U~ndead - Only 2 Strats?

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
Undead - Only 2