Vespene cannon rush on LT

attakk

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im confused on how to do the cannon rush on LT where the ppl in the top mid base cant get any gas.. i make the cannons off the side of the ledge but they wont hit the geyser unless something else is there to open up the vision, someone please help

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yea, that's about it what you need to do. Best way to do it early is either to ask a zerg ally to move the overlord, or try getting a probe into his base really early, before you make the cannons (by that time he'll have defense on the front, and you won't be able to pass the drone).

I'm not sure, I don't do those tactics much.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
when the game starts take a probe then go to the enemy base. and don't let your opponent see your probe.then do the cannon rush.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
ez, you make cannons round the edge and you stick a mc zergling up top!!!

no actually, you rush by sticking cannons on the edge and putting a probe way in the top right of the base area so they can't see it, but you can still hit the geyser.

~Screwed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by attakk
im confused on how to do the cannon rush on LT where the ppl in the top mid base cant get any gas.. i make the cannons off the side of the ledge but they wont hit the geyser unless something else is there to open up the vision, someone please help
If you're playing anyone decent, a cannon rush is a bad idea.

I remember obsing a PvZ with two good players, the Protoss cannon rushed. The Zerg held back the cannons from destroying his base but they were still keeping him contained. Eventually the Zerg broke through the cannons that were scattered throughout his base, he proceeded to overrun the enemy with Cracks and Hydralisks. The Protoss was unable to defend himself spending so much money on the cannon rush and the few units he had defending himself, which weren't nearly enough to combat the masses of Zerg forces.

What I'm trying to say is, cannon rushing don't work unless your opponent is a newbie. In the case above, the Zerg player wasn't paying attention and got caught in a sticky situation, but he won the game reguardless of being cannon rushed.

Cannons can be used offensively, but have a very low success rate against better players.