U~Worst Ultimate

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
They also can be consumed for health or for mana.

Reaction score
I'd rather consume skellies. And it's not that bad of an ultimate compared to the channeling spells, the one spell that really owns is tranquility however, and that belongs to the overpowered kotg

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Animate Dead is the worst in my opinion, you only bring back 6 guys for 40 seconds, which may not be enough time to turn the tides in battle. Carrion Swarm and Inferno are good for slaying large hordes

Reaction score
first of all, 40 seconds is more then enough time to turn the tide of a battle. second, carrion swarm has nothing compared to sleep IMO. 3rd, infernoes are absolutely useless against air so if your enemies mass air then that's gg you.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Sometimes the animated dead are crappy units. A few times i have casted it to get tauren and knights back to life, some priests or magi casters end up getting revived with the mix. Animated dead HAVE no skills they had before they kicked the bucket (Ressurection is there for that). Infernal or sleep can save your butt SOMETIMES against channeled spells like Starfall and Death and Decay. But yeah, sleep is more mana effiecent. You can still use infernal to stun a large army but it depends on where and who you cast the spell on for the stun and immolation to be effective.

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
animate ddead is ecetremely useful if used when you have dead taurens just kill the taurens and then put them into your wagon if you have one after that unload and then you have a really good animate dead unit
the only trouble is getting the damn tauren dead and into the damn wagon

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eat_ma_shorts
animate ddead is ecetremely useful if used when you have dead taurens just kill the taurens and then put them into your wagon if you have one after that unload and then you have a really good animate dead unit
the only trouble is getting the damn tauren dead and into the damn wagon
If you kill 6 dead taurens of the enemy, what are the chances you havent already won? seriosuly 6 dead taurens means the game is over. The exp u would recieve will be higher than anything and using animate on them is jsut overkill.

Alot of high level players skip animate dead to get level 3 unholy aura.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well cause Unholy Aura is the only means of regenerating undead hit points without means of blight, unless you attacking an undead base. Those 6 tauren that get revived will not have pulverize, so all they can do is there damage attacks with the ups set to 0/0 and no pulverize.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lich+Invulerability pots+wand of teleportation=mass destruction to buildings. D'n'D rocks. Even better if you can catch an army within your opponent's base. Less room to move=more damage. It can be casted from a distance, unlike earthquake, and damages in a rather wide area, unlike tornado. Most battles can last a bit longer then 25 seconds (time needed for 100% HP loss), so a siege on the opponents base can severely weaken his economy/troop production. What happens to you during this time, even if you "lose" the battle? Your opponent might retaliate, but even so, if you can beat your enemy on your own terf (which, if you're (roughly) evenly skilled, you can) then you've got a massive advantage in production.

DK ultimate is.... Situational at best. In any late-game (tier three) battles, it can be a tide-turner. Only three good units from each side need to die, and you get six DPS guys. Or on a smaller map, like two rivers, it's good. Say you have a battle on Two rivers on your opponents island, and it ended in a draw, with both armys retreating. Your DK is made level six, and you want to go for a quick finish. You Animate the corpses, and you get six tier three (why wouldn't it be, if your DK is level six already) units, that will last for 40 seconds. What do you do with these? Send them to your opponents base, and kill his buildings. 40 seconds is more then enough to take down a fair few, especially if you get a few raiders or something. Dispell is a non-issue, as the aforementioned battle was a "tie." I'll admit, not as good as the others, highly situational, but still enough to not be counted as "useless."

Reaction score
Actually I think I tried the animate dead spell out and I dont think it is dispellable . I should try it again so I dont come off as a dumbass xD

After all it is an invincible unit, which means you can't do shit to it correct me if this doesn't make sense.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Originally posted by Xenoce
Lich+Invulerability pots+wand of teleportation=mass destruction to buildings. D'n'D rocks. Even better if you can catch an army within your opponent's base.

Most peoples bases are a little spread out and may not be crammed. Besides invulnerability pots are rare to find and last 10-15 seconds. After that, your open to spell channeling breakers like Storm Bolt, War Stomp, or Sleep (more but i made examples)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lich's ultiamte is good no doubt, unfortunately u

A)need to have enemy's stay in the tiny aoe for them to take any damage. battles take a long time, and the tiny aoe wont do anything until well into the battle and that is assuming they stay there.

B) coil, or some sort of items to protect your lich.

Lich is the weakest hero by far, he moves at 270 speed, and unlike the FS or the Naga, u cant run to a base activate thier ultimate then run out, cause the lich cant run. you need your whole army there. Not to mentio your army can get hurt by your ultiamte anyways.

As for infernal, the reason why they say its imbalanced is the unit its fight. you cast infernal on a group of archers, who the hell is going to win. you cast it to fight a group of abombs, gg infernal. not to mention air takes it down fast. and it isnt like the pheonix, whereas it will neve die jsut keeps getting reborn infernal is limited.

Animate dead is dispelable, however i am thinking u think its a one hit dispel. dispel deals damage to summons. so if u raise a tauren one devour magic isn't going to do much to that summon, but a purge will. if u have enough dispel, the ultimate is rendered useless.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
raise dead has to be the worst ultimate for UD

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZN_FLEA
raise dead has to be the worst ultimate for UD
we have already established that, but i think it is the worst in the game