Upgrades

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Exactly, that is why usually I don't make so many of them at start, just to be able to hold the line until I get to the tier 3 strategy.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Also, you would probably be killing off your hunts for bears and dryad food after you hit tier 3. Like I do with my grunts to make tauren and more casters.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Actualy when I reach tier 2 I go straight to tier 3, and I don't train any more hunt, I train casters, dryads and few archers to provide an early good range attack for bears. And I train some claw druid also, so that when the tree of eternity will be ready, to go master training.
I hate to kill my own units.

About the grunts, u maybe right, but lately, instead of killing them I don't go tauren but I go as many grunts as possible, but with full upgrades. I always considered that grunt with level 2 upgrades and berseker a knight.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I do that often myself with orc and human. Night elf is important in that case so you can get the bears fast.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just do weapons for sentries, and armor for animal units

Im talking about NE btw.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
No shit. But if you go bears and dryads and your micro is good. You probably won't need sentinel upgradaes at all. Unless you want to have archers and hunts to add a little extra punch to your attack.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
No shit. But if you go bears and dryads and your micro is good. You probably won't need sentinel upgradaes at all. Unless you want to have archers and hunts to add a little extra punch to your attack.
I just upgrade sentinels because most of my games end in tier 1 anyways?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Unlike that game with me you and Greg. Way to go fast-techer!

The funny thing is, I wonder when the games in your other races end at? Hmmmm :rolleyes.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Unlike that game with me you and Greg. Way to go fast-techer!

The funny thing is, I wonder when the games in your other races end at? Hmmmm :rolleyes.
So you like trying to attack or troll around here just because I "accused" you of being theorycrafter? Very mature for a staff member jacking around in his own forum.

And are you good at all races? You may think you're good, but you probably suck judging by your solo record, and yea, I suck with other races, so what? Ive been playing NE most of the time anyways, its nothing to be ashamed of.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its not that. Once again, you took my idea wrong and get the facts before you say things like that! AND STOP JUDGING ME BY MY SOLO RECORD. In this guy's opinion, record means nothing. You can have losses where you were so close to winning but something bad happened that jeopardized the battle, or it was difficult to the core.

I am also saying you seem to talk about Night Elf more than everything. It would be nice if you discussed another race or something. I am good with Human and Orc, you probably have a second hand as well.

And that game was when fast teching wasn't the smartest move. We got tri orced with like 3/4 of the army was grunts, and the rest were hh and pults. Which was talking about how you win most of your games in Tier 1 and that anything can happen.

To get back to the topic: In the night elf scenario, I often get armor to 1 to compensate for the Hunt's unarmored state. Then the beast upgrades get loaded. If it was ffa, I would kill off any hunts I have left and use them for extra bears or dryads or any other units I need.

Just like how I FFA using Orc with my grunts. You never know what that food could do for you.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Its not that. Once again, you took my idea wrong and get the facts before you say things like that! AND STOP JUDGING ME BY MY SOLO RECORD. In this guy's opinion, record means nothing. You can have losses where you were so close to winning but something bad happened that jeopardized the battle, or it was difficult to the core.

I am also saying you seem to talk about Night Elf more than everything. It would be nice if you discussed another race or something. I am good with Human and Orc, you probably have a second hand as well.

And that game was when fast teching wasn't the smartest move. We got tri orced with like 3/4 of the army was grunts, and the rest were hh and pults. Which was talking about how you win most of your games in Tier 1 and that anything can happen.

To get back to the topic: In the night elf scenario, I often get armor to 1 to compensate for the Hunt's unarmored state. Then the beast upgrades get loaded. If it was ffa, I would kill off any hunts I have left and use them for extra bears or dryads or any other units I need.

Just like how I FFA using Orc with my grunts. You never know what that food could do for you.
Your solo record sucks. So is your ffa.

and it would be nice if I talked about other races, and I do, if you look at previous threads.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
N_Ledgend said:
Your solo record sucks. So is your ffa.
FFA cuz I often get pounded, some dumbass tells All chat I am busted up and then sends all chims at me. Resulting in a loss, Almost 80% of the games I have come in first or second. Also, FFA I just get chimbombed and air struck.

Solo its because I often lead the battle to a point where I get overwhelemed, stuck in my base and then I get attacked. Also I was 8-4 before Ladder reset!

