UNSTOPABLE TEAM STRATEGY

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
THis is the most recent super rush and tech strategy that I've seen. It was on a recent prestigious competition, I don't recall the name.
There were 2 orc guys (Orc111 and Orc 112) and they started both with Shadow Hunter and 1 grunt each, rushed directly with double HEX (not allowing the enemy heroes to use town portal result in ending up dead and the other micro advantages of this spell at double power) or with double serpent wards.They killed everything and everyone many other team combinations, except in one game a double night elf team (but they didn't use Shadow Hunter,they used Blade Master).
Most of all I must say that I liked the long run strategy as well because they used both the same type of units until a point when they combined the double orc armies: one going grunts +raiders and the other not so many grunts but kodo beasts and demolishers. There were a few games when they used the same units.These guys were unstopable not even slow or Beastmaster couldn't make the difference and they didn't use any casters.

To better understand what I'm talking about, there are atached a few replays of the up mentioned matches, I posted them here because they are strongly related to my topic and my topic is a strategy one (the replays are from www.wcreplays.com).

Ok now I want to ask you guys your opinions on how to counter this very effective rush and tech strategy, beside double night elf team what other team combination whould you recomend and what could be the shortcomings of using double orc army ?

I want to state also that these guys that got defeated are TOP Warcraft players, I expect very smart ideas from you all, this will be usefull for us if we could come up with a real counter solution for this insane strategy because I think that we can expect many simillar copies of this on the net or in tournaments.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
woot they beat fov, showtime...
but spirit.moon isn't on the list so... not something THAT important...
as for countering the double hex, have a wisp to detonate their heroes, mana burn em, have wolfs to harass their shadow hunters, put them to sleep and surround, keep coiling your friend, wind walk, war stomp, and another LOTS os spells can stop this harass... double wards with some grunts would be much harder to stop than hex.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
seems bit old, didnt we do that last time we ated luna? and kirby?

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
NtRik_ said:
seems bit old, didnt we do that last time we ated luna? and kirby?
we did mass serpant wards, and won
4 shadow hunters spamming wards against 4 guys are WAY MUCH MORE powerful then 2 SH's doing the same. It's because wards are immune to magic and aren't attacked @ free will, the enemies must attack them directly, so they will most of the times last until their timer is over, unlike another summons. Like i said, me and friends hardly lost with 4 SH's. He's abusive, 4 healing waves will heal an entire army in 1 second... and wards are a pain in the ass..... NOT TALINKG ABOUT the probability of some serious 4 big bad voodoos :p

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
woot they beat fov, showtime...
but spirit.moon isn't on the list so... not something THAT important...
as for countering the double hex, have a wisp to detonate their heroes, mana burn em, have wolfs to harass their shadow hunters, put them to sleep and surround, keep coiling your friend, wind walk, war stomp, and another LOTS os spells can stop this harass... double wards with some grunts would be much harder to stop than hex.

Ok I understand that Spirit moon is the best, but the people I mentioned are good enough for me. Obviously u didn't get my point.
There were in a few games double NE and still couldn't do nothing with detonate and Orc111&Orc112 used the HEX and Serpent as the perfect distraction to get time while they got tier, tech, large army and even expansion.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
TheoStormhawk said:
Ok I understand that Spirit moon is the best, but the people I mentioned are good enough for me. Obviously u didn't get my point.
There were in a few games double NE and still couldn't do nothing with detonate and Orc111&Orc112 used the HEX and Serpent as the perfect distraction to get time while they got tier, tech, large army and even expansion.
man, if they went hex and wards they just didn't have enough mana to spam both. and the lack of healing would make them even less powerful because grunts are 3 food and generally you will on ly heal them 3 times with salve IF you got one. without heal that rush would not last THAT long... unless they would have already won with it, what i think is not very probable against thos gosu guyz

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I love it when people post UNSTOPPABLE TEAM STRATEGY posts. Of course there is a way to counter it. As listed above. It Shadow hunters have weak defense. So if you have...I dunno..lets say a Dk and a DH then you can burn/coil his ass and to death. Just focus one and have your ghouls hit the others....if you have problems retreat back to base...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
THis is the most recent super rush and tech strategy that I've seen. It was on a recent prestigious competition, I don't recall the name.
There were 2 orc guys (Orc111 and Orc 112) and they started both with Shadow Hunter and 1 grunt each, rushed directly with double HEX (not allowing the enemy heroes to use town portal result in ending up dead and the other micro advantages of this spell at double power) or with double serpent wards.They killed everything and everyone many other team combinations, except in one game a double night elf team (but they didn't use Shadow Hunter,they used Blade Master).
Most of all I must say that I liked the long run strategy as well because they used both the same type of units until a point when they combined the double orc armies: one going grunts +raiders and the other not so many grunts but kodo beasts and demolishers. There were a few games when they used the same units.These guys were unstopable not even slow or Beastmaster couldn't make the difference and they didn't use any casters.

To better understand what I'm talking about, there are atached a few replays of the up mentioned matches, I posted them here because they are strongly related to my topic and my topic is a strategy one (the replays are from www.wcreplays.com).

Ok now I want to ask you guys your opinions on how to counter this very effective rush and tech strategy, beside double night elf team what other team combination whould you recomend and what could be the shortcomings of using double orc army ?

I want to state also that these guys that got defeated are TOP Warcraft players, I expect very smart ideas from you all, this will be usefull for us if we could come up with a real counter solution for this insane strategy because I think that we can expect many simillar copies of this on the net or in tournaments.
I watched them as well as some other , specially for Hu+ NE in AT. Im tired either my friend has almost no micro or just too bad. They go mass hunts + casters which is fine for good micro. But bears > hunts. And this game orc111 and orc 112 not bad but FS would have been of use. 2 SHs still good

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
man, if they went hex and wards they just didn't have enough mana to spam both. and the lack of healing would make them even less powerful because grunts are 3 food and generally you will on ly heal them 3 times with salve IF you got one. without heal that rush would not last THAT long... unless they would have already won with it, what i think is not very probable against thos gosu guyz

They were not using serpent and hex in the same game man they used it in different games , like I said these guys are not noobs.U could watch a game or 2 and then state an opinion.

lizardbreath said:
I love it when people post UNSTOPPABLE TEAM STRATEGY posts. Of course there is a way to counter it. As listed above. It Shadow hunters have weak defense. So if you have...I dunno..lets say a Dk and a DH then you can burn/coil his ass and to death. Just focus one and have your ghouls hit the others....if you have problems retreat back to base...

Not so weak defense they start with 4 armor u know.There was a DK and it didn't do much but he didn't use ghouls as u say, I think u are right with DH, double DH could do alot of damage maybe even kill one.

Mystic Sorcerer said:
I watched them as well as some other , specially for Hu+ NE in AT. Im tired either my friend has almost no micro or just too bad. They go mass hunts + casters which is fine for good micro. But bears > hunts. And this game orc111 and orc 112 not bad but FS would have been of use. 2 SHs still good

Yes u are right bears may be tier 3 and their grunts tier 1 but if u get them is all over for everything melee (except tauren) sustained by casters could turn into a pretty unbreakable force against orc. But is not easy to get bears the orcs "kept them close" if u know what I mean.

xX VoOdOo Xx

Reaction score
yeah those guys knew what they were doing i really liked how they handled the Shadow Hunter and how they set their opponents up really nice replays to