Wanted movie

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So i FINALLY saw this movie. And ugh, i gave a resounding meh when it ended. It tried so hard to be funny and it's tenuous storyline was so predictable, of course Crass (Or whatever his name was) was his father, that was so obvious. And seriously, what's up with a loom of fate? I can't believe that thing is actually deciding who they kill. That's such a cop out, i don't care if it was from the comics, it's still retarded.

I could say more, but this movie just plain sucked. Most of my friends thought it was ok, but uuuggghhh.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
i always have this strange but interesting vision that easily tells me that a certain movie sucks. It just happens, i dont know maybe im an oracle movie critic, i can tell the movie would suck from the trailer alone or even just with the given title. like, oh another movie with an overrated trailer, next trailer please.

just like i felt with the wanted trailer. its automatic, theres no chance in the world im going to watch it in the theaters it be a waste of money. Im always a step ahead from others specially with my friends because they dont easily see that the movie is cheap and of low quality as a whole. just because angelina is there and the trailer looks badass(well for them) doesn't mean its a great quality movie.

well i have not seen it yet... and i think its just a so so movie. i'll just watch it when it comes to hbo or cinemax.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
So i FINALLY saw this movie. And ugh, i gave a resounding meh when it ended. It tried so hard to be funny and it's tenuous storyline was so predictable, of course Crass (Or whatever his name was) was his father, that was so obvious. And seriously, what's up with a loom of fate? I can't believe that thing is actually deciding who they kill. That's such a cop out, i don't care if it was from the comics, it's still retarded.

I could say more, but this movie just plain sucked. Most of my friends thought it was ok, but uuuggghhh.
IT wasn't from the comics. In fact the entire ****ty ****ing story had nothign to do with the comics. That is what pissed me off the most, was that they called it "wanted" but it wasn't ****ing "wanted", it was some stupid ****ty movie with no relation at all. Bull****.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
It's like how Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within wasn't about Final Fantasy at all. and it ended up to be a big ass box office bomb, and one of the reasons Enix bought Squaresoft.

Or how the Super Mario Bros. movie was about the game world yes, but I didnt see no "goomba" mushrooms or "koopa" turtles, and the world was a morbid dark future with Bowser looking like a human/lizard thingy getting owned by a Bob-omb. It ended up being another box office flop and Bob Hoskins admitting it was his "worst film he was ever in".

That is the biggest problem in any video game/comic based movie - realationship between the medias.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Final Fantasy was good, i liked it. It had nothing to do with the games because well, who the **** wants to see a turn-based movie? Besides, each FF game has nothing to do with the last so it wasn't surprising it was it's own story.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
final fantasy should just went straight to dvd. the story is more sci fi than fantasy like.
i was disappointed but i was impressed by the cg animations and model well it costs 105 million dollars to make.

mario suckd. doom suckd hard. doa suckd the most even tho i have not seen it yet.

im hoping halo/world of warcaft will remove the game to movie curse at the box office.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Halo Movie is dead btw.

and video game movies suck because no studio really takes them seriously, neither do the directors, so they don't get a good budget and no real actors sign on making for a very bad movie.

Comic movies however are getting a lot better recently because studios are starting to see they can be serious and dark and make bucket loads of money from everyone and not just hardcore fans.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
^ im still hoping for a halo movie and peter jackson is going to direct it.

world of warcraft is taken very seriously, first legendary films (dark knight/300) is doing it and it cost more than 100 million dollars to produce. i say it be epic just like lotr or maybe even better.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Peter Jackson was never going to direct, he was just executive producer. And the film is dead in the water, there was no way to make a movie about a character that has no face.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Wanted looked dumb. It looked like it was trying to hard to be bizarre action like Shoot'em Up except Shoot'em Up was actually pretty funny and a decent movie. Killing people with carrots is much more believable than curving bullets.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Peter Jackson was never going to direct, he was just executive producer. And the film is dead in the water, there was no way to make a movie about a character that has no face.
why not halo has millions of followers. and thats the also reason why theres a warcraft movie coming out in 2009.

Spaceninja27

Reaction score
I haven't seen the movie yet, I heard from some people that it was "entertaining" at best and from others I heard it was just awful. The comic however, imo is incredible. I had a lot of fun reading through the graphic novel, definitely check it out if you get a chance.