So really its not that I suck or I don't upgrade. Its that the situation goes to a point where I cannot handle it well. Or I come close to winning, but I get beaten. Also, I have only played about 20-30 games of SOLO+FFA total, which makes practice not too much. So yeah, I kinda suck, but its often not because I am noob. I just don't handle the situation to well. In 2on2 and +, its another story. For judging me on how well I can play solo or ffa is kinda stupid, considering nobody knows how that person lost except for replays (which I cannot save) or the player(s) involved.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
FFA cuz I often get pounded, some dumbass tells All chat I am busted up and then sends all chims at me. Resulting in a loss, Almost 80% of the games I have come in first or second. Also, FFA I just get chimbombed and air struck.

Solo its because I often lead the battle to a point where I get overwhelemed, stuck in my base and then I get attacked. Also I was 8-4 before Ladder reset!

So really its not that I suck or I don't upgrade. Its that the situation goes to a point where I cannot handle it well. Or I come close to winning, but I get beaten. Also, I have only played about 20-30 games of SOLO+FFA total, which makes practice not too much. So yeah, I kinda suck, but its often not because I am noob. I just don't handle the situation to well. In 2on2 and +, its another story. For judging me on how well I can play solo or ffa is kinda stupid, considering nobody knows how that person lost except for replays (which I cannot save) or the player(s) involved.
If you dont want to be judged that way, then win some more games, and stop judging me on that 3v3 AT.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
N_LeGenD) said:
If you dont want to be judged that way, then win some more games, and stop judging me on that 3v3 AT.
Fine, I will forget about that game. And even as I speak, I am trying to get better at my 1on1s by making sure that my situaations don't go out of hand.

Revelade said:
You'd both be banned if you were on Wcreplays. I discussed a human strategy which uses no casters and I got banned.
Man, that is kinda a silly thought. But it isn't as stupid as the time I got banned from FF:OSG for saying ER sucks.

Going orc upgrades is not that much of a problem. No matter what units I get, I always get armor first. Since that armor upgrade is universal (well since it affects all orc units except those who aren't upgradable like peons, casters and kodos.), not like the other upgrades where it only affects some units. But I believe its the most expensive of them all, so there is a catch to it. So really upgrading what first and what last all depends on situation. Like if you think you are still going to need archers later, then get them to 2/2 or 3/3 with the Marksmanship upgrade. Otherwise, you will be wasting resources!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Going orc upgrades is not that much of a problem. No matter what units I get, I always get armor first. Since that armor upgrade is universal (well since it affects all orc units except those who aren't upgradable like peons, casters and kodos.), not like the other upgrades where it only affects some units. But I believe its the most expensive of them all, so there is a catch to it. So really upgrading what first and what last all depends on situation. Like if you think you are still going to need archers later, then get them to 2/2 or 3/3 with the Marksmanship upgrade. Otherwise, you will be wasting resources!
Hellwolf, the orc units if are upgraded can be lethal, but it is not that easy, beside the fact that gold is hard to get even to survive for orc, how are u going to get so much lumber for the tier 3 upgrades, those peons are so stupid and slow, u need to get an army of them just to have some decent lumber.

I usually upgrade as much as I can the grunts, I consider a grunt with berseker and lvl 2 armor and damage almost a knight.
Recently I've quited on taurens, grunts are powerfull enough, with the resources for 2 tauren totems and pulverize and time...... I can get 10 grunts, and trust me 10 grunts are not easy to kill.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
TheoStormHawk said:
Hellwolf, the orc units if are upgraded can be lethal, but it is not that easy, beside the fact that gold is hard to get even to survive for orc, how are u going to get so much lumber for the tier 3 upgrades, those peons are so stupid and slow, u need to get an army of them just to have some decent lumber.
Are you kidding? Its a pain in the ass, especially if you cut a large amount of the forest by t3. Those stupid peons have to walk like 2 miles to get thier wood, and pillage only has an effect if you are attacking buildings. Unless you have a TC jacking endurance off while you heal or something, you are not going to get wood very fast. I need like 6+ to get the wood I need.

Only if you get good resources off your pillaging and cut loads of wood will it be easy, gold isn't necessarily a problem.

TheoStormHawk said:
Recently I've quited on taurens, grunts are powerfull enough, with the resources for 2 tauren totems and pulverize and time...... I can get 10 grunts, and trust me 10 grunts are not easy to kill.
Considering Grunts are the most powerful t1 melee. However, note that casters can have nasty effects on them and you need to take into consideration that your opponent might go Tauren or some other form of t3 melee. Or worse, those bastard chims!!!! Otherwise you are going to be losing GRUNTS! But even then, with lust/heal and maybe spirit link, grunts are gonna be one tough customer to kill.