UD FFA Players...Heres a Question To You...

Diesel628

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm trying to play a little bit of ffa because i think its pretty fun...but how do u approach an FFA...Individual 1v1s??? or Do u Get a Little More Defence or what...If you have a good strat i would appreciate it...thank you

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ok, you want defence. In FFA, You want alot of defence, and expansions. you want to gain the upper hand on your opponents. try not to make enemys, to warly, because it is not fun to be attacked by 3 different people at the same time. one big battle.

Tech and creep fast. most importantly, Attack only one person at a time, and if it can be helped, always have enough gold to rebuild. speed and micro will save ur ass

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes. You must have defense and you don't want to intimidate anyone. You have to expand and creep faster than usually. Don't make to many confrontations early on, and if you are undead you definitely want to get some banshees with AMS. Without AMS you will get ripped up by chims in this gametype. And, watch out for the lone player. The lone player is a player that isn't attacked often and usually ends up building siege tanks or lots of teir 3 without problems. You always have to be aware of this person and be prepared to stop him.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah its great when you r that person cause then you get to build an insane amout of siege tanks and just blow aapart their base when they r out or when they r attacking your alies.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Originally posted by Pan
ok, you want defence. In FFA, You want alot of defence, and expansions. you want to gain the upper hand on your opponents. try not to make enemys, to warly, because it is not fun to be attacked by 3 different people at the same time. one big battle.

Tech and creep fast. most importantly, Attack only one person at a time, and if it can be helped, always have enough gold to rebuild. speed and micro will save ur ass

isnt that the general idea for all of the races?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I suppose it might be a general idea for most races. But for most gametypes you don't have to depend on defense as much. In FFA you could be attacked at anytime and your defenses need to be able to take it. Micro is really important in FFA because you need to keep as many units alive as possible. So yes, FFA is similar to the Solo gametype but it is still a lot different since there are 3-5 other people on the map with you.