Ugly Hydra Rendering

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wait, weren't the Ultralisks blades 1) mandables and 2) alot sharper looking?

AP

Custom User Title
Reaction score
thats the cinematic, its hella better than its graphics. Werent the ultralisk claws on its back/head? ITs like arms now lol

Reaction score
Asylum Patient said:
thats the cinematic, its hella better than its graphics. Werent the ultralisk claws on its back/head? ITs like arms now lol
no... the claws where on its arms did you really play SC lol

Zerglite

Reaction score
why does it seem to look like clay

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
I always thought the claws were part of it's jaw as well, :\

If it was mistaken for a Hydralisk, then it must be quite a ways from the finished product, :p.

Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
I always thought the claws were part of it's jaw as well, :\

If it was mistaken for a Hydralisk, then it must be quite a ways from the finished product, :p.
look at the screenshot it looks nothing like a hydralisk... but its not his fault IMO some people think hydralisks have 4 legs for some reason (I remember post wondering in BlizzForums and someone thought this 4 legged monster was a hydralisk for SC2) and if you look close enough or play long enough you can tell the blades cross eachother then come back down as if it where a hand not a jaw but still common mistake lol.

Biske

Reaction score
Mandables can do that. Lets break out da starcraft guide....

The Ultralisk is descended from the Brontolith, a peaceful creature it no longer resembles. The blades on its back are nearly indestructible and are rumored to possess a monomolecular edge. According to StarCraft: Alternity, an ultralisk is about 20 meters (65.6 feet) in length.

So, blades on it's back....arms aren't really on your back, per say...maybe they are just extra apendages, kinda like a Zergling has.

Reaction score
Biske said:
Mandables can do that. Lets break out da starcraft guide....

The Ultralisk is descended from the Brontolith, a peaceful creature it no longer resembles. The blades on its back are nearly indestructible and are rumored to possess a monomolecular edge. According to StarCraft: Alternity, an ultralisk is about 20 meters (65.6 feet) in length.

So, blades on it's back....arms aren't really on your back, per say...maybe they are just extra apendages, kinda like a Zergling has.
so... whats your point i saw a zergling in the guide it had 4 legs and little arms sticking out of its back but if you look at the screenshot you can clearly see it has 4 legs and claws on its back... the starcraft guide isnt exactly accurate to SC Ghost so you cant compare it to that... hell it isnt even accurate to SC1...

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
looks more like a deforemd centar

Biske

Reaction score
Waaa? How would it not be accurate to SC:Ghost, it's the same damn universe. And, like most things, one or the other changes, but in a realistic sence, the guide was accurate enough. The pictures in it were conceptual anyways.

Reaction score
Biske said:
Waaa? How would it not be accurate to SC:Ghost, it's the same damn universe. And, like most things, one or the other changes, but in a realistic sence, the guide was accurate enough. The pictures in it were conceptual anyways.
go play SC as zerg then get an ultralisk and look at the portrait notice how thw claws move in front of its face... so it really cant be on its back

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
maby they made the arms to big

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I, for one, think its an awesome render and couldn't have made it any better. SC is really an old game and yes, look at the graphics. I see a lot of little blocks. lol
Looks at the shading and textures, they are very well done. It matches the entire animal without a lot of mistakes. IMO

Reaction score
Ya Pause Break i like it too... and you really cant compare the guide to SC Ghost (It's not even accurate to SC1) as i said... Sc Ghost is based 4 years from BW the Zerg could have evolved in ways we dont know... plus terrazine probalbly affects Zerg...

They couldn't have made the picture better... and the claws on back thing dosen't make any sense to me if you play the game and look at the portrait of an Ultralisk the claws clearly crosses his face...

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
this thread was kinda worthless after we figured out that it was an ULTRALISK and not a hydra *coughbigfathomocough* why argue about where the claws are?

and for all you know, the zerg units evolved because this is some time after the brood wars...