U~obsidian statues

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
obsidian statues

i havent really used obsidian statues but i just got owned by like 6...... i looked @ the're spells.. they seem like moving moonwells to me......

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Re: obsidian statues

Originally posted by UltimateJim
i havent really used obsidian statues but i just got owned by like 6...... i looked @ the're spells.. they seem like moving moonwells to me......
they seem to be. blizzard made them really good, then made them bad.

They are both good for heavy meele and lots of casters, since you can either split the auto heal to wither mana or or health.

Tehy are amazing units, and should be included in every attack force. but that's my opinion

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
I've heard Statues are really good, are they?
Statues are probably one of the few things i like about TFT's units. In the beta, they did insane healing. it was like 4 healingwards that actualy were stacked. mad healing i tell u.

When they morph to destroyer, they become great anti-casters. they start with 0 mana and they can either take buffs from enemys and absorb it to get mana, or take your own players mana from like a caster. they have something called orb of darkness that does great damage but costs mana.

The reason destroyers steal mana, is because when they get mana it drains down to 0 which is really gay.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Just read it, holy s***, that's good, just like a Garg, except a mass type healer that can absorb magic? Man, that's gonna be tough.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Obsidian Statue is very much an integral part of any army. 3-6 Statues can provide amazing healing, and can replenish hero mana quickly. A Lich combined with those bad boys can Nova for almost an eternity, without using a single Ritual. That eternity feels like a really long time too, since I like using Nova/Impale. Wow, and I thought Nova/Carrion had been good... That thing's just amazing!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Also, the Statues seem to remove the DL from the battle, which is sad considering it's such a good hero to use. I'd miss Infernal for that, though the CL may change that.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The CL's Ultimate is actually a very useful fire-and-forget Ultimate. Assuming you can get it, you can set it off during a pitched battle and watch as the enemy units take damage while adding to the CL's HP. It's basically a long-lasting Invulnerability Potion, however, as most of the players I've fought ignore the CL and go for someone else. He's just too hard to take down when using LS.

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
the crypt lord is very good combined with some useless units to takes the hits while he picks off the units and stays healthy with his locusts, i played a AT with my freind and he went mountain giants and i went gargs, when i used my locusts, the stupid enemy couldn't get past the mountain giants, they were dropping like flys, no pun intended

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Doesn't it like only last for 30 seconds? If it lasted any longer then it'd be a real bitch if you were on the opposite side takin the pain! LOL!!

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Considering the CL's considerable strength and power, 30 seconds is a long time. 30 seconds is a long time for a Pally to keep running around with his damn HL. Now try 30 seconds for a giant bug who's Impaling troops and slicing things up, not to mention damaging you when you hit him at melee range, and yet is still recovering HP like there's no tomorrow.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Oooo....kinda makes me wanna go back to the Undead just to avoid such a thing happening to me.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Also, many semi-major battles are resolved in 30 seconds (whoa? Time it and see!), so yeah, it is a long time. At most, battles can last for a minute.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Also, many semi-major battles are resolved in 30 seconds (whoa? Time it and see!), so yeah, it is a long time. At most, battles can last for a minute.
It really depends. because if u have a massacure it could last for like 15 seconds, and some really big 100/100food battles can last longer than a minute.

I remember a battle where I could unleash 2 ultiamtes. cant rememeber what it was, but i remember ;)

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
30 seconds, though, is decent for 70/70 battles, moderately teched. I mean, you can deal 500 dmg/sec, and it's all over the place. Surely 15000 damage is enough to decide a battle?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
30 seconds, though, is decent for 70/70 battles, moderately teched. I mean, you can deal 500 dmg/sec, and it's all over the place. Surely 15000 damage is enough to decide a battle?
what....

Huge tier 3 battles last longer than tier 1-2 battles since more hp is given to each unit. add casters and healing magics to stretch out a battle, and there is resurection raise dead animate dead and reincarnation to raise more troups to increase a battles length.

I dont kno what you said, maybe what i said is what you meant.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I can't see why a battle can't last longer than 30 seconds unless all the units are killed in the first 5-10 seconds. Tier 3 battles do last longer but then the attacks are also increased, and besides, with both armies at strength to strength and increased attack for both, it becomes really chaotic. In reality though, the damage ratios should be the same. It doesn't matter if the armour increases with the strength of the opposing, it should negate each other faithfully.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
You are thinking as if both sides will have the same meele units.
Each race is unique in its units, so there would be a variety of battles long and short.