Ultimate Router Help FAQ

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Ya, you opened the DMZ up. That means your computer is completely unprotected from hackers and whatnot. It is best not to leave your network open like that.

You don't need to enable teh DMZ, I think the first 9 steps there were correct. The rest enabled the DMZ, which I don't recommend doing.
Appaeently i HAVE to open it up to host games.

antitheus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Ya, you opened the DMZ up. That means your computer is completely unprotected from hackers and whatnot. It is best not to leave your network open like that.
I've had my G4 opened up via DMZ for a couple years and never had an attack.. now my G5 is set up like that and I monitor the connections.. Nobody tries to get in. So I don't know if I completely believe that.

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If i have this Integrated Gigabit Ethernet as my network interface will a router work?

twiggy135

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THAT NEVER WORKED FOR ME so im in the help me thread

twiggy135

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

twiggy135

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

S

scrub

I've just moved to a new house, where they use a linksys to divide the dsl among the different rooms.

I figured out how to manually enter my IP address to match what the router automatically assigns me. I have internet connectivity but I cannot connect to battle net at all....nor can I connect to yahoo games server.

I have no access to the router as the login has been modified.
Everything worked fine before I moved....so i know its not any personal firewall settings causing the prob.

D

darkecko702

what if my ip adress is 192.168.2.1 will it still work on battle.net?

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Delete...
weird i push edit....

k3nsil

Reaction score
HEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You m

HEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****aHEy You motha ****a

Icey_Gregorio

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok I got a question. My dad dosn't want me doing this cause he thinks it'll allow people to hack into my computer. So would that happen if I allowed myself to host games?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Icey_Gregorio said:
Ok I got a question. My dad dosn't want me doing this cause he thinks it'll allow people to hack into my computer. So would that happen if I allowed myself to host games?
uhh err

probly not? honestly, getting hacked depends on how you use computer in my opinion, if you dont do stupid things over internet or games, chances are, you wont get any virus / hacks.

Icey_Gregorio

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
N_ said:
uhh err

probly not? honestly, getting hacked depends on how you use computer in my opinion, if you dont do stupid things over internet or games, chances are, you wont get any virus / hacks.

Tell my dad that :angry

Sheeppwnz

Reaction score
I have a linksy router and i got throught it all but i cant access the page where it says what it looks like... can someone give me a better link or tell me what to type in?

aZnUlTiMaTe

Reaction score
Note* I just read the entire thread, yes I am this bored but I do know about forwarding port now.

Here my problem: Starcraft related only
Q1: I have done the port forwarding and it works fine. I can host my own game in 1st computer, but the other doesn't. How do I set my 2nd computer to host a game?

Q2: Everytime I host a game in my 1st computer, I don't get lag at all, but everytime I join another people game, I lag horribly, how do I fix this?

Q3: Sometime when I join other people game, I can download the map only when there less than 3 people in the game. But, when there 4 people I can't download the map.

Q4 (Last Question): My router have SPI firewall, I can disable it but, in description it is only the protection of the router only. Should I disable this? I have test it in downloading map and playing the game, does this firewall causing me lag playing and downloading map when there more than 4 players? But, I don't have problem hosting the game.

Description of my router: Netgear WGR614 v3, Charter Cable Internet

cptmorgan

Reaction score
i got a westell 2200 dsl modem and i cant host. i turn off firewall and still canty host. any info would be nice.