Undead missing ability

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I really need some help in my UD strategy , here is the problem: what can UD do against spells like Drunken Haze and Howl of Terror or both and of course slow, faerie fire etc. ?
The problem is that UD has Devour Magic to late , a few days ago I played with a friend 2v2 random and we got to be both UD so my fiends and ghouls could't do nothing against up mentioned spells.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
I really need some help in my UD strategy , here is the problem: what can UD do against spells like Drunken Haze and Howl of Terror or both and of course slow, faerie fire etc. ?
The problem is that UD has Devour Magic to late , a few days ago I played with a friend 2v2 random and we got to be both UD so my fiends and ghouls could't do nothing against up mentioned spells.
solution, switch to Ne.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
Well the key is too prevent your enemies from getting to the higher tier levels to get those unite. UD is a notorious harassing race. Ghouls+DK = gosu harassment. Jack creeps from your enemy and make his life all about defending instead of offending. Ultimately you will win that way.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well devour magic is your ultimate solution for sure.. and well yo ucan try fast teching... =)

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yes but he said that devour is too late in the game so y dont u just get items that dispel or get a tavern hero

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
AZN_FLEA said:
yes but he said that devour is too late in the game so y dont u just get items that dispel or get a tavern hero
in TFT, negotiation wand doesnt exist..

yes, you get devour later on, which is why I suggested super duper fasttech like I always do in every solo games =/

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I think the races are very well balanced , it must be something , for instance I have figured that slow can be countered by Unholy Frenzy , and Faerie Fire doesn't do much practically brings your units to the same level of armor as the primary elf units (unarmored).

I'm iterested in some tehniques against the Panda and Pit Lord , could someone give some advice ?

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Panda + pitlord+ banshees curse is a old strategy.
the mass miss makes your army totally useless, and you're ****ed up. there are many counters.
Like lizardbreath said, Ud's rely on heavy harassment, or heavy creeping. If you see panda + pitlord combo, go harass. they are both big ass tanks but with such low armor, that they should die easily against a surround early on. ( their big crash size helps on that.)
the second point => going AT requires strategy, man. OK, you may be a good random player, but relying on luck is crap. like the dual UD you and your friend got: if you play random, you gotta think fast. Seeing dual Ud means rush, tech, rush, GG. Dual UD late game will not have the big powerhouses as a orc+ud combo, for exemple.
third point => DARK RANGER. having problems with casters early on? SILENCE THEM, just that. tech and get her, she's a great hero, with summons, life drain, SILENCE and a GREAT ultimate. AND CAN BE COILED ^^... see? easy ways....

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
Panda + pitlord+ banshees curse is a old strategy.
the mass miss makes your army totally useless, and you're ****ed up. there are many counters.
Like lizardbreath said, Ud's rely on heavy harassment, or heavy creeping. If you see panda + pitlord combo, go harass. they are both big ass tanks but with such low armor, that they should die easily against a surround early on. ( their big crash size helps on that.)
the second point => going AT requires strategy, man. OK, you may be a good random player, but relying on luck is crap. like the dual UD you and your friend got: if you play random, you gotta think fast. Seeing dual Ud means rush, tech, rush, GG. Dual UD late game will not have the big powerhouses as a orc+ud combo, for exemple.
third point => DARK RANGER. having problems with casters early on? SILENCE THEM, just that. tech and get her, she's a great hero, with summons, life drain, SILENCE and a GREAT ultimate. AND CAN BE COILED ^^... see? easy ways....

Ok,ok, I was paying random on battle.net not in some tournament , but thanks man you really made a point with DR , silence has a bigger area in 1.18 this is the way , about that other strategy with harass because they are big and slow doesn't cut it ,drunken haze and howl of terror are cheap in mana cost and have good cooldown.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Duel UD relies on quick gameplay, not recomended for those who arn't good. no, scratch that, you need to be great.

