and weak spots. if u watch the replay

Zaku

Reaction score
Theroy, you better be online when I get home from work around 9:00 PM EST. We got some more burrow imba issues to work out in RoC. ^_^

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by x42bn6
Theroy's suggestion can be condensed as follows:

Four races, all units doing the same damage as their Human counterparts, differently skinned, auras seemingly doing different things while they are in fact doing nothing.
then we'd have warcraft 2

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
**true that true that the whole conscept would be destroyed**

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
The game is far from balanced...

I_sa_kill_u_now

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
**and theroy it is balanced its just ppl lik u that cant take loseing to some one with a higher skill level or luck on there side and if u say that thing about getting 6 UDs at once just deal with it coz life is hard and u try change coz u think the world revolves around u and if u cant take this its ur own fault((and i know this is my 2nd post andrew and maybe i have alot of opinions so i lik to tell ppl wats on my mind when i read wat they type))**

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by I_sa_kill_u_now
**well iam sry for that iam new to this ok........and this game dosnt need balencing it needs the ppl to play it not cry about it........would u lik it if u made a game u thought ppl would love and ppl wouldnt think was crap but still they complained about it, u would b pissed and u would think twice about complaining thats all iam trying to point out to ppl((mainly the cry baby theroy coz he cant beat UD or somthing lik that))that u should b thanking blizzard for the mad game,story and the mad b.net set up u should b ashamed of urselfs it took them ages and loads of time making that and its a free set up with ladders and all the things for ur enjoy meant so u and all the ppl should stop complaining coz u think that its too hard((u can complain if its a big problem lik b.net not working or somthing but NE not able to beat UD thats just sad to complain about u make urselfs look lik some one that complains about it raining one day and them getting wet coz of it))**

I can't take you anymore http://www.dictionary.com or don't reply. You have no understanding of how this game works and you're a moron and quite frankly I hate your replys. And maybe Blizzard should fix it isn't hard but no they need to take 3 yrs to patch. Just don't reply to my threads you're a moron.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
damn mods, do your damn jobs.

Theroy, Ive seen many ppl counter Ghouls + gargs, O_O its not impossible

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by TreeFrog123
If we were going to do that we could just play age of empires. :) All units the same for every civ.
That would basically kill WC3's main stat is all the races are DIFFERENT unlike WC2 where they were nearly the same except models/spells.

It wont ever be perfectly balanced. Not unless they do what you guys said maybe, but then most people would quit.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: The only way war3 will be balanced.

Originally posted by Theroy
2)

Blizzard can stop being lazy and patch properly and seperate 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 you will never get balance if you try and please all thoes unless you do them seperate.
You might be on to something there theroy, but blizzard won't admit that they can't balance the ENTIRE game.

The only reason it cannot be balanced is because the ever expansive number of factors that determines the winner. They are often random and sometimes a loss can hinge on one little item that you didn't get.

With starcraft there weren't nearly as many factors and thus it was much more easier to balance.

With WC2, both races were exactly the same...

WC3 will never be balanced, it is just a fact of life. It is one of the reasons why I moved on.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The game is incredibly balanced right now. WC 3 can be balanced, and it will be. It is incredibly clsoe to being balanced right now.

The only problem is ppl with no skill who see everything as imbalances when in reality they just suck to much to beat it.