U~Undead problem?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
one wisp dies instantly to a level 2 coil, and a level 2 nova takes out groups of wisps running over to detonate.

BTW, On maps like Gnoll wood, and twisted meadow, because Undead has the crappiest dispel, buy troll priests and autocast abolish magic instead of heal. its a life saver, cause it renders entangle useless.

Reaction score
First off, I dont see a wisp as an economical problem, only 60g's for one, and for that 60g's you can take out maybe 3-5 skellies and possibly some mana, leaving your oppoenent no exp. and if the UD DOES manage to coil/nova your wisps then you still did a job of wasting their mana and thus diverting their nuking cababilities for a coouple of seconds.

i see your point with abolish magic, but a priest has about 400 mana? and abolish is like 70 mana. early game you have to constantly heal your units and 70 mana is a shit load of mana to be used- chances are your priest wont have enough mana by that time. also, priests can get its ass whooped by 2 hunts in about 4 seconds.

and dragons are still a problem, they make you micro more while killing off anything that uses mana. if you micro your necros to the point where they are away from the battle then the NE player has done its job of seperating your army which makes it an easier win for them.

i forgot to mention that nova can't take out a couple of wisps, maybe just one. and I never really seen an NE player yet group his wisps together, theyre usually spread out on the trees and he uses them 1 by 1 when he needs to. and if your lich has level 3 nova, then that would mean that the NE player didnt do a good job of harrassing you which ='s a gg to the NE because UD late game is tough for most races.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy

i forgot to mention that nova can't take out a couple of wisps, maybe just one. and I never really seen an NE player yet group his wisps together, theyre usually spread out on the trees and he uses them 1 by 1 when he needs to. and if your lich has level 3 nova, then that would mean that the NE player didnt do a good job of harrassing you which ='s a gg to the NE because UD late game is tough for most races.
level 2 coil can, 100 target damage and 150 nova damage. wisp has 120 hitpoints and when u have a ud palyer who has a ton of skellys, one wisp doesnt dispel a skelly mage, it takes two so i see often more than one wisp running over and nova == gg. also it isnt hard to get a solo lich to level 5 for level 3 nova. I have a strat guide to pwn with necros.

Reaction score
Its not as easy as it looks, let's go 1on1 and i'll show you. i'll play NE and you can play UD and youll see what i'm talking about when I own you with my abuse =]

saying something doesnt mean someone can do it, it makes logical sense now but pulling it off is the problem. someone can easily say to micro back your units and pull your necros back, but its not as easy because as you can see it gets very confusing and theres a lot to do like pull back each red unit 1 by 1, targeting units, casting spells, clicking the raise dead button, dispelling, using items, it all contributes to the problem making it much much harder to micro

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
see i tech straight to necros with no other units, so essenctialy i pull all my units back, cast and then move them foreward and any units in red i jsut coil. A solo hero gains levels incredibly fast. I can go from level 1 to elvel 7 in one battle with a NE and jsut necromancers. trust me, u need to be incredibly skilled to stop necro techs, that or scout and rush eitehr way is good

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
wow, and all other NE i have beaten with necros scout with wisp and such, u need to be more creative cause it doesn work

Reaction score
look at the replay of mine, I did something like it or if not- look along those lines on what I did. Scouted, creep jacked, harrassed it's unstoppable since NE has the most powerful tier1.5 and they have anti air available tier 1

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
look at the replay of mine, I did something like it or if not- look along those lines on what I did. Scouted, creep jacked, harrassed it's unstoppable since NE has the most powerful tier1.5 and they have anti air available tier 1
which replay?

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how r u gonna get the corpse pan? i mean you do need corpses to summon skelllys if you get wagons it wont matter as much but the wisps will still detonate. eventually the NE player has to expand to get more gold for more wisps but that takes alot of gold while he has to keep pumping out wisps but once hes got a exp he can get gold twice as fast and then that spells trouble which is bad