Ultimate pvp Blizzard sorc Strat

t.A.T.u97

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
So, ya wanna make a bliz sorc? Blizzard sorc's are very powerful and can be the best pvp char, if you know how to make one properly, have good gear, and know how to duel with one. They could be as powerful as the amazons in 1.09. It takes lots of practice and with the help of a well dressed act one merc, you too can have the best blizzard sorc! (Note: This is for non ladder softcore, so no death fanthom)

Equiptment
--------------------
Armour:
For the best damage, I would use Blizzard ormus ( 20% to cold damage, -5% resists, 3 to blizzard) The price can range from a couple 290s to a couple high runes.

Weapon:
For the weapon, I would definatly use hoto. It has faster cast rate, resists and of course the 3 to skill. Many people who cant afford hoto use the oculus wand, which is fine but it will make you tele away from your enemy. Many people also use the doom runeword. Doom runeword is not recommended. It requires much strenght, no faster cast rate or resists. You will max cold mastery and that has enought - % of resists already.

Sheild:
You can choose through many different sheilds for a bliz sorc. My choice is Sanctuary sheild runeword (KoKoMal) in towersheild. Troll nest is fine but towersheild has about 30 less strength require. For my sorc, I used sanctuary in troll nest. It has 20 faster hit recovery, resists and defense against missle (Good vs bowazons)

Another choice of sheild is the classic Whitsans sheild. This sheild is a set sheild that requires less dex for max block. This would be very good with melee chars if you socket it with a shael. If you feel you need max blockage then use this sheild. If you can tele fast enough you are fine with anyother sheild.
Another sheild popular with bliz sorcs is a 3 socket sheild (or 4) with rainbow facets in it. This increases damage up to 15% or 20%, based on the jewels and sockets. However, many sheilds don't have good blockage on them, so if you feel you need block dont use this sheild.
Of course, you can choose anyother sheilds, but those 3 can be the best.

Helm:
The best helm for a bliz sorc is nightwings. It can have 20% to cold damage, 2 to all skills and dex along with other stats. It has 96 strenght require, but it is well worth it.

Boots:
For boots you have a variety. For my sorc, I used the classic dupes (europe realm), Bitter Spur. They have over 40% resists to fire, cold, and lightning. These boots also have 30% faster run/walk and 13 to dex.

Storm track boots are also good. They have 17 strength, 13 dex and lightning and cold resists (along with faster r/w etc.) These are helpful if your sorc needs strength.

Another good pair of boots for a bliz sorc is water walks. Water walks has 5x-6x to life, up to 15 dex and 20 faster run/walk. If your needing life and dex, use these.

Belt:
Arachnids is great for bliz. 20 faster cast rate, 5% enhanced mana and 1 to all skills.

Bug Siggards (Availible on Europe) Is definatly my choice. 25 To dex, 15 to str, 20 to all resists, 15 or 20 damage reduce, and 1 to all skills. This can save you stat points in strength and dex to put in vit.

Rings:
Stones of Jordan, of course! Mana and skill is best for bliz, which takes about 60 mana per cast.

Raven Frost is great because if your lacking dex for max block you can use it and still have mana like a soj, just without the skill. Also you cannot frozen, which doesnt really help because sorc's tele and being frozen doesnt slow down your faster cast rate.

Amulet:
Maras Amulet has to be the best. 5 to all stats 2 to all skills (can be helpful to Call to Arms) and 2x-30 resists.

Gloves:
Magefists gloves come in handy. The faster cast rate, the regenerate mana, and the 1 to fire skills for warmth is excellent.

Weapon Switch:
On weapon switch, use a CTA, in flail or in a weapon with low strength require. For a sheild, use lidless, for the 1 to skill to help Battle Orders. These increases life, mana, and skill a lot. Very helpful, I wouldn't say its definatly needed, but It would help you out a bunch.

Inventory

Cold skillers with life! It doesnt matter if its 2 to life or 40 to life, they still help!

Cold skillers with 12% FHR help you out alot, vs barbs, assa's, foh, ele druids, basically everything! I would use at least 2.

20 to life vita charms (9)

Anni Charm, good for stats, skill (Good for CTA) and resists. This is a must in a bliz sorc.

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us

Mercenary: Act 1 amazon.

