Want to know why the Protoss > All?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I just figured out why, a moment of clarity hit me while battling 2v2 with RyanXWing on LT vsing Alura and beri0us.

I *would* post a replay but i was disconnected right when i was kicking major ass, and i heard everyone left when i was dropped anyway (Btw, if any of the observers snatched a replay, please post it).

This was my second game for months and it was 2v2 like i already said, i was Protoss and RyanXWing was Terran, beri0us was Protoss and Alura was Zerg.

It started off like any other melee, but i decided to go mass spellcasters and got my gas early. Ryan was being newb (I haert you tuna) and got too much M&M and turtled up again so i decided to stay defensive until the time was right.

All of us expoed pretty easily to our naturals and it was a rather calm game, until i instigated a battle between myself and beri0us at his second natural (The only-mineral expo), Ryan backed me up and we destroyed that minor base. But to no surprise did Alura launch a counter attack at my natural, i had about 8 or so Zealots guarding it and he launched about 4 groups of Hydras at it. I retreated my spellcasters from beri0us' expo and ran back to my natural (I had about 2 DAs and over 7 HTs). My Dragoons and Zealots lasted a while and provided excellent cover for my DAs to Maelstrom, then my HTs to cast Psi-Storm.

In less than 8 seconds of my spellcasters arriving, his full force was eliminated. That is pwnage, Protoss spellcasters own anything, especially Zerg.

Another example of Protoss kicking Zerg into the ground was when Ryan and i attacked beri0us head-on at his natural and Alura backed him up by flanking me from behind with about 3 groups of Mutalisks. What did i do? I didn't have many Dragoons and Zealots surely didn't help against air, so i Maelstromed about 60% of his Mutalisks and just casted Psi-Storm over and over, and yes, in about another 8 seconds, his entire air army was decimated.

I'm not trying to brag here, but that's damn awesome. Two spells and about 3 units destroyed an entire Zerg air assault.

The last example is MC. I MCed one of Ryan's SCVs rather early and expoed to the top left island. I then slowly built Tanks and learnt Siege and at the end, i used them against beri0us and took out most of his base.

I'm not trying to brag, but the Protoss just pwn. I love them and multi-racing in a 2v2 is easy and so damn worth it. And massing DAs is alotta fun :D

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
Trongamonga will be proud sir... I was being nub?! NOT FOR ME THAT WAS LIKE UBAR PRO FOR ME WTF

Yeah... psi (PIE) storm owns...

PUMPKINHEAD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
As the protoss units' power and graceful soul, zerg has extreme expansion ability and the exploding "mass" of the units i would say..

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my favorite strategy with toss always involved arbiters and i did more then sneaking in a cloaked army...
i would always stasis with abour 3 arbiters as many times as i could in the enemy base and at their miners then i would send in just enough units to slaughter a few buildings then i wouls set zeals arouns the stasis units and dragoons behind them. i trap them in their own base.
observer+arbiter+dark templars own also.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
True psi storm owns but there some zerg spells that can annoy a protoss player like turning high temps into broodlings or casting dark swarm against goons. tis' all about the skill of the player :p

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ReiGn said:
True psi storm owns but there some zerg spells that can annoy a protoss player like turning high temps into broodlings or casting dark swarm against goons. tis' all about the skill of the player :p
but toss i think still own all races and if u have a skiled toss player then they're even better.

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I kept trying to stasis his casters...::curses teh Das and there Feedback!::
Mass Metal + Mass, well...mass every toss unit ^^ VS. DTs and goons + Hydras/mutas...

Protoss can be the best and the worst race depending on whos hands its used... With me...they suck. With Renzo...they Roxor my Boxor!

(Smiley representation of teh Infesting of terrans... :tnt <--I like taht =D)

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to admit Renzo... When i saw that match I saw the full cheapness of the Protoss.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I do agree, Protoss do have a lot of advantages over Zerg and Terran, but it goes the same both ways as well. You won fair and square that game though, I won't get pist off about it because It's just a game, nothing more. I need to get better at SC but I can't find a suitable reason at the present moment to go through with getting better. I don't do well in strategy games anymore. :(

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Yes I do think Protoss is the best race, that is until I found a huge weakness Protoss has.
One spell, can obliterate many Protoss buildings and units.

EMP Shockwave.

I found out that spell totally owns Protoss after someone bsed me. They had built many cannons to defend himself. I had about 6 Battlecruisers and 2 Science Vessel. I EMP Shockwaved him and killed those cannons in a couple shots.

And doesn't the Archon have 350 Sheild points?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I wants the replay of this game!

Protoss are indeed very good. But not my favorite race ;)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Too bad no one ever techs to it in TvP :(

And Tronga, how dare you insult the Protoss race! By the power vested in me, i wish to revoke your avatar priviledges for the misuse of a Protoss unit when in fact Protoss isn't your favourite race.

What you just said Tronga, is like me buying WC3 and TFT and ditching SC.

You were supposed to be my Protoss buddy :(

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Terran are my favorite race, but my favorite unit is the Dark Archon. Different things :p

For example, RyanXRated's favourite race is the Terran and the nukes, but his favourite unit is Billy the Overlord :D

And I don't misuse the Dark Archon, mate. I knew from a long time how much of a pwnage they can be. And you didn't even use the third of their spell, the one that I prefer the most. The one I nicknamed as Spell Slaughter (well, it sounds better in my language :()

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Tronga, i used feedback like twice, only because beri0us didn't get many HTs and it's easier to MC Arbiters than to feedback them (Arbs have more than 250 hp). And Alura didn't get spellcasters, so i could only maelstrom him.

Next time i comp stomp, i'm gonna cannon up and go mass DAs.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I figured TrongaMonga's favorite race was Protoss. A bog suprise.

Maybe I'll start to larn Terran. EMP looks like a nasty ticket into the much needed revenge on Sir Renzakaka.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Well i'd be more than happy to experiment with a Terran player, if they tech to EMP rather fast, and we'll see how handy it really can be...

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I h8 you bastard, when ever I wanna play it's always: "I am busy." or "I'm too gay." I miss the old summer days playing w/ tronga :usad.