Warcraft III patch 1.06 resembles Frozen throne

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I think those changes were very much needed. Omit they nerfed the Orc Raiders some more.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Zaku
I think those changes were very much needed. Omit they nerfed the Orc Raiders some more.
yeah i agree...which i find interesting because raiders (along with banshees) are the the least used units in the game in my experience

Beef246

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah there is also the new hero damage aswell an alot of changes as in hp an mana regen rates

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Of course it resembles TFT, Blizzard made TFT so there werent the same imbalances. when they saw it worked out, they made this patch for this game.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I fail to see how Raiders have been nerfed by having Light armor. Raiders were meant to be anti-building units, and their abilities against buildings have been enhanced by having Light armor. Piercing does reduced damage to Raiders, as does Siege, so Raiders are going to be much better against buildings. Would you prefer them having Heavy armor and taking more damage from Piercing? I thought so.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
well it's a good change and the difference is not as huge anymore between FT and vanilla. we got 1 month to get used with it :).

I know some1 that will be massing raiders now ;)

Kluff

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
And now that casters have the unarmored armor type raiders will do 150% damage (siege). So we will probable see mass raiders soon.

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
I think it sucks that the tome of experience is now a level 5 item, that's stupid, by the time you are at that level what good is a tome of experience... it's a nice little booster when you are a level 2 or 3... they should change it back.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mass raiders with pillage would pwn all of you!! I do that anyway, it works about 80% on single player and like 70% on Multi

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, this just means that Raiders are gonna get owned even harder by melee units. Anything that's melee is gonna tear them a new one even faster than they did before. So it kinda balances out. Raiders become better at what they were meant to do, and become even worse at actual combat, which they were never meant for in the first place...

Well, they'll be tough against support units though, which is nice to see. :D

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
what are u talking about guys? raiders are not getting owned. as long as u go casters along with raiders, UD should have more than the super crappy ghouls that take now 200% from magic. plus raiders hardly die when u send them to take out some towers. Before a raider was killed by an archer..now raiders owns archers :p. they get 75% from archers and they inflict 100% and they have pretty nice damage also...plus did I mention they absolutely own drys? :p...U just gotta love them..WOOF! WOOF!

Although i see a more mass fiends that mass ghouls..how strange is that?

Zantetsuken

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno why anyone would consider using radiers in a 3vs3 or 4vs4 game. The only time I used radiers in a game was once. And i only made 2 of em. I only used them to counter starfall since no one else on my team was smart enuff to counter it. :p
I think radiers were given ensnare so they can stop the incoming enemies and run like mad if u ask me.:p

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Although i see a more mass fiends that mass ghouls..how strange is that?
To be honest, I'm not surprised. After I read the changes, it was obvious that Ghouls were not going to be entirely the bread and butter unit of the Undead. Now it's split between the Fiends and the Ghouls. You just have to spy on your enemy to decide which should be used.

wkdentns

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I used to be a NE player massing Dyrads owned everythin
now there are shit except they have more hp...
Ive had Wc3 for a month while I see ppl playin they never use raiders kodo or basheers blizzard should upg some of those unit to make them usefull and make dyrads stronger :p (im still a noob in wc3)..

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Raiders are much more powerful at their original role now (base destroying). Kodos are usually used to help increase the damage of Orc armies. I don't know how Banshees can get any stronger than they are right now. The only time they've been as strong as they are now was in 1.03, with the extremely cheap undispellable AMS. With the lowered Curse cost and a 33% chance to miss, AND increased mana regeneration speed, Banshees are pretty damn strong.

And making Dryads stronger? Nah, I like 'em just how they are now... FIEND FOOD! :lucifer