Not open for further replies.

jetlee

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
TheSimpleYetPowerfulUndeadForce

This one is a really good strat....
On any game be it 1vs1, 2vs2 or 3vs3 its all the same...
First do ur usual build order for ghouls.....
cyrpt
zig
Que 2 acoes
4 ghouls
research cannabalize
upgrade Necropolis
get 3 more ghouls to wood
Creep with Death Knight

After that get graveyard and upgrade the whole right side(carapase/attk)
then get 5 spiders , 3 necros, 2 statues, 3 heroes and at least 1 book of the dead! My rule here before every battle is to get at least 1 healing potion and mana to dk.

With this strat i beat 3 teams of mass rifleman, mass hunts and mass archers all by myself when my allies did nothing!

THis simple attack force will counter almost anything....air(web), hunts(pierce will own them from fiends), and again most anything...also the most important part of this attack force is ur heroes...i usually get dk, cryptlord and dreadlord....i literally "nuke" the enemy....carrion swarm, impale and sniper enemy hero with coil. The result from it is mass corpses from dead units, a almost dead hero and a stunned enemy force= major skeleton force, major ass kiking and hero dead, players pissed... yell at u for hacking and leave the game :wavey Bye Bye

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I would just take the fiends out. It makes it too messy. As long as you have the skeleton mage upgrade, you will own air. If you aren't sure, get gargs, they are better.

Another problem is there isn't enough harass for me. Harassing is the most important part of the UD that most people neglect to do. Since EVERY UD techs, they should always harass.

I can get 5 ghouls out before you can get 4. To speed the process of getting a hero up, get an altar after you get a crypt. BTW, don't continue building ghouls...they suck unless you are going against human and you have dual auras.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Who did you learn to make fiends from?Let me guess:pan_the_man

Yes that's good but Pan controls the units very well that's how he does it otherwise it wouldnt be such power

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Who did you learn to make fiends from?Let me guess:pan_the_man

Yes that's good but Pan controls the units very well that's how he does it otherwise it wouldnt be such power
Jetlee doesn't even know pan. ;)

Fiends are slow and boring. They die easily and are not a unit that you can get the whole game. I suggest switching to gargs for better AA. Necros are surprisingly good, they can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
fiends= slow and expensve

ghouls= cheap fast and weak

do the math, you need more ghouls to be as effective asfiends, but meele also owns range. hard to tell what to use soemthmes

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
Jetlee doesn't even know pan. ;)

Fiends are slow and boring. They die easily and are not a unit that you can get the whole game. I suggest switching to gargs for better AA. Necros are surprisingly good, they can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
I was talking about you Aragorn ;)

You mentioned fiends and i though you believe in their power.And let me tell you about the lovely gargs.Not only as human i can 'land' them all with tanks but hyppos also work,so are troll berserkers.I dont think this is the best :p

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I always juggle it around. I almost NEVER mass fiends anymore. There are several reasons:

-Footman Defend ability
-Cost
-Movement AI Issues
-Web/Reverse Taunt Issue
-In UD VS UD matchups, you shouldn't get fiends

Against random players, I usually just start out by teching to fiends. Then when I find out what team they are, then I adapt my strategy to what they are getting.

Mass Ghouls w/ Frenzy & Dual Auras VS Humans
Fiends + Statues + Aboms VS NE who go hunts first
Ghouls + Statues + Gargs VS NE who go archers first
Fiends + Statues VS Orc
Necros VS Undead

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but on the other hand Aragorn fiends work perfectly against huntress ,then against wyrms or other of the strong airs but not agains humans and orc

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Fiends work good against hunts yes. Against heavy air they are not good at all. A few frosties, and they are owned. Frosties > Fiends.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
But Pan was the one who convinced me in one replay that fiends can own wyrms with the net,so I just dont get it

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
It is because of the reverse taunt. Fiends suck en masse. People have learned to counter them. If I get straight fiends anymore, I will get owned. Gargs are better at countering air than fiends (in my opinion).

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
i tend to get 5 fiends, tech then get some ghouls to cover fire for a bit (i know u should never use ghouls for meat but what can u do in tier1) then get necros and statue asap. my ending strat is crack ghouls/aboms, wagons 2 is enuff, 6 necros and a couple of gargs to harras or aa.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
It is because of the reverse taunt. Fiends suck en masse. People have learned to counter them. If I get straight fiends anymore, I will get owned. Gargs are better at countering air than fiends (in my opinion).

Yep i agree and i dont know it's crazy to try to counter air with fiends

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yep, Gargs and Skeletal Mages are the only anti-air the UD got. Fiends are only good for taking down batriders out of the air.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, I'd have to go with Fiends when you have Necros because of the skeleton warriors. The mages do piercing damage despite being webbed or not, and now you have the warriors hitting them as well.

Yes, I admit, Gargs ARE the better AA, but I'd have to say there is more damage output with Fiends/Necros than Gargs/Necros.

Oh, and any UD army can be good if you have a strong nuke.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The one problem I have with fiends?

They are large, fat and unbelieveably stupid. Their AI is really bad and they can't move through skeles as quick as gargs can. I kind of say this through experience. (ATing with Pan)

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes but Web pulls the units to the Fiend casting it, which would most of the time put it right behind the skeletons. I never got Fiends for their damage, just to web air.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Which is enough.Even skeletal warriors can kill a wyrm if it is down.Isnt it enough to have a web?

jetlee

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
let me just say that ur hero -especially undead heroes- will win u the game. Period. The undead race i personally believe has the strongest tri-hero force in the whole game. A lvl10 Arch , lvl10 pal and lvl10mk could have no chance against A lvl10 DK, Lvl10 DL and a lvl10 CL...Let me tell u how it is done:
CL uses impale on all 3 heroes coming up
All is stunned...DL casts carrion swarm
DK snipes archmage- archmage dead...
DL casts sleep on Pal-Pal useless
MK tries to bolt DK and Thunderclap
CL impales him and Dk snipes Mk
MK runs- tries to hit Pal to wake him up...
DL Carrion Swarm...MK dead
Pal wakes up...uses holy light on DK
DK almost dead but runs...DK snipes from afar...
Pal uses Divine Shield....wears off while all 3 runs...
Pal holy light...but gets return by Coil...Swarm and impale...
GG:D

Now do u see? Also the reason i get fiends is because of their damage output and their related upgrades with frost wyms late...Their slow and massive size enables Players to micro much more effeceint and to be able to heal from coil of the DK...Also their ability web will bring air units to the ground where ur heroes can literally nuke the *&^% outta the sky from the ground....all is said....their web will help so much in games with unexpected air attacks...also u dont need to upgrade fully for this awesome ability!:rollie

Status
Not open for further replies.