U~Need Help on last Mission in undead campaign

Lekta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Need Help on last Mission in undead campaign

Possible spoiler for those that haven't gone through the undead campaign.

I have tried it numerous times, to only have the enemy swarm over the fellow I am supposed to protect in the last minute of the campaign.

For any that are not familiar with this particular mission of the undead campaign (last level), it consists of the Lich summoning for a half hour in the middle of your base. You have to protect him for the full 30 mins to complete this level.

Any suggestions on how to beat this. It is just driving me nuts. It ends up being how fast I can hit the buttons to create new units for the ones that were slaughtered on the battlefield, and how quick I can create/repair my defenses. It is maddening...

I love this game and would love to continue on, but, I keep coming up short.. any help from you veterans out there?

Thank ye

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Veteran here. Well maybe not.

The trick to this mission is towering like mad. Build like 8 towers at each entrance and take the gold mines to the side for extra gold. Make sure there is a acolyte at each group of towers. I won after the 2nd time with this tactic. Also, make sure you get lots of units. I usually get fiends, gargs, and ghouls. Also get necromancers. These will help tremendously. Keep your hero moving from battle to battle to gain XP. Don't just keep him at one entrance. Another tip I have is to get siege also. So that you can kill off some of the siege the enemy brings with. It is a hard mission, but you can do it.

Did I forget to tell you to tower like mad? :D :lucifer

CptJackSparrow

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, it took me a few try's to get that last one but I got it eventually. I think what I did was make a few necros ( upgraded ) and abominations to take some damage while my zigs hit them with full force. That seemed to work after about the 10th time. The endings cool ( I won't spoil it ) but I thought it was the best movie that portrayed the story. Anywho. I hoped we helped o_O Late

~*Mitch*~

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Here's an overview.

Build another Crypt and get Necros and Ghouls, they'll act nicely against ground and air. Rally around Kel'Thuzad. If Ghoul Frenzy isn't researched (I think it is already, but just check), research it. Then upgrade to Black Citadel (You'll need Gargs to take out the later Gryphs. Don't use all of you gold on units! Pile about 10 Ziggs near the top of your main base, not where Kel'thuzad is. Keep pumping out units but don't go into High Upkeep! Don't haunt the extra GM yet. You don't actually need it. Upgrade your Ghouls to 2/1.

Keep those 10 Ziggs alive! Turn them into Spirit Towers and place a few Aboms there to take out the tanks. You might wanna make this 15-20 STs if you don't enjoy seeing fire.

After you get a Black Citadel, take a free Aco and unsummon the Ziggs that are shielding Kel'thuzad (yes, they'll become frustrating later, trust me). Sacrifice the Necros in battle, you won't need them. Get your Gargs to 2/1 and Ghouls to 3/1, you'll need it.

Don't take the landmines, they suck anyway. I always forget what's happened to them. :D Keep those 10 STs repaired!

On about 6 minutes left, pile your upkeep into high with Ghouls and Gargs, you should have a mass of crazy units in the middle now.

-Fighting-

Attack move 12 units to one siege, with Arthas. See a hero, Coil it when you can, or Cripple it and lay siege. Blizzard is nuts against Ghouls. ALWAYS RETURN TO KEL'THUZAD.

When you get sieged by 2 or 3 armies at once, stay just outside the temple and defend, at 2/1 or 3/1 they'll take them out easily.

-Other tips-

Block the entrances with the Infernals.
The 10 STs, guard with the Felhounds.

-Why?-

The 10 STs are there to prevent the Mage's Guild from wrecking your base in the final siege and making another third siege route to Kel'thuzad.

The Gargs must be kept alive. If you don't have too many, Coil a few to help.

You might wanna go 2/2 for both Ghouls and Gargs if your micro is bad, since Knights and Gryphs are damn deadly towards them.

On the final siege, send about 12 units up, since the Kirin Tor seem to die easily, then rally them to the Sorcerer's League and Ressurect the dead things with Arthas, and guard.

With this, I was still fighting and winning and Kel'thuzad took no damage.

If you wanna be evil, take out the bases with Meat Wagons. I suggest the Mage's Guild since they'll cause the most damage later.

According to a guide, Marn Magesinger is in the middle, kill him for a Tome of Strength and Ring of Protection +5. Kill him! Makes use later. Fordred Arrow lies at the top right of the map near a vault, take out the bases if possible and get a Scepter of Mastery and Medallion of Courage. Excellent items. But if you do so you'll win easily with only 1v1, so you can take out the other base.

Good luck.

Lekta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tried that tactic Aragorn, and I made it to 46 seconds. I just couldn't keep up with the zaug's getting destoryed so quickly. As I'm building them, i'm getting attacked and my acoylote are getting killed and such

Damn, this is a tough mission.

I try some other suggestions too.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok press enter and type in Whosyourdaddy but its cheating so only use it as a last resort

Lekta

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I finally defeated this difficult level. What I did was this: immediately sent an alco to the 2nd goldmine so that I could have a steady income rolling in at all times. Next, I built around 10-12 ST's above my main base, basically shutting off passage to there seige army. Next I made ST's in two rows across the remaining 2 paths that lead to the temple. I constantly had a alco repairing them as they took damage. Next I just concentrated on having a large enough army to withstand the final push. They didn't even touch the Lich once!!! =)

Thank you guys for all you helpful suggestions =)

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if nothing works then cheat.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TFT final undead mission which is the last level is easier then the roc undead last mission. that is pretty sad.

With undead, it is best to use the spells in the missions, since you cn abuse them much easier against the computer.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Just Tower up, and make alot of Crypt Fiends for the waves of Gryphs. At the End, they'll be no way to stop them, just ack as a meat shield for Kel'Thazad. When I played it, They got me down to just Arthas and the Lich, I think Arthas was killed at the last second too! Boy was I scared, just like in the Final Elf Mission, Archimonde walked right up to the seal, and I knew I'd have to delay him for 10 seconds. All I had left was my 2 Heros, and they fell like flies. But it worked!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Another dirty trick is to hide Arthas next to the Fountain of Mana and Raise Dead when in need and keep Coiling Kel'Thuzad. Though it's hard if ya do so.