U~Tip for using Shades

AxeMurderer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tip for using Shades

I like to put a shade on patrol to all the gold mines near an enemy base so when he tries to expand I can nip it in the bud. The earlier you get that shade out the better. I usually win once I take care of that first expansion.

Basically you press the patrol button and hold shift and click on the enemy base and all nearby gold mines. Then it will automatically go from mine to mine for you. This might be common knowledge but i'm new here.. :wavey

Reaction score
you know back in ROC you could actually block with shades? shades and sentry wards. Pretty much it block units in and you couldnt get past them. people were like WTFOMFG U HAXX. It was pretty funny until they fixed it.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Good tip, I play UD as 2nd so i didnt know that. But this option refers to every unit or race, right?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
or follow the hero all day long.. :D

And patrol works for every unit as far as Im concerned, and it doesnt attack when you do it as shade because he cant attack.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Shades can be good for that I guess, but shades are much more useful following ur enemy around. so u know when to head back to base, if u can creepjack if they want to creepjack u etc.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shades are great.. they just helped me win a game. :) I stopped him from expanding and saw what he had in his base.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I usualy dont get them, cuase it requires a new building. i usualy only get them when i go for frost wyrms, and that isnt often cause they are so slow to get.