War3.mpq data corrupt error.

N

nekrusss

war3.mpq data corrupt error. HELP PLEASE!!

Hello there, I have an a lagitimate copy of both RoC and TFT and up until recently they have worked fine with no CD cracks to play. I've patched to 1.12 and use the 1.12 no CD crack and also have about 100 added maps from misc web pages. Here is where the problem comes in; I can play the campaigns fine and all, but when playing a custom game, with an official Blizzard map or not, the game starts to load but about half way through the blue progess bar filling up it just freezes and gives me a critical error saying that there was a problem accessing war3.mpq, that the data was corrupt. I know my hard disk and RAM are fine, so I think it must be a software conflict of some sort. Like I said, until recently this set up worked fine, without any problems. Also, I noticed that when this problem started the curser used to navigate in the game switched from the hand to a blue crosshair. Just so you'll know, I am running it on a HP Pavilion Labtop, model ze4125. Athlon XP 1600+, 256 megs RAM, 64meg Radion IGP with 64MB shared memory, 40 gig HD, etc... Not that any of that matters but I thought I'd give the specs any way. ANy help at all will be appreciated, thanks.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i dont know to much about this stuff so dont take anything i say to heart but some no-cd cracks have the world editor carck as well myabe urs doesnt. whether it would effect ur situation im not sure but it sounds like you might want to look into that

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
the world editor crack shouldnt effect it.......... try re-intalling and re-patching...... make sure you delete the whole directory cause there may be something in there that is causeing the problem....

i had that blue crosshair problem too, you have to update your driver for your video card....

goto

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=14&submit.y=11

for your video card driver...... hope this helps.......

N

nekrusss

Hey there, thanks for the advice. It seems to have worked, I reinstalled the drivers and reset all the video settings for it, because I had been tinkering with it trying to get a little more performance out of it. But yeah, it seems to be working fine now. THanks for the advice and help. :)