Duel Ud relies only on ghouls, use fiends and u are going to lose. Heros should always start with duel DK, then lich and CL. Then gargs against NE are added, never abombs always statues, and destroyers. Rush, hit hard and fast repeatedly, take and hold expansions etc.

If you don't do the above, do it before complaingin about destroyers coming late. Ud is handicapped in that department, so cheese out on hero nukes. trust me it works, the game evens out with shitty units but great hero nukes. ALWAYS NUKe, UD got nothign else

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Pan said:
Duel UD relies on quick gameplay, not recomended for those who arn't good. no, scratch that, you need to be great.

Duel Ud relies only on ghouls, use fiends and u are going to lose. Heros should always start with duel DK, then lich and CL. Then gargs against NE are added, never abombs always statues, and destroyers. Rush, hit hard and fast repeatedly, take and hold expansions etc.

If you don't do the above, do it before complaingin about destroyers coming late. Ud is handicapped in that department, so cheese out on hero nukes. trust me it works, the game evens out with shitty units but great hero nukes. ALWAYS NUKe, UD got nothign else

Hey what do you think man that the other races don't have units? I wasn't complaining about destroyers but the missing dispelling abilities of this race, I haven't seen a good ghoul rush from the 1.16 not even in tournaments. The UD true power is quick black citadel because of his wonderfull ability to gater lumber.

And another thing , I don't like to be considered stupid , I play only for pleasure my career comes first , I like this forum and I respect everyone in it but I don't think that the number of your posts give u the right to judge me ,I'll post some replays in the special area soon.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
theostormhawk,
there are MANY reps of unbelievable ghoul rushes on 1.17, some creeping then dual aura rush. UD tier 3 is powerful, but it's tier 1 is way more powerful, everyone knows that man. It's just that ghouls require items and micro, just that.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Destroyer > buffs. USe the orb against those hicks who put those buffs on you in the first place. Also keep your units healed to avoid many casaulties.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Destroyer > buffs. USe the orb against those hicks who put those buffs on you in the first place. Also keep your units healed to avoid many casaulties.

Your orb advice is interesting , I'll use it but still I have problems against those heroes at the beginning.
Thanks

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
destroyer=buffs. Destroyers can't deal with buffs for shit. you need at least 3-4 destroyers to deal with all buffs in an army, and 9 times out of ten they just re cast and your destroyers are stuck waiting for an eternity for the cooldown. by the time you can devour magic again, your army is wasted because of the BL/FF/HOT/DH

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well obviously you need more than 1. I once wiped out an army of casters and headhunters using nothing but aboms, destroyers fiends necs dreadlord and a death knight. I had 4 to 5 Destroyers and I feed off thier Wards and Bloodlust. Then use the Orb of Annihlation to deal 20 bonus damage with my Destroyer attack. Gained like 2 levels on my heroes when that was done.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Well obviously you need more than 1. I once wiped out an army of casters and headhunters using nothing but aboms, destroyers fiends necs dreadlord and a death knight. I had 4 to 5 Destroyers and I feed off thier Wards and Bloodlust. Then use the Orb of Annihlation to deal 20 bonus damage with my Destroyer attack. Gained like 2 levels on my heroes when that was done.
you beat casters and head hunters only with those units? it's no wonder, head hunters are complete shit, and 4-5 destroyers will obviosuly feast off the casters. but 1-2 destroyers won't. however it sounds like regardless, that battle still could have been won without destros.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well, that depends on some variables. Like if he had spirit walkers and tried to Disenchant my men. My dreadlord was slain in the early goings, however he lived up to Level 7. He tried to lay stun traps, but I ate those. Although Destroyers wouldn't have been necessary, eating the buffs can help turn the edge and have minimal casualties in my favor.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Destroyers are a good unit. However there are other good units, and better anticasters. Destroyers were great during the bugged stage, cause it gave Undead a tier 3 chance against other races. Those were good days.

I still remember Madfrog could only beat Grubby's Wyverns with bugged destroyers.