• Yeah, I loved it.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No, Didn't Like it.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I think its a bad move because the utilities were very handy, if i wanted a patch, or no-cd program, or w/e i would come here, now these SC disucssion forums are filling with boring topics not worth posting about (unless you have all the time in the world)

so vote...should we keep the Utilities section or was it a good move to get rid of it?

note: no i cant bring it back but if people want it enough who knows maybe an admin will bring it back

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea, I liked it.. there are a lot of sC related programs that require Q's and A's.. Im not too sure why they removed it in the first place. Hacks?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
TrongaMonga can give you a more comprehensive answer. But i'm pretty sure it was hacks. Haxx0ring r baaaad :rollie

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Resumed:

When I first came, one year and three months ago, there was no Utilities section on the SC forums. And I do remember getting a good answer to my strategy question in around 20 minutes. Everytime I asked it. It doesn't happen nowadays, because all of the good players left, when the hacks appeared. They said so.

I'd rather, as well, see legit good players answering the newbies questions than seeing them go trough the path of evil and cheating in the Utilities Section :)

This is just a trial, we are trying to see if the forums will heal with the removal of the hacks. If it does, then we don't have need for an hacking section, at all.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
I am nutral i just like testing them out

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Resumed:

When I first came, one year and three months ago, there was no Utilities section on the SC forums. And I do remember getting a good answer to my strategy question in around 20 minutes. Everytime I asked it. It doesn't happen nowadays, because all of the good players left, when the hacks appeared. They said so.
I wonder if we can get AKA-47 back. :)

This is a good thing. I liked the StarCraft section alot better before it had a 'utilites' area.

Majin_ZZ

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only place i ever posted was the utilities section, why did they get rid of it anyway ???

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I needed it for my web site :-/

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Originally posted by Majin_ZZ
The only place i ever posted was the utilities section, why did they get rid of it anyway ???
Posted by some Tronga guy
Resumed:

I'd rather, as well, see legit good players answering the newbies questions than seeing them go trough the path of evil and cheating in the Utilities Section

This is just a trial, we are trying to see if the forums will heal with the removal of the hacks. If it does, then we don't have need for an hacking section, at all.

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD move. Thats what I say. Though I doubt we can get AKA-47 back(I wasn't hear when he was around, but I have heard many stories about him)but I think removing the Utitlites MIGHT bring some people back. Even if none of the good players come back, new people who are extreme experts might come to the forum and we might get a whole bunch of really awesome players again.
Also, without the Utilites section, most people won't be liable to get hacks. They'll have to search for it themselves. Without these hacks, noobs will need to learn new startiges instead of depending on these hacks. We will develope new experts who will no longer like/use hacks.
Another good reason is that the Starcraft Hacking Forum was an excelent place for newbie map makers to get the dreaded SCUnprotect. I remeber on another Starcraft Forum website I went to, they had a Starcraft Hackin Forum. It was the absolute dumbiest idea to post a map on that forum, for every stupid Noob had SCUnprotect from that place. Not cool.
In conclusion, I believe that the taking away the Starcraft Utilites Section is will lead to better Starcraft players, and lessen down the hacks. It will also limit the number of SCUnprotecters that are floating around this place. I hereby fully support the Moderators 100%.
(PS. I'm so formal;))

S

SilvaX

Horrible move in my opinion. If anything, they should just prohibit hacks, SCUnprotects, and other such horrid programs from the sections. It was a "UTILITIES" section, not a hacking section. There are utilities other than hacks out there, if I'm not mistaken. Rather than deleting the entire forum, just restrict it to map making programs, bots, antihacks, and other such utilities.

:shoot hacks\

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
silvaX the utilities ection brought alot of noobs to forum who never posted and just dl'd hacks i think it was a good move,considering that u have 1 post how could u cal it a horrable move,u wernthere when the section was up...

S

SilvaX

actually i was there. i've been visiting these forums for quite a while, having only just recently registered. i've gotten plenty of problems solved by not posting, and i've never felt the need. like i said it was a horrid move, but it does have it upsides, such as getting rid of hacks. but just because noobs just dl'ed hacks and such doesnt mean you have to delete the entire forum, just dont let people dl hacks or anything. but deleting it may mean that in the future it can be improved.