U~Why Should I Play Undead?

septoiD2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3forums.net
Why Should I Play Undead?

I'll admit it, i LOVE the Undead, they're units, they way they look and play, and the whole evil scheme behind them. Problem: I dont PLAY undead, because they're not my normal races, Humans and Orcs, and although i would like to play Undead i don't, because then id have to get used to them... etc... when i could just keep playing with my green/white skinned buddies. I dont have much other incentive of playing the UD race instead of "Yeah they're evil. COOOOL"

Can you guys gimme some reasons why I/any other player, would want to play the UNDEAD? :grunt:

Reaction score
not only are they badass, which you already confirmed, they have great heroes, they heal fairly fast, and they are fairly strong late game. That's if you want to want.

but if you want some kind of backround on them, I suggest you replay single player or play some custom matches and learn their strengths and weakness

I personally didn't like UD when I first got the game, I was more of a HU fan, but since I played random I eventually took a liking after a couple of games and knew how to use em

darkrionis

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like them because you don't have to waste much food to get workers cause you really only need 5 acolytes per mine and you can just borrow one mining acolyte when you need to build. Also the ghouls are great for wood and are a quick defense when you get attcked unless you use them to creep. Also wryms kick ass they can stop buildings and do frost dmg.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I can think of many things i donmt like about them, but i like the fact that they are easily to expand, have the second best heal spell, and they are like the zerg in sc where u can pretty muchmassalot of the smaller units with support.

heros are badass, and the tavern heros are undead too so u can heal the DR and Pitlord with coil

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Because they summon units, have awsome heros and auras. All so you can use necro's which means everytime you kill an enemy they become one with your army!! If that isn't awsome, I don't know your defintion.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sword tip
Because they summon units, have awsome heros and auras. All so you can use necro's which means everytime you kill an enemy they become one with your army!! If that isn't awsome, I don't know your defintion.
necros are crap until master upgrade, and skellys are nothing more than exp tomes for the smart palyer. they work for unprepared impared players but are easily destroyed with dispel

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol tomany lords of the underworld chances are if you seen me post in the past about the dreadlord I was talking about the pitlord and visa versa....

um becuase they went from the least dominant to the most dominant race in the game? One thing Ive noticed that they are like one of best harvesters in the game yet most of thier key units have low cost. though those units may be weak in comparison to other races in mass they are effective. It also give them the ability to have a large upkeep while still holding on to alot of money.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
they have crappy harvesters. their gold harvester is incredibly weak and doesnt even go in the mine. instead it floats around it waiting to get nuked from every race. the wood harvester is their tier 1 meele, and costs 120 gold, though it is the best wood harvester, it still costs 2 food and 120 gold to harvest wood and u still need like 5 to get a good woodincome and that is expensive on food and gold. also they can build only on creep abnd heal only on creep, while other players can heal everywhere

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
dude you keep saying that.. research your upgrades thats what thier there for than you can heal just as good as anyone else and still better than orc.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NeverGoingBack
dude you keep saying that.. research your upgrades thats what thier there for than you can heal just as good as anyone else and still better than orc.
its thier for what?

research my upgrades? i forgot therewas an upgrade to heal off blight, must have missed that one. and Orc has second best tier 1 nonhero healing with healing salve, Ne has teh ebst with moonwells and humans have scroll of regenerate. wow undead heals slightly faster on blight and ghouls need to eat a corpse to heal but they have to heal after a battle and u have to have a graveyard. and u wont have the battlefield to heal cause ur enemys tier 1 is better than your tier 1.

Reaction score
nah fiends own just about everything, and fiends with dk with a skellie rod will own archers hands down.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
why play dumb pan.. you know what I meant what the big deal u have to return to your base to eat a coprse just like ne have to use up thier moonwells.

fiends can burrow, aboms can canniblize, gargs can stone form, necros dont need to heal cuase they reproduce off the dead, and statues + coil yeah w/e

wagons feed aboms and necros and ghouls as well, and the orginal purpose of the wagon was for canniblize, not necro abuse. banshees reduce hit rates and can posses making them have no need for healing as well.

oh noes that leaves wyrms..

septoiD2

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.war3forums.net
Bloodlusted Wyvs own Fiends harsh + Demolishers + grunts = GG fiend masser.

You cant heal statues with death coil, statues are mechanical, same with Wagons, and Pans got some good points, undead sux at healing early game, only strong healing spell they have is Deathcoil, and that IS if you go dk first, which most of the time i dont, depending on my enemy.

NeverGoingBack

Reaction score
you misunderstood I wasn't say that coil can heal them. I was stating that any ud units that doesnt have a healing ability or can be coiled, really doesnt need to heal, or aids in healing other units.

and if ur gonna mass fiends ur gonna add statues that turn into destroyers GG bloodlusted wyvs.

Reaction score
Wow Rofl, healing isnt a big issue for UD if you know what you're doing. Blight heals units fairly fast, prolly like 3hp/sec or somewhere there, you can easily bring some ghouls to take the dmg when you creep and if youre going to get something on the ghoul tech line then you mine as well spend that shitty ass 75gp for canabalize. Dont forget statues which you can get relativley fast which become one of the best thigns ever. If you manage to get bloodlusted wyvs then the UD player must suck ass because he cant scout.

It all comes down to basic knowledge of what to do in the game, frosties arent the main counter to air, gargoyles are, about 10-15 of those would own those wyvs.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
Wow Rofl, healing isnt a big issue for UD if you know what you're doing. Blight heals units fairly fast, prolly like 3hp/sec or somewhere there, you can easily bring some ghouls to take the dmg when you creep and if youre going to get something on the ghoul tech line then you mine as well spend that shitty ass 75gp for canabalize. Dont forget statues which you can get relativley fast which become one of the best thigns ever. If you manage to get bloodlusted wyvs then the UD player must suck ass because he cant scout.

It all comes down to basic knowledge of what to do in the game, frosties arent the main counter to air, gargoyles are, about 10-15 of those would own those wyvs.
blight heals 1.5 hp/sec. human and orc heal 1 hp/sec off blight
ne heals like 1.5 hp/sec during night.

yeah blight heal owns

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
blight heals 1.5 hp/sec. human and orc heal 1 hp/sec off blight
I believe it is 2 hp/sec unless they recently changed it.

Look in the map editor.

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you want to play the undead then play the UD there is no use playing a race that isnt even fun for u. you will have to get used to it but thats whats so fun discovering new strategies and seeing them actually work UD has the best expansions and the necros can own most of the games. aboms are good tanks once upgraded and most units are very useful try them if you want but you might not like the UD after playing with them they have alot of disadvantages and sometimes they are helpless when the enemy gets certain units