Warcraft III Collector's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowOfDespair

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Did anyone buy the collector's edition? Colllector's edition game and manual, big pics of all four races, cd soundtrack, dvd with cinematics, art of warcraft book. I thought it was a pretty good deal, i found it for like 5 bucks more than just the game at a local gamestop so i got it and i think it's a good deal, just wondering if anyone else got it:D

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
IMO it's a waste of money. Every single game is coming out with a "Collectors Edition" now... and worst of all, sometimes the collectors edition comes out before the actual game does! The whole point of the collectors edition game is meant for games that have been around for a while, not just to get some gay figurines and a t-shirt or whatever.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
yo i got it. I compaired it with the price of the game and it was the same so i got it. i reserved a copy of just the original but switched to the collectors edition cause it was no difference. But guess what i don't give a damn what i got cause all i want is starcraft 2.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by pan_the_man
yo i got it. I compaired it with the price of the game and it was the same so i got it. i reserved a copy of just the original but switched to the collectors edition cause it was no difference. But guess what i don't give a damn what i got cause all i want is starcraft 2.
I hear ya. We want SC2! We want SC2! We want SC2! We want SC2! We want SC2! ..... When will blizzard listen to us? Do they gotta make another fricken warcraft game? Sheesh.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i like guns cause they blowthings up. i like tanks cause they can blow things up. i like bc cause Yamato cannons blows things up.
warcraft 3 has rifles and steam tank but no bc so thats why i like starcraft. lol
actualy i like the sc storyline better than warcrafts. plus the first 2 warcrafts were kinda crapy cause they had no unique stuff. sc was the game that changed that. now war 3 is out and its cooler but starcraft will still be the one that changed the way the game is played.

mechaman40

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i didn't even know that there was a collectors edition but even if i did i wouldn't buy cause it sounds expensive

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I think people seem to forget how old starcraft actually is... it's coming up on it's 7 year birthday! Brood war is like, 5 years old. Still, that's pretty amazing. What other game has been out for 7 years and is played as much as Starcraft is??? Personally, even though SC is 7 years old, I think it's still one of the best damn games on the market. I still am hoping they make a movie for it, that would be awesome.

InsaneSpud

Reaction score
Yeah i got the collectors edition, i had the money and all, the only things i wanted out of it were the dvd and the art work book, now they are selling the book by itself (&^@&^@@&*^%&*#$). oh well, it was still a good deal. Now everyone think of a collectors edition SC 2 and we can all drool about it now instead of doing that when i comes out. ( most of us will be doing both times though)

TwiSPi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Stick up for war2

ummmm
yeah SC's been around a while.
and as for war2 not having any unique stuff?
come on it invented the RTS genre (real time strategy)
war2 is coming up on it's 7th anniversary (not SC)
are you kids all 12 or something?
Anyway Warcraft is the great game not starcraft... SC wasn't much better than Total annihalation (in fact, if cavedog didn't go broke i'd say TA was much better). SC was very simple... lots of cash mapping hacking wusses...

suppabob

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Starcraft is 4 years old (1998), but I definitely think WarII did make the whole idea of the RTS gaming style, but Starcraft totally made it one of the most popular genres of games, as say, over RPG.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Get it right, starcraft is 5 years old (1997) Broodwar is 4 years old (1998). Just thought i would clear up the fact that starcraft is still the greatest game i own. next to Wrestlemanis X8 and Killer Instinct(snes).

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I spent the extra money on the colectors edition without even thinking about buying the normal. Ive been waiting for Warcraft III since sometime around September 1999. I bought the colectors edition the day the game came out. Also, the book Art of Warcraft is great, and costs $20 American if its bought alone.

Tupeq

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wciii.com
Well, I just had my birthday, and hey, why not ask for the WCIII Collectors edition instead of the standard one? Good thinkin' slef.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
ShadowOfDespair said:
Did anyone buy the collector's edition? Colllector's edition game and manual, big pics of all four races, cd soundtrack, dvd with cinematics, art of warcraft book. I thought it was a pretty good deal, i found it for like 5 bucks more than just the game at a local gamestop so i got it and i think it's a good deal, just wondering if anyone else got it:D
no :( would be cool though.

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
pan_the_man? lol.

I did buy the collector's edition actually, because I'm a consumer whore.

Status
Not open for further replies.