Ultimate Map Helping Topic

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
OK, since the stupid hacker deleted this topic, and because I've been requested, I'll put it back up here....

NOTE- Anything between the [ ]'s is my comment, and not part of the trigger.

HOW TO MAKE A DIALOG

OK, this is like in Wintermaul TD, or Cube D where you pick a difficulty (This is done by setting # of lives and handicaps....handicaps alter there hit points and other various subtle details)

Now before we start making our dialog, we need a couple Variables.

First create a variable named 'Name of Dialog (i.e. Difficulty). Than create X number of dialog buttons, for the exmaple we choose 3, and name them, we'll name ours Easy. Normal, and Hard.

Now with those set it's time to get out triggers going.

Events:
Time-Time Elapsed (Elapsed game time is 2.00 seconds)

Conditions:
None [ Well, you could set it so that it only works if Player 1 is playing...here's how ]
Player Comparison-(Player 1 (Slot Status)) Equal To Is Playing)

Actions:
Dialog-Create Dialog Button (Create a Dialog Button for [ Your dialog, ours will be Difficulty_Picker ] Difficulty_Picker called Easy [ Or whatever else you'd like ]
Set Variable- Set Easy [ Or whatever your Dialog Button Variable is called ] to (Last created Dialog Button)

^ Repeat the above process, renaming each of the Dialog Buttons, and setting all of your variables, than when all thats done...

Dialog-Show/Hide (Show Difficulty_Picker)

So you see, it's rather quite simple, and when you want something to happen after a certain dialog is clicked.....we'll use a simple Set LIves kind of action for a TD...

Events:
Dialog-Dialog Button Is Clicked (A dialog button is clicked for Difficulty_Chooser)

Conditions:
Dialog BUtton Comparison- (Clicked Dialog Button) Equal To Easy

Actions:
Set Variable- (Set Lives = 40)

Rather simple....

HOW TO CONFIGURE A LEADERBOARD

Events:
Time-Time Elapsed (Elapsed Game Time is 2.00 Seconds)

Conditions:
None
[ Unless you'd like something else, lemme know and I'll tell you how to do it ]

Actions:
Leaderboard-Create (Create a Leaderboard for (All Players) named Kills [ Or any other name you choose ]

Now, a simple way of adding players
Leaderboard-Add Player (Add Player [1-12] to (Last Created Leaderboard) with label (Player-Player Name (Name of ((Player [1-12, it has to match your first choice])) and value of 0 [ or whatever you would like them to start out with ]

Now a bit more difficult way, but it helps clear those empty spaces...
If/Then/Else (If (Player [1-12] Slot Status Equal To (Is Playing) Then ( [ Add the player here using the trigger above ^ ] ) else (Do Nothing)

And then once all thats done put this
Leaderboard-Show/Hide (Show (Last created Leaderboard))

Anything else you need lemme know, my mind is sort of blanking....

-Frank :cool:

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok big help (posted in 2 threads but stil didnt get help)
1: units wont all move from spawn point.
2:some stay at the second region 2
3:how to get command.14 lives left.13 lives left
the rest i all get but why they wont move... i dont have a clue!
if u wanna have the map to check just say it

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well m3, that's ratgher easy to move them.

A simple but quick trigger would be this

Events:
Unit Enters Region- A Unit Enters Region [ The name of your region ]

Conditions:
If it's for a TD or something, than you could put...
Player Comparison- (Owner of ((Entering Unit)) Equal To (Player [ 1-12, whoever your enemies are ])

Actions:
Unit group-Pick every unit in and Do Action- (Pick every Unit in Region [ The spawning region ] and do (Unit-Issue Order targetting a point (Order (Picked Unit) Move To (Center Of (Region [ Wherever you want it to go ]))

For TD's, you have to do that for each time they turn. i.e.
Spawn --> Turn 1
Turn 1--> Turn 2
Turn 2--> Turn 3
Turn 3--> End

So in other words, if you're making a TD there's a lot of Copy+Paste you have to do, but once you get the hang of it you should be fine.

OK, now onto Command. I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll put a text message that says it...now first you're going to need to create a variabl whose type is an integer and its name is something to do with the lives, we'll call ours 'lives'.

Events:
Unit Enters Region- (A Unite Enters Region [ Your Region where the end is ])

Conditions:
Player Comparison- (Owner of ((Entering Unit)) Equal to Player [ 1-12, whoever your enemies are ])
Integer Comparison- (Lives Is Not Equal To 0)

Actions:
Set Variable- (Set lives = lives-1)
Game-Text Message (Explicitly Timed) (Display to (All PLayers) for 15.00 seconds (Contecate Strings-(Conversion-Convert INteger to String-(String(Lives))) + ' lives left'))

Thats pretty much it, simple basic, and non-complicated. IF you need any fruther help, post here, or Contact me (I don't check my e-mail much).

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tx for the advice icedevil, but i still didnt get out of it so i let my friend thetaxcollect help :)
good to have good mapmaker friends dont u think ? :p
tx for typing it all anyway!

guitarmonky55

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok this should be an easy one. i have a map with 11 players and then the 12th player is dedicated to units for the npc's. when u create the game, it is possible for people to join the 12th players spot. ideally i would like to have the name in that spot be the name of the opposing force, but even just to have it as a computer, how do i get it set like that?

also, how do i set a specific race next to each player in the chat screen so that it cant be changed?

DemonMaRine

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
to make it so that you cant go to that spot... go to player properties in one of the pulldown menus, then go to the pulldowns that say human, computer, rescuable, and neutral... and put it to computer
and for the other question... go to the same place and changed it to what you wantr in the pull down bars for the race

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
go to the forces part and make 2 forces and V a multiple choice button or whatever to call it ;). just wait on it and u will get a load of info ;) click it on so all spots and races are stuck.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
No, what you have to do is go to the screen marine mentioned and then check the box labeled 'Fix Player Settings'

CyberneticSheep

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i dont remember the exaxct wording of the trigger but its in the unit category and its order unit to stop. thats it, and the units will stand there taking damage.
(im assuming ure talking about a tower defense)

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
It is under Unit group-Pick Every Unit In

What you do is (Pick every unit in [ Your Region] and (Unit-Order-Stop))

Somethign like that, I may have gotten some names wrong, but you get the gist of it.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
it's not a tower defense, im making a map though, were there's a line you must NOT cross, ifyou do, you freeze unitl someone comes along and stabs you in the head.

CyberneticSheep

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if the unit is player controlled, i think its impossible. The first thing that comes to mind is cinimatic - disable user controle but i dont think it will work.