Video Game Music?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well...hmm...Nintendo games...gotta be Lemmings...addictive as hell. Saria's Song, too.

But the best soundtracks aren't on Nintendo consoles, at least not yet I think.
My favorites are the battle music for Devil May Cry 2 and the battle music for BloodRayne 2. The metal roxx my soxx.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
J'kar, have you heard any music by composers such as Nobuo Uematsu or Yasuroni Mitsuda? If not, go listen to both Chrono Trigger's Music and Final Fantasy 6's. I'm pretty sure if you liked music from 7-10, you would probably like the older music as well.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ummm...I have no earthly idea...*sheepish grin* I have never played a single Final Fantasy game...*ducks the rotten tomatoes and busted controllers thrown at him.*

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
J'kar said:
Well...hmm...Nintendo games...gotta be Lemmings...addictive as hell. Saria's Song, too.

But the best soundtracks aren't on Nintendo consoles, at least not yet I think.
My favorites are the battle music for Devil May Cry 2 and the battle music for BloodRayne 2. The metal roxx my soxx.
I only really liked the boss music in DMC2. I think the highlight of that game was the first battle with the orangatang. Very pimp.

wreckinball

Member!
Reaction score
final fantasy tactics has a real nice soundtrack--- and of course ff7--- nintendo music would be the old games lifeforce and mystic quest

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Tracks from those classic Gameboy games do tend to revive old memories. Makes you think of how much games have revolutionized.

Especially Tetris, Mario and Dr.Mario.

- Amantis

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Tetris music was kinda funny, when they played that scene from the Simpsons. The song played when Homer tried to squeeze everything in the car moving the stuff and his family around like Tetris blocks.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That reminds me. Does anybody remember the fiddler music you got after beating tetris on the hardest level? Pimp as hell.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I used to play Dr. Mario just for the music, because I really liked it back then, next to some paperboy game I also had for the NES at the time. That's way back..

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pains Requiem said:
what about the band from 10????????
WHO SINGS THAT ****ING SONG
You mean the songs that play during the beginning, I am going to redownload songs to my FF library!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
ArtOfProtoss said:
I only really liked the boss music in DMC2. I think the highlight of that game was the first battle with the orangatang. Very pimp.
Yeah, the Orangguerra. He's pretty cool...not my favorite boss, though. I like the music that plays often when you fight the Agonofinis. The opening scene on Dante's disc when you first come across the Agonofinis is aaawwesoommme...total pimpness. Those dudes are just cool.

Favorite boss, though...well...miniboss gotta be the goatlings, blood goats, and abyss goats. Uber cool. They just look so BADASS! When they unfreeze and fly up into the air, arms crossed...it's just cool. And the cutscene in mission 3, where the bloodfield pops up and it zooms down the street to the goatling casting firespells...just awesome. I love that game I really do. The soundtrack is just cool, as well as the graphics. My favorite real boss is the Nefasturris.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I used to play Dr. Mario just for the music, because I really liked it back then, next to some paperboy game I also had for the NES at the time. That's way back..
Sorry but I myself was not a fan of Paperboy, unless you wanted to cause structural daamge to houses :D

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Heh. Also, Star Fox, Brain Lord, and a few other games hold some nice music for you guys to listen to. SNES Wise, I love most game music. Hell, even Boogerman had some nice sounding music, even though the game was probably one of the most disgusting games back then. Doom for the SNES, as well as Zombies ate my neighbors was also a good source of cartoony music.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Star Fox (almost most games had good music). I just hated the system where you had to choose 7 levels to complete. Always starting off in Corneria and ending in Venom. But the outcome of Andross is determined by how you got to venom.

Thru Bolse: Star Wolf dies here unless slain on Fortuna, Father dead, no way to get Venom Medal (did once :p), Andross is a robot.

Thru Area 6 (my fav level): Star Wolf comes back (even if slain on Fortuna) with new ships and Hit +50 for each one you gun, easy medal if you keep allies alive, Father lives, Andross is a robot.

Although off topic, I like the music in the game either way.

Shadow1psc2k

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't listen to Video Game music often, and rarely buy/download an OST. I think I have FFIX's OST, and that's about it. I often turn down the TV and listen to my own music, unless the game has music that doesn't get repetitive after a half hour of play. Final Fantasy (series) are the only games that I don't turn down as of now, unless the game has hardcore necessary voice acting and I'm feeling too lazy to read.

♥The Shadow♥

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Cause FF9 had some pretty awesome music. Plus, I own the game sir :D

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Shadow1psc2k said:
I don't listen to Video Game music often, and rarely buy/download an OST. I think I have FFIX's OST, and that's about it. I often turn down the TV and listen to my own music, unless the game has music that doesn't get repetitive after a half hour of play. Final Fantasy (series) are the only games that I don't turn down as of now, unless the game has hardcore necessary voice acting and I'm feeling too lazy to read.

♥The Shadow♥
Lazy bastard. You can still agree with me that all SNES Final Fantasys had some awesome music to your ears. Right! :)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[glow=black]For the song i keep mentioning, its the song you hear when you fight jecht after he falls off the building in 'Zanarkand', when you fight his as the giant beast who pulls the sword from his chest after doing some damage to him. Its not by the Black Mages, i dont think, at least. I even went to BlueLaguna.net and looked for the songs from 10, and they are listed in chronological appearence in the game. I DLed like the like 5 or 6, and none of them was that song ive been after...

Az, Dm, help.. :(
[/glow]

Zerglite

Reaction score
you mean the heavy rock song in the BG?...