Video Game Cheating

How often do you use cheats, codes, and hints for video games?

• Total voters

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hardly even, except maybe after I beat it and I am going through another time to see what it's like.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Once I beat em. Though now a days, if I beat a game I hardly ever play it again.

Then theres the games that I get ROMwise that I don't really feel like playing through legit so I just cheat through them to get the storyline and such.

Does save/load stating count as cheating in games like Raiden or R-Type?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
should have made it multi options b/c im
both
Only after I have beaten the game without cheats.

Occasionaly, when I am stuck, but not for all games.

like fightign games, i dont usally feel liek unlocking them
most time when i beat the game
or if its and rpg, i dunno how to save up money and get mad when i do and soemthing 500 tiems better coems alogn for aroudn the same price or i could have gotten it for free
so i use money cheat

i mean i dont cheat really bad like isntant 99 i just do simple things like gold

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I actually cheated on XBL for Halo 2 for like a day and then I realized that it was pointless and made the game not fun.

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SlyFie said:
I actually cheated on XBL for Halo 2 for like a day and then I realized that it was pointless and made the game not fun.
Thats cause your a big big bigity bitch anyways...

Cheating is for newbie bitches or buying MMO game currency pff little newbies.....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I only cheat to get through a game im not interested in to get the story out of it. Also I will look at guids for games which require strategy, so I can sort of get a good feel for how I should approach the situation.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
I didn't see the "only after I've beaten the game" option, or I would've selected that. I used to use cheats when I'd get stuck, but now I generally prefer to figure everything out on my own before I use any cheats or hints. After beating the game, I'll go through it with a guide of some sort to see what I missed.

Th3 Sly 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
i rarely cheat, and when i do, i find no fun in doing so. finding cookies though, now thats fun!

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
T_ said:
Thats cause your a big big bigity bitch anyways...
I hate you, ya smelly asian. :p

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Occasionaly, when I am stuck, but not for all games.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
if im stuck i just dispose of the game and com back to it later. i dont use cheats until i die. even after completing the game i dont use alot of cheats. just the ones that are interesting like 'cars can fly' in gta sa

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Our relationship has been on the rocks. Games and I decided to end our relationship a while back when he caught me cheating.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Depends on the game; for all games except GTA:SA when im done, though I cheat ALL the time for the Grand Theft Auto series.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As Gimmi said, it depends if I want to or not. In Diablo II Nezmod, me and Dream often use duping to re-create collected souls and dolls. So that we each have them. Also I have cheated a few times via Gameshark, but I can beat the games without thier help.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
As Gimmi said, it depends if I want to or not. In Diablo II Nezmod, me and Dream often use duping to re-create collected souls and dolls. So that we each have them. Also I have cheated a few times via Gameshark, but I can beat the games without thier help.
I cheated in nezmod too :p i duped myself, i forget what... but i ended up with liek 15 mules full of one item...most likely whatever i could find that sold for the most gold.
Experience juice most likely :p

lollercoasterzster

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
If the game is still fun I play it, usually first time through no cheats. If the game sucks and I just want to finish the story I cheat like a whore. If the story sucks and the game is boring I stop playing it.