U~What is it That Makes the UD Great?

What is it?!

• The Kickass Units!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • The Heros are the best!

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • There are so many ways to own with em!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • The most versatile race out there yet!

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What is it That Makes the UD Great?

From Zero to most played on Bnet, the Undead have obviously gained the favor of many a player. But here is my question, what is it, wether it's the looks, the story, or the play, that has players hooked on the Undead? I'm not an UD player, but I still love a good UD replay, or a UD battle story. What is it about them?!

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just about everything about them really, but my vote has definitely gotta go to the heroes. For me, no three heroes in the game have the same destructive potential as the Death Knight, Dreadlord and Lich, and they're also really cool too. Sure, there are individual heroes that have them beat in the coolness department, like the Demon Hunter, but I just love the Undead heroes! Besides, it's fun being a bad guy!

And this pic dismissed any ideas I had about the Death Knight not being cool. :D

Biske

Reaction score
DAMN!!! That pic is tight!!!! The Blizzard way makes him look old...in a way...that one shows him like a true master of battle!

Biske

Reaction score
Lol, ya don't mind if I use that pic, do ya Rage??

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Everything you have. Ghouls and Gargs are remarkably cheap for a great army, while Ghouls and Necros are the cheaper version. The auras are great too. And if auras are good, I wouldn't use them if the heroes weren't good. But they are KICKASS!

cisco

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: What is it That Makes the UD Great?

Originally posted by Chibi
From Zero to most played on Bnet, the Undead have obviously gained the favor of many a player. But here is my question, what is it, wether it's the looks, the story, or the play, that has players hooked on the Undead? I'm not an UD player, but I still love a good UD replay, or a UD battle story. What is it about them?!

Whats good about them?... They kick the SHIT out of the rest.:shoot

LordBlack

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I love the evilness, the pure evilness of it all. No other side hauls carcasses around in a meat wagon just to feast on them and raise units out of them. The Blight is so cool. I love rotting out an Elf forest with it. Acolytes dont sound stupid like the Human Peasants and Orc Peons. The Heros sound so cool (although i wish the Death Knight sounded a bit better).
Oh, and did i mention the evil?

Hey rage, where did you get that pic? its now my wallpaper!:lucifer

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
undead players are usually good they gotta know how to micro well that is what undead is all about but heroes are definately the best part

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is still on topic. If they bump a thread and at least keep it on topic, it is still good. not like there are many new threads around to post in.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the corspe and how the ud reclyce them to use as extra units.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
as a hardcore human player, there is nothing harder than a good undead player. they are (yes i agree with the cool factor of being "evil") a constant thorn in my side. ghouls can destroy my foots with vamp aura. gargs take out my air, and destroyers (though not very many good people use them enuff) kick the snot out of my casters. the dead are the hardest team for me to counter unless they are noobish with their mass necros. see my thread on the human castle "are humans the strongest race?" for my UD counter.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'd have to say if I could put my finger on one thing it's the statues. Adding I'd say about 100 hp to all of your guys, and adding extra mana to all your casters / heroes helps out sooo much. And te fact that you can get two good auras... Unholy + Vampiric = pwnage.

EDIT: Oh, and to RageWinterChill, Yes I think their heroes are good, but I'd take the 3 or 4 Orc heroes over them any day.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The statues are very effective. I think they may be the best unit in the expansion (not counting heros). The heros are good also. I really like death coil, frost nova, and carrion swarm. It owns enemy heros.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
I don't think Vamp Aura makes too much of a difference if you have statues or with Ghouls. Ghouls don't do enough damage for the Vamp aura to really matter. It's like healing 2 HP everytime they hit which isn't too spectacular... I like UD's summoning. You only need 5 workers, you can summon and go back to mining, and the wood. In TFT they made wood so important, and with UD it's really easy to meet the quota. I love the Hall upgrade too, Freezing Attacks > heros ^_^