Viz's Charged Strike/Light Fury Zon Guide

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Viz's Charged Strike Javazon

PvM Charged Strike Javazon

Character Description

This character utilizes an all too unused skill called Charged Strike. Charged Strike emits charged bolts exceeding great amounts of lightning damage upon striking. Though it is close ranged melee, it still proves quite effective. It doesn't kill as fast as Lightning Fury does, but it will be doing much more damage once the character is fully built and equipped.

Charged Strike has 4 synergies. These synergies consist of: Power Strike, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Strike, and Lightning Fury. Since maxing all 4 synergies plus the main skill will take up about all of your skill points, we will not be maxing all 4 synergies. I will go more in detail with this and the reasons why later on in the Skill Allocation section of this guide.

Skill Point Allocation

Main Skills:
Max: Charged Strike
Charged Strike will be your main skill along with Lightning Fury. Both Charged Strike and Lightning Fury share the same synergies, so this allows you to utilize both skills. Charged Strike does a great amount of damage per charged bolt released, and it releases 7 at once aloing with your initial jav damage.

Max: Lightning Fury
Lightning Fury is an awesome skill for speed killing large groups. While Charged Strike is a group killer at times Lightning Fury proves much more effective. The amount of damage done is significantly less than that done by Charged Strike, but it makes up for it with the multiple hits, etc.

Synergy Skills:

10 Points: Lightning Bolt
10 Points: Power Strike
10 Points: Lightning Strike

Passive Skills:
8 Points: Dodge
8 Points: Avoid
8 Points: Evade
- All three of these skills are a must. Putting 8 points in them allows for a good amount of dodging, avoiding, and evading attacks..while gear +skills will increase them.

1 Point: Pre-Reqs

Stat Point Allocation

Strength: Enough for Stormshield minus +str from gear. 156 strength is Stormshields requirement, but if you can get good enough +str from your gear you should be fine with about 100 or so. (Will update)

Dexterity: 150. I say 150 because it takes a lot of dex to get perfect block at high levels, even with Stormshield. This also will add in damage to your attacks and increase your attack rating. 150. Not too high, but not too low.

Vitality: Rest of your points. You can add in a few here and there while leveling, but I encourage you to get your strength and dexterity done with before finishing out your points here. Once strength and dexterity are done, all remaining points go here.

Energy: Base. Nuff' said.

Gear Selection

Weapon:

Ethereal Titan's Revenge

Titans is probably the best all around weapon for this build, unless you're fortunate enough to get a nice rare high damage jav. Upgrade titans' to matriarchal javelin. They have lots of more phys dmg when upgraded.

Body Armor:

Chains Of Honor

+Skills, Leech, Damage Reduce, +20 Strength, and Resists. Can't beat it.

Shield:

Stormshield

Heh, nuff' said.

Gloves:

Rare gloves with 3 ml, +2 java skills, 20 ias + other nice mods (dex, resists, etc.) are a lot better than draculs' for a javazon, but if you can't find them then just use Dracul's Grasps.

Dracul's Grasps

10% life leech, 25% chance open wounds, +14 strength. Very nice gloves.

Helm:

If you need the dual leech, use tal mask, but if you don't need the leech, I would suggest to use a better helm, like "Ral" Andy's visage or a Faceted Griffons' to add tons of lit dmg.

Griffons Eye
Defense: 150-260 (varies)(Base Defense: 50-60)
Required Level: 76
Durability: 20
+100-200 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-15-20% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
+10-15% To Lightning Skill Damage (varies)
(Ladder Only)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

[[[[[Continued In Next Post ]]]]]

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Belt:

Thundergod's Vigor

Nuff' said.

Boots:

Aldurs Advance

Hands down, best boots for this zon type.

Amulet:

Any godly crafted blood ammy with +skills, leech, life, res, and maybe some str.

Examples:

If you can't find one of those or make one, I suggest Highlords:

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Ring #1:

Any godly crafted blood or rare ring with dual leech, life, resists, and maybe some str and/or dex.

Examples:

If you can't find one of those or make one, I suggest Carrion Wind:

Ring #2:

Ravenfrost

dex, AR, and cannot be frozen. Good ring.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Charms:

Small Charms

• 5% frw w/ life, ar, or psn dmg.
  • 7% fhr w/ life, ar, or psn dmg.
  • Annihilus:
  • Max dmg charms:

Socketing Information

You can socket your gear with whatever you think will benefit you the most. Here are some common choices for use in socketing:

Runes:

Ber Rune

Zod Rune

Um Rune

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Jewels:

40/15 ias jewel

40/15 max dmg jewel

40/10 min dmg jewel

Rainbow Facet:

5/5 Light Facet
Required Level: 49
100% Chance To Cast Level 41 Nova When You Level-Up
Adds 1-74 Lightning Damage
+3-5% To Lightning Skill Damage (varies)
-(3-5)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Merc Hireling Info

An act 2 nightmare offensive merc is reccommended to use. It is very ideal for any type of zon. The +dmg added from the might aura will increase your attack damage dramatically, and is very helpful. This merc can also be very helpful if you come into contact with light immunes, ie: Black Souls in Act 5, etc.

Here's a good setup for an act 2 nm off merc:

Originally posted by djnat
Desert mercenary. Act 2 Offensive (nightmare). He uses might and increases your melee damage. Equipped as usually, with:

Cheap gear

Eth Gaze [Shael]
Upgraded Shaftstop [Um]
Reaper's toll [Shael]

Expensive gear

Eth Andariel's visage [40ed / 15 ias jew]
"Chains of honor" eth Archon plate
Eth Reaper's toll [40 ed / 15 ias jew]

Guide Conclusion

This guide was made purely for PvM, but can successfully be used in PvP also. I'd post a strat on how to duel certain characters, but since 1.) This guide is intended for PvM and 2.) I haven't dueled all classes of characters, I will not be doing so.

Charged Strike and Light Fury are two of the best skills for any Javazon. I hope you enjoyed this guide. :)

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
*Split for comment allowage*