For my act 1 merc, I used the following:

Windforce Hydra Bow (Knockback might be lame, but you'll be suprised how much It'll help you)

160/60 IAS armour

120/45 IAS Helm

Mercs aren't required and may die easily, but they help alot. They take off lots of defense (if they are a high lvl) and do good damage. They are very helpful vs elemental druids with cyclone armour.

Now that you have the best equipt, you need the best build! Blizzard sorcs aren't going to have all their syrengies until they are in their 90's, but getting to 92 is good enough. Here is my stats for my sorc (Level 90)

This is with items, of course. Without, here is her stats:

Strength:101

Dex:76

Vit:300

Energy:134

(Note: This is with Anni Charm and cold skillers with strength)

Skills to max:

Blizzard

Cold Mastery

Ice blast

Ice bolt

Glacial spike

I put one in telekenesis, Teleport, Warmth, and Frozen Orb. Frozen Orb is good vs other chars who use tele who you can't quite Aim with bliz. My orb does 628 dmg with one point in it. Here is a look at my skill Web.

Dueling Strategy.

To duel with bliz sorc is very challenging. You have to aim right at the person in order to kill them, unlike traps, Orb, etc. A good strategy is to use the corner of the screen. Tele around your enemy so he is diagonal from you, in the corner. This way, you can cast bliz the farthest.

As you can see, my mouse is on him in the very corner of the screen. I am at a safe distance and it can reach farther than it would if you were to cast bliz in the tip of the screen at the top.

Against a charge paladin or Barb, You should tele away and most likely they will some after you. Tele away and cast bliz infront of them and most likely they will come after you. Merc is handy here.

Against another sorc, you should cast bliz as close as you can to them and use frozen orb. 628 damage orb is enough to take down some sorcs. Merc can own sorcs easily so tele up to the sorc and let merc do the damage.

Against elemental druid, you should tele away from him and use merc. Cast bliz in his way and his cyclone armour wont be able to take any more damage and he dies :)

Against trapper, tele around them and cast bliz. Most trappers hide behind their traps and wont go away from them. So cast multiple bliz's and eventually she will run into them.

Against melee assa, cast bliz on yourself. The assa will use dragon tele kick and tele into your bliz. Then you tele away and hopefully he dies. Also use ice blast against them.

I hope my Strategy has helped you and remember, making a bliz sorc is very hard, but remaking and practicing makes perfect. Have fun!

Please tell me if you have any questions! Remember, it is your bliz sorc, not mine. Do whatever you feel you need to do. My sorc is not perfect, but she is damn well near

Heather

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nice strat, only two suggestions i can think of, one would mayb b an armegeddon fletch instead of maras (personal choice) and the other would possible b a botd bow on the merc, but other than those little things, looks pretty solid

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
damn you rich bastard ;)

Well heres what I think you should do for your stats

str = item requirement

dex = none (why? your going to be using teleport all the time, meaning you will dodge attacks)

vit = rest

energy = none

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
I put some into dex, for whitsans, but I wont have max block without 2 ravens. I don't rarely need block because I do tele around alot. However, I did put some into energy because I do at times use energy sheild. Also, tele + casting bliz + ocassionally using ice blast takes up alot of mana

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by t.a.t.u97
I put some into dex, for whitsans, but I wont have max block without 2 ravens. I don't rarely need block because I do tele around alot. However, I did put some into energy because I do at times use energy sheild. Also, tele + casting bliz + ocassionally using ice blast takes up alot of mana
tis called regeneration ;) and more skills = less mana for teleport

and why not use SS or Lidless? I mean that shield isnt bad, but I just think SS would be better choice (30% reduced dmg)

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
Yea, Storm sheild is terrible on a sorc. 133 str (If Hel'd)is redicoulous. I saved 2x stat points to use my sheild. Since I use bliz ormus, it lacks resists, just like lidless. As you can see, my resists rely in my sheild and boots. So with lidess, the 1 skill fcr etc is good but no resists, and 22 isn't enough if you socket it with UM.

Edit: You wont have so many skills to get ur mana from 1 to 60 in less than a second to kill a trapper who has traps laid around killing you.

t.A.T.u97

Reaction score
Website
www.tatu.us
hehe ty =D

I try to make the best char I possibly can and I did. Many people know me in europe (my sorc) she was godly in .09 and still is today :D