Uber Barb Build

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
Tyler33 made a post about his uber smiter. I am his friend and plan on doing uber runs with him. I am really not sure what to make. I wanted to make a build that would work well with him, so I was looking at some type of Barb with a survivability factor. This thread gave me a good start with the idea of a Concentrate Barb. Anyone have a good idea to either work well with Tyler33's Smiterdin or a good Barb that would work well in the uber trio battle? Thanks

Reaction score
your best bet is to click the seach bar n goto "uber barb can it be done?" i think it was called that. i also think xSworn_enernyx or however his name is spelt.
I f it him which i think it is he has done a solo uber barb n his equipment is on there.

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
That thread I already linked in my first post. I was just hoping someone could add to that.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Not sure... i mean, if you got a Smiter in the Game, you wont really need to worry about LT, and dmg that much.. Something with High res, Max Dmg Reduce, and good def would be good tank i think.. A barb will have easyer acess to good res than a pala, becouse of the Natrual resistance.. But you can also make another smiter, and then 1 use Fanat for Dmg + speed, and other pala use Salv for res Bonus..

~Shadow

Reaction score
o soz didnt click on that but apertly that builed was succesfull at soloing ubers so just use that IMO

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
May I ask why it is so hard to make? Where does it fall short where a smiter wouldn't?

D6E6A6D

Member!
Reaction score
lets see an uber barb to compliment a uber smiter. I would go frenzy.
Doomx2, dracs gloves, highlords, gore riders, ravenfrostx2, or ravenfrost/ravenspiral, verdugos, crown of ages, armor of your choice, i would use chains of honor(yes it has low defense, but this isnt a conc barb now is it) socket. you and the pally will both depend on lifetap, and with a frenzy barb is procs alot. max frenzy, doubleswing, BO, axe mastery. few points into natural res, and a point into leap attack. socket CoA as needed.
if you use enigma, so u can stat less str you will have low res, with u could make up in charms or socketing 2 um's in coa. you can work out the details but with a lvl 24 holy freeze, and lifetap procing all the time you should have no problems.
if you wanna have some real fun, get two -60% cold res dooms, nightwing veil with a 5/5 facet, and fill your inventory with chilling sc's of winter

Reaction score
but with the exile n dracs n the smite hitting all the time without missing u ahve alot betetr chance of casting the lifetap, if the barb cant cast it he would die.

D6E6A6D

Member!
Reaction score
frenzy barb hits so much and fast you will not have a problem with it not casting, at least this is from my own experiences in single player.

dalk

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow barbs seem like fun i think im gonna make one

D6E6A6D

Member!
Reaction score
1. Lifetap will not proc from ww
2. Is that really an issue, if you are running with a smiter? Unless you are planning to solo with the barb ww would do fine as well since the pally will proc lifetap.

Stymee

Reaction score
hes is what i made for a uber barb it can do all the uber bosses solo to get the organs, however i havent tried uber trist solo. i have killed uber diablo and baal solo in uber trist with him, but needed help with meph

lvl 94 ww/frenzy barb

my gear:
p ap fort
up'ed arreants w/14res 15ias jewel only 3ll
up'ed gores 186%
ebotdz 386%
beast 268%
dracs 9/14
raven 250/19
rare ring 20 str all resist some other mods
dungos 37/14
switch wps are 2x 3 bo sticks
charms - 15 all resist 3xwc, 2x combat, sc with max/ar/life
torch 20/18 and anni if u can get one i dont have one

str - mine is 386 with gear
dex - 238 with gear
vit - i get 2600 life with bo
engr - none

use frenzy to set off life tap then just swing away, make sure u got some juvies and ensure u got a much posion resist as u can get. ww isnt that effective in uber trist

hope that helps

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
No offence Kooldac, but I think going with a Conviction Zealer would be the best option for you with a smiter in the group.
Reason being, you would have both conviction aura (-def - resist to enemies) and Fanaticism (+ar + damage) from your friends smiter. These together would create a great team and very hard to beat.

If done right you could be casting lifetap once per group of zeal strikes keeping both of you in tip top life. As a bonus Pallies are IMO the best all rounded class when it comes to damage, defense, life, ect.
It is a rather easy build and well balanced.

Skills:
Sacrifice - 20
Zeal - 20
Holy Shield - 20
Conviction - 20
1 into preregs
any eft over skills into Defiance

Gear:
Helm - shako (umed)
Armor - CoH
Gloves - Dracs
Boots - Gores
Belt - Verdungo
Rings - Both Bul Kathos
Amulet - Highlords (unless you need resists then Maras)
Shield - SS/Hoz (Umed)
Weapon - Botd Zerker/Grief Phaseblade
Shield2 - Spirit Monarch
Weapon2 - CtA

Stats:
Str - enough for gear (about 90)
Dex - 125 (at lvl 99 for max block)
Life - all the rest
Energy - Nada, zip, zero, none

Charms:
Anni, +1 Combat skillers, Torch, Life/resist SC

MERC: (For pvm runs not really Ubers)
Act 2 Combat Nightmare (Holy Freeze Aura)
Gaze (etheral Poison Die Facet)
Fortitude
Botd Crypitic Axe (etheral)

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Kooldac said:
May I ask why it is so hard to make? Where does it fall short where a smiter wouldn't?

its not a matter of damage as much as staying alive; and with exile and dracs smiters dont miss and trigger life tap, so they are able to stay alive by constantly leeching, while barbs dont have the speed, the ITD, and the life tap smiters have

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responces. I got a lot of stuff going on lately but I will try this build soon and help out my buddy with this.

Kooldac

Member!
Reaction score
Alright, I finally got around to analyzing this build of a Zealadon and I had a few questions. Sworn_Enemy, your build looked great after doing some tests with it. I didn't like your shield choice, but that's alright. I'll see if I can get my hands on an Exile. Anyways, whether I choose Last Wish or Gried, it doesn't really matter. Both of them give an "ignores target defense". Why would lowering the target's defense with a Conv. Aura help? And with crushing blow, I really don't see a purpose for the enemy res down effect.

I just see Conviction serving no purpose here. Would Concentrate aura work better seeing as how I will already be getting Fanatism from Tyler33?

D6E6A6D

Member!
Reaction score
i dont know if it has been confirmed that ITD works on bosses. Even w/o conv aura your AR should be high enough to hit everything. you will still have your friends fanat aura. I dont know how well a merc would do in uber trist. I would use Holy freeze as a support pally. And I would stick with HoZ your friend is already casting lifetap like crazy with his exile, no need to have two. As for a weapon, BotD is always nice for a zealer has -25% target def i believe. Grief PB another nice option, Last wish in a PB would probably be the best. It will give you might, and a nice chance to cast Lifetap, as well as 60% crushing blow! If you insist on a merc I would use a normal deffensive or combat (defiance/healing) Put them to work with a Pride(i think thats the one that gives Conc) DR and Resist gear and your a pretty mean team.

Recapping on active auras.
Player one Fanatacism/Defiance smiter
Merc one Prayer/Concentration from 'Pride'
Player two Holy Freeze zealer
Merc two Defiance/ Lvl 13 static from 'Cresent Moon'

Hell if you can find a l33t pally shield with 4 socket ar/ed/res make a phoenix out of it and you will have redemtion, would need some very nice base mods to beat HoZ though.