Ultimate Router Help FAQ

dr-dragons-89

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
MY PROBLEM WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!?

and heres a little help thing that i dont get :\

plez help meh

Edit >>> forgot to put "
" lol

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score

Change the Outgoing Type to TCP. Try that and see if it works.

To all who asked for advice on specific routers: "These requests will not be answered because it is beyond the scope of this guide."

T

TeslaV

I've been working on my netgear router for about a week. readings up on tons of stuff. and i still have bad lag. My little brother likes to play on battlenet, but can't. let me tell you what i have and what i've tried.

I have a 108 mbps wireless router. (i'm hardwired to it at my comp). it is a net gear WGT624. The dsl is a 1.5mbps connection and bandwidth tests at around 1200 kbps, and pings most places in the US at under 100. I know how to get into the settings and have tried fowarding the battle net ports to my computer on the network. it didn't help at all. Netgear has some some built in features that are saposed to help i tried turning on UPnP (universal plug and play) also i tried to having EVERYTHING fowarded to my comp with Default DMZ (if i set did it right everthing from the net should have been sent to my computer) the other computer on the net has been shutdown most the time i've done these tests.

If i put the dsl strait into my computer, we have no proplems at all, but going through the router we can't play games. Download up to 160k a sec with 100k a sec upload. i can't seem to figure up what is up, or "down"

hottay_9812

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dr-dragons-89
MY PROBLEM WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!?!?!?!?

and heres a little help thing that i dont get :\

plez help meh

Edit >>> forgot to put "
" lol

errrmm i dunno but isnt it 6112-6119 and isnt there supposed to be a 4000-4000 on both sides?altho i aint sure cause errmm i have a linksys i hope tis helps.

dP

Member!
Reaction score
question question- when i do that (linksys) my connection ****s up and i cant connect to battle.net or internet

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DEAD_PeASENT2
answer my question!!! ^^^^
You did something wrong there DP, I have linksys and mine works perfectly now.

Try it again.

And if you cant connnect internet, how did you post this?

And if your internet gets disced like every 50 minutes, just disable the network bridge and re-enable it, or wait until it re-connects it self (thats what I do)

13eat-13ox

Member!
Reaction score
Website
battleforums.com
I have a D-Link router but is a DSL version (DSL 504) which is not even mentioned in your guide. It uses a diferent web based configuration. I was wondereing if any one has Websites or suggestions for my model of router?

Thanks, 13eat-13ox

13eat-13ox

Member!
Reaction score
Website
battleforums.com
Yo Aragorn, You say your good with D-Link. Just as i said above The picture of the d-link setup in your guide was totally different than the one i own due to the fact mine is a different model. infact i searched my model on the internet and i couldnt find it! Anyway it doesnt have "Port Forwarding" but it does have "Port Redirection" Is that what i should use to put the open port thing in? Should i have downloaded an upgrade or something for it to look like the configuration in your guide or is my router just an old model?

Any help would be great. Thanks, 13eat-13ox

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
No, I suggest you check the site.

BTW, I cannot support this guide anymore. I probably won't be checking back here very often, so hopefully some other people can help with it. ;)

Rhyotion

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, BTW thanks for your help with the routers! And does anyone know which port Never Winter Nights uses?

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I want to be a new computer for myself. Is there a way i can get a router so i can connect both computers to the internet without buying a whole new plan?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beer $lut
I want to be a new computer for myself. Is there a way i can get a router so i can connect both computers to the internet without buying a whole new plan?
Ya, you just connect the two computers to the router via ETHERNET 10/100 cables. Connect the connection into the router, and you have an insta network with automatic sharing internet.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
OMG, thanks! i can finnaly host games on SC!!

Sorry, I have no idea which port you have to open for Diablo II, so this wont help you ppl playin Diablo.

I have Linksys Router..

I did this:

1.) Go to http://192.168.1.1/filters.asp
2.) Put in Pw junk
3.) Go to Applicationsand Gaming
4.) In Application put whatever.. Brood War, Starcraft, Warcraft III........
5.) Type in 6112 in both Start and End.
6.) Choose TCP for protocol.
7.) Put in the Last three digits for your IP address for Ip address. If you dont know it, go to Start>Run>Command (Try "cmd" if that doesn't work)>ipconfig. Then the IP address pops up.
8.) Check "Enable"
9.) Click Save.
10.) Click Continue
11.) Now Click On "DMZ" Its right below the purple box called "Security"

12.) Now Im not sure what DMZ host IP means, but i put enable and then the lastthree digits of my IP address in that box. No idea if it does anything.
13.) Click Save settings.
14.) Click Continue.
15.) Enjoy Hosting Games

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ya, you opened the DMZ up. That means your computer is completely unprotected from hackers and whatnot. It is best not to leave your network open like that.

You don't need to enable teh DMZ, I think the first 9 steps there were correct. The rest enabled the DMZ, which I don't recommend doing.

D

DragonSlayerIV

Hello Aragorn, I am on a Netgear Router. Yesterday I was able to host games, but now, all of a sudden, I can't! What happened? I know no one messed with any connections or anything, as me and my friend were on it all day. So, in despiration, I came here. Nothing. No help what-so-ever. I did the Port Forwarding, I put in the IP for this computer... it still doesn't work. When I do IP config, It shows -192.168.0.2-. So I put that in. No progress.

I'm going to try and reboot the PC, but I seriously doubt that is the issue. Another thing... I have a Norton firewall, that I disabled, and exited out of. I willl check the built-in firewall that I know is disabled. Thanks.