-necs and meat wagons
-frost tech
-ghoul to abom

the ones that worked were

-gargs
-fend statues
-ghoul to abom
-necs and wagons

as you cn see i have trouble frost wyrming.
i also want to, once i have my tier three, have enough gold to make a couple frosties right like that.

im looking for a good biuld order, and a fast one.
remeber i want a straight fast tech to frosties, and have good gold to buy em.

aight...:hop

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
if u want to get frosties fast you need good allies to protect u.
once u have that then heres a good build order

altar
zig
que 2 acolytes to the mine
graveyard
crypt
zig
que 2-3 ghouls to wood
2-4 fiends
tier 2
while tier 2 is going tech up the creature str and defence, and make a few more fiends
4-5 ghouls (additional)

sacraficial pit
zig
reaserch creature str and def lv 2
zig
make more fiends if urs all died
tier 3
zig
2-3 bone yards
make enough zigs to fill the total capcity of food
then spawn alot of frosties!!!! (with frost breath)
of coarse if ur partner(s) didnt do their job u will have failed early on

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
ty, i tried this, it worked nicely. i had like 10 frosties, only my allies sucked. the enemies came to my base and i almost had them, but cursed are those damn siege tanks. anyway, thx.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
If you got siege engine problems, then tell your stupid excuse of teammates to get siege weapons, get some meat wagons, or you might want to reconsider scrapping the air idea and doing some ground range with melee support. If you do decide to wyrm, throw in a few gf ghouls and maybe necs. If you unholy frenzy the wyrms, then you will unlock thier true power :).

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
I actually been using this new late alter, no graveyard, frostie tech....

Queue two acos
Make necropolis
Make Crypt
Make aco scout
Tech when 210 wood
Make ghouls when crypt comes otu
ALter when you got wood
Zig when you got wood
Tomb
Alter will finish shortly before tier 2 is done
Send aco scout to tavern
Hire Beastmaster as soon as alter is up
Get no more than 25/30 food of ghouls, and as soon as tier 2 is done hire Firelord from tavern
Harass with summons+rods+ghouls while teching to tier 3
Lay down sac pit and 2-3 zigs
Make 2 boneyards at tier 3 and pump frosties
Hit when you got enough army
Maybe get tinker 3rd....

Yes, that's right, build another necropolis, build a crypt, then tech to tier 2...no gyard, no zigs....believe it or not I got like 80% win with this so far out of about 10 games or so...it works well vs orc...and in mirror, well...I used to fear mirror, now I definatly wtfpwn my opponent so hard with this and he's just like wtf happened?! Of course vs. UD i'll make another crypt, maybe a slaughterhouse afterwards....

The strength of this strategy is the extremly wtf-fast tech to tier 2, and then hiring two tavern heros with summons and hitting really quick....lost a couple vs HU due to their gawd damn militia...other than that you can do what you want after you get your alter up and whatever. Biggest fear vs. anyone good is they'll take out your alter while it's building...but most of the people I play are kinda stupid and harass acos instead of go for the alter or zig building right next to them, in which case I immediately replace them with my second necropolis. Usually vs. blademaster or farseer I'll lose a couple acos before ghouls get him low enough life that he leaves, due to the lack of any kind of tower defense....however once your tech is down, your halls turns in to a nerub! yay...

I prefer once hitting tier 2, to immediately start on tier 3 if im going for frosties....and I'll usually do the straight frosty tech vs HUs and Orcs...otherwise vs UD i'll tech to tier 3 for ghoul frenzy & orb of corruption...usually the same vs. NE....not needing graveyard is thanks for this build, because graveyard would take away necessary gold needed for zigs, ghouls, and stuff from shop like TP or heal potion....it's a lot different playing UD without DK or even lich, which is partially why i like it :) Feel free to creep your heros too, i find i can level pretty freakin fast if I head out to creep after initial rush or whatever...

Also I really havn't tried it with other heros, I guess you could get alter hero(s) maybe but that would kind of negate the whole early game dual summon hero advantage...

I'll post some replays later tonight, I'm at work right now... :) (yes, getting paid $11/hr to reply to this thread...cool huh?)

EDIT: Wrong thread to the post above me :)

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
having no graveyard isnt wise becuz u need lv 3 str and armor for the frosties

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Nah, you definately don't *NEED* any upgrades...but they would help. However getting lvl 3 upgrades before even getting any "Creatures" would be silly. General rule is you don't get upgrades before you get a good amount of the units. However you can always do as you wish :) You might get a graveyard after you get your bone yards, or if you sell an ankh or item you got from red creeps...but the graveyard and especially the upgrades themselves just slow down your inevitable production of frosties. Also if you end up spending wood on upgrades, it will delay your tech considerably.

I don't get gyard in my build...but feel free to do so of course...

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
it only takes 20 secs to get gold for a graveyard, why not get one early?

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Well you can, and you should if you don't plan on straight frosty tech (which is what original poster asked for), otherwise if you want the fast tech, i find it best to skip gyard...that second hero comes before you know it and you need 425g for him...also since I usually choose the summon heros, i decide to spend cash on potions more often than not...or 350g for TP....i just like to go without gyard for frosty tech, just for personal style also, because it's weird being UD and not needing gyard :)

ALright...I added some replays of mine....The first one is the only one I straight tech to frosty...Note I'm still working on the strat...and please don't make fun of my micro :)

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
xgoonx said:
having no graveyard isnt wise becuz u need lv 3 str and armor for the frosties
You need it for fiends and to build casters, but you don't need the upgrades. Look at MS's games, all his men are usually 0/0, but he makes up for it in micro and skill. He still however, gets like Master training for casters and such.

I mostly use the armor upgrades first, since I don't really want my men to get killed so easily. Especially on hunts considering thier unarmored state (having 4 armor can do wonders :)).

Also, a frosty tech can be done assuming you are not on a rusher map nor you are going to be attacked in the timeframe of your tech. Especially in RT, you better help out your allies, even if you have like 5 ghouls and a hero when they get attacked.

G-Blunted said:
please don't make fun of my micro
There are games where we all have had bad micro, so don't worry bout it.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Ya most pro's don't really get upgrades unless maybe in mirror. And again, no graveyard is part of my fast tech to frosties (as shown in game 1).

The replays I posted above are replays of the general two necropolis fast tech. The only RT game I got is the first one. You might watch 'em, they're kinda interesting. ALso sorry for any bad manners in the replays, I just get stoked when winning with such a non-cookie strategy :)

EDIT: Here's a game I just played during lunch. No gyard tech to frosties vs. HU on EI. You can see how strained I am for gold pretty much throughout the whole game, so no gyard is thanks. However....without gyard no ghoul frenzy, so it's kinda do or die strat...I almost made gyard a couple times, but queued up frost wyrm instead. Also example of why rifles suck vs. ghouls :p

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Look here's another game vs. HU on Echo Isle.....straight frosty tech...no gyard....notice how damn tight I am on gold...I think biggest thing is micro with this strat, because you can't be losing too many ghouls or it'll slow you way down...even tho in this one and my last game my micro was next to non-existant :p

I'm having lots of fun with this strat tho...it's very...different...