Warcraft 3: The Undead Heros: Unite and Destroy

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, using those three, I'll say Coil, Nova, and then Impale. The reason why is cuz Impale stuns, putting the hero out of action for a while, and allowing Coil (with a mere 5 second cooldown) to almost finish its cooldown, enabling the DK to throw ANOTHER one at the hero. I don't think I've ever met a player who liked letting their hero get hit by 2 Coils, except for Undead allies. :p

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whateve. Some call it triple nuke, some call it SpOD (Spell Of Doom, not Stunning Palm of Doom), and you, call it uber-cannon.

Personally I'd stick with triple nuke. uber-cannon is reserved for the black citadel (that's an ubercannon).

In RoC, the sequence goes Nova, Coil, Swarm. Nova first so that fast heroes (like the damned Demon hunter) won't run too far when he sees you beginning the SpOD. Swarm is last so that if the hero has less than 200 HP (and thus receive less than 200 damage from swarm damage distribution), the extra damage goes to other nearby units. By the end of the sequence you should be able to cast another coil - should the enemy lives.

In TFT, you have a wider choice. When going mass fiends I find the CL to be a really uber-good second hero. Those big bad beetle bugs make a good tank (lvl 3 scarab have the HP of a footman !), and there's five of them, and they cost a mere 30 mana. Third hero is the lich.

While the total damage is less than when what you would have when going with DK,DL,Lich combo, it's still pretty powerful. First because we have the stunning impale !, second because I'm using mass fiends (with statues they can last for a really long while). With this tactic I'd go with Rage Winterchill, coil, nova, impale - then coil again. This would make the reduction in damage less noticeable, not like you would notice it anyway with fiends FFing the poor busted bastard.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
hmmm, why not just group all heros in one group and tab between them? i know they switch pos. depending on experience, but thats not really a problem. also, that blue text gives me a headache trying to pick it out from the green background

Taco_Demon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No offence to anyone here but the CL is the best hero in the undead hero selection. First of all his Impale, highly underated, if you have ever had a chunk of your army fly into the air and come crashing down into the ground you will understand. The CL has some nasty other psychological affects on the opposing army, summoning masses of bugs from corpses. Spawning more bugs with his ultimate and then top it off with throwing the units into the air... Anyway i thought i would just voice my opinion

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
Crypt Lord's Impale does reeaaaaalllllyyyy little damage!! 50 damage and stun for 2 seconds, is it? for level 1 for 110 mana, is it???

I think that its just a LITTLE bit underpowered.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
CL is ok...but I would go with DK + Lich + CL. I don't find as many uses for the DL nowadays. The only 2 good spells he has are sleep and Infernal. The statues are a good replacement for the dreadlords vampiric aura.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I would go DK + DL + CL Aragorn,the Lich is useless although the nova is good

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I would go DK + DL + CL Aragorn,the Lich is useless although the nova is good
Look at my AVATAR.

Lich owns all in his frosty path. I always get lich in games because all of his spells are quite useful...except ritual. If you are losing with the UD, (as quoted by Rage) "you probably aren't getting the lich soon enough."

Just because he has low HP doesn't mean he sucks, it just means you have bad micro... :p

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
CL all the way baby Im usualy a 1 hero person but i like to add DL in there 2. I really feel that CL is underated people seem to want to stick to the old heros but CL is a tank. I have stoped so many rush's with him in team games using the beetles for a first ability it fun to see 2-3 heros run or tp from ur base cuase u have already like 10 units out by the time they rush you (hero+bettles+ghouls) his lvl 6 is great giving him a attack+heal outside of ur base witch is great for killing peasents. and who can complain about +7 armor with a 35% damage return.

sorry i have just grown attached to him cuase i just started playing UD and never used the old heros and ive had up to a 65% wins so i must be doing something rite as an UD noob

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
CL is a good hero. I don't like him though because of his speed. He is a really slow hero, and retreating from battle becomes very difficult for him.

Pyroman2388

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Look at my AVATAR.

Lich owns all in his frosty path. I always get lich in games because all of his spells are quite useful...except ritual. If you are losing with the UD, (as quoted by Rage) "you probably aren't getting the lich soon enough."

Just because he has low HP doesn't mean he sucks, it just means you have bad micro... :p
I agree, lich is very good if u can micro. however, i don't like to get him till later in the game when i can defend him better.
Of course, it also depends on the race your against. If i'm against Humans/Orcs/NE/Random, i'd get DK 1st. if enemy is undead, i'd get DL. 2nd is which ever of those 2 i didn't get first. 3rd is the lich almost always.... if the game lasts that long.

I got nothing against the CL... just that i don't think he's as good as the other 3... plus he's a "new" TFT char... and i'm not one to like change very much... i got TFT about a month or 2 ago... i haven't used him much, and i don't plan to.

trollwarlord2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
undead is very simple , i learned my skills from Wicked.UD
go dk (always) he has a good aura and healing ability
later cl or lich ( u need aoe dmg) fiend with obsidian
or else ghoul/abo/obsidian
that are the strongest units in ud
(in ffa , u might want to go garg+wyrm however)