Upgrade Armor or Strength?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I always used to think that armor was better. But recently I have been watching replays where many other players upgrade attack first. Which is better attack or armor?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Depends what units you primarily use. Units like ghouls need armor because they die oh so easily. Like Archers they take extra damage from normal attacks (Ghouls, Footmen, Grunts) so if you're going to use them at all armor upgrade would be smart..Unless with short range huntresses then weapon would be wise. Grunts, I usually go attack since Grunts can absorb plenty of damage.

All in all though i usually just start with attack and upgrade evenly for the units im using.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I go attack first, but then again I usually que them both at the same time so I have an even range for my soldiers.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
attack is much better, but i usualy upgrade both at the smae time, or one right after the other.,

a-day-to-bleed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree with thriller, in case or rifles or footies......rifles get the armor upgrade first........footies get the dmg upgrade. grunts are good meat with 1 armor already so upgrade damage sinse they will be doing pretty good damage with 1 upgrade(particularly rushing) archers=armor first........hunts= either one to me 2 armor on a hunt :| woowee.....ghoules and spiders=armor for me

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if your an orc player go upgrade attack.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I am usually UD (as you can tell from my avatar), thanks for all your help. I hope this helps me in getting the edge in battle. :D

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For Undead, it depends. I like using Attack for Ghouls, since Frenzy kicking in + additional damage = ouch. However, if you use Fiends, like Pan, I hit both with maybe 2 Graveyards. It doesn't hurt me so much, since I can bring out Aboms to help Fiends if I'm hit mid-game.

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OMG 2 Obvious!

OK:shoot
Try out my strategy!
Always upgrade Armor first Then attack ok!
Coz Armor Protects you from hard attacks! More Armor less damgage Inflicted!
I had a Tauren Chiftan level 10 with like full armor and this guys hired some guys from the Merchanery camp and it's the one that kills himself 100 damage!
It only did 35 damage to me Tauren CHitain! so GO Armor then attack!!!:fencing :lucifer

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LOL Pan
Same things apply wit Units like Knights man they have 10 armor all together man they dont get tat much damagaed Inflicted to them trust me go ARMOR!
I've always done it and i've always one!
Habe a look at my replays! I always Survived RUSHES!
Go to Replays and stuff and habe a look at
1.12 Replays! mine are heaps in there
Trust me on this guys!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but there are different armor types. hero armor takes less damage then say medium, or heavy. the numbers are but a small factor.

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh yeah!

Originally posted by Pan
Yeah, but there are different armor types. hero armor takes less damage then say medium, or heavy. the numbers are but a small factor.
Oh yeah good one Pan, i left that bit out! so yeah!
If it says Heavy armor its good!
But i'd stick with armor then attack! The more defense the better!
Then get attack! there are
-Heavy
-Medium
-Low
If you get heavy armor then its good start upgrading attack!

but if its medium you can pick between attack or armor!

But low! get Armor!
Incase you a get a Horde of Wyverns sticking poison shit threw you lol!

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by a-day-to-bleed
i agree with thriller, in case or rifles or footies......rifles get the armor upgrade first........footies get the dmg upgrade. grunts are good meat with 1 armor already so upgrade damage sinse they will be doing pretty good damage with 1 upgrade(particularly rushing) archers=armor first........hunts= either one to me 2 armor on a hunt :| woowee.....ghoules and spiders=armor for me
I would go exactly the opposite. What's the point of riflemen in an army? To do damage and bring down air, they are not going to be doing much tanking but damage. So I would upgrade the footmen armour and the riflemen attack because the mroe hits the footmen can take before they die = more attacks the riflemen can do, because they arent taking hits.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
--

Oh yeah good one Pan, i left that bit out! so yeah!
If it says Heavy armor its good!
But i'd stick with armor then attack! The more defense the better!
Then get attack! there are
-Heavy
-Medium
-Low
Isn't it..Heavy, Light, and Unarmored armour types..?

For Undead, it depends. I like using Attack for Ghouls, since Frenzy kicking in + additional damage = ouch
By about the time you do get frenzy you'll be craving armour, without it you'll get shredded by (Possibly) Tier 1 troops but defintiely to Tier2-3 troops. Aside that creeping early with ghouls without decoy units (Carrion beetles) you'll have to frequently heal since ghouls down pretty easily. Armour is always a first choice on ghouls in my opinion since when they do get frenzy..Their attack speed is blasted up t'where loss of extra dmg won't hurt too bad.

Zantetsuken

Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe its unarmored, light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, hero armor, plus that normal and fortified crap.

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Far out you guys,
Not have to be soo EXACT, you guys are so obssesed with the game that you even look at that kind of things! Oh GZ>
One work less still matters?
omg!

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
o_O When you click on the unit it has the picture of the armor type. Excuse us for looking at that. Besides knowing the armor types is how you learn to counter units bub. =P

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol styl3r you should know the armour types, they're set up to make AA beat air, and other things beat stuff =P That's the way the game works.