Walls

The_Avenged

Reaction score
I think that in StarCraft 2, each race should be able to create a wall.

For Terran, it could be Barbed Wire. It recoil damages Melee units who attack it.
HP/Shield/Armor: 50/0/1

For Zerg, it could be a Spine Wall. You can burow the Spines, and then they would shoot up and attack the enemy when he/she came.
HP/Shield/Armor: 40/0/1

Then for the Protoss, it could just be a normal Protoss-looking wall, but with extra shields so that it could take more of a beating.
HP/Shield/Armor: 50/50/1

Each wall should cost 25 minerals per square. They can be used to block off a base, then you can put defensive structures behind them for heavy security. So what do you think?

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
hahahahaha oldschool wc2 stylie :0, but anyways if its all wall, where's the entrance :\ thats why u use buildings instead

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Good idea but transports could just as easily hope units over. And air units wouldn't even have to worry about that. Bunks, Cannons, Spore and Sunken colonies are the best walls there are. They attack plus can be used for walling in your base or walling out the enemy. :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Walls would jsut make the game stale. I can jsut see idiots turtling up with like 4 layers of walls.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Pan said:
Walls would jsut make the game stale. I can jsut see idiots turtling up with like 4 layers of walls.
not to mention terran with massive tanking

UED_Captain

Member!
Reaction score
Mentally retarted since its the future and walls are useless for protection.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
The_Avenged said:
I think that in StarCraft 2, each race should be able to create a wall.

For Terran, it could be Barbed Wire. It recoil damages Melee units who attack it.
HP/Shield/Armor: 50/0/1
I don't think blizzard will do this, it had oportunities until now (Warcraft)
maybe a kind of turret for the human that will be able to attack ground units too, not just air units.

Pan said:
yeah, exactly, we already see this kind of idiots in Warcraft with rows of towers.

FakeNameHere

Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Walls just dont work, Blizzard games are known for simplicity with extremely deep strategy. In WC3 the focus was on micro with little clutter, and turtleing up with walls is not a very realistic suggestion.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
FakeNameHere said:
Walls just dont work, Blizzard games are known for simplicity with extremely deep strategy. In WC3 the focus was on micro with little clutter, and turtleing up with walls is not a very realistic suggestion.
Only in AOE and AOE2 are there walls. I don't think in AOE3 there are walls, they probably use fortifications/barrack type structures for that. I'm not sure.

But this is SC, and the future probably doesn't use walls. Same reason for boats when spacecraft can easily and more efficiently transport units across land/space.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
Only in AOE and AOE2 are there walls. I don't think in AOE3 there are walls, they probably use fortifications/barrack type structures for that. I'm not sure.

But this is SC, and the future probably doesn't use walls. Same reason for boats when spacecraft can easily and more efficiently transport units across land/space.
There are walls in AoE3. They don't last long against cannons, but nothing lasts long against cannons there anyway. It's just to prevent raids, as in any other AoE.

Anyway, 25 minerals per square? I think that's a lot.

OhManTfe

Member!
Reaction score
Your idea might work it would bring another complexity into the game. The walls are too expensive though prehaps 5min each?

Darktekmaster

Member!
Reaction score
lol jus like red alert... but... toss a line of cannons... zerg a line of sunkens... and ran suplie depots with bunks behind it and tanks behind that.. but i kno wut ur talkin about... build like a real fort not fake stuff...hmm it wuld take awhile if its like age of empires where u build 1 block at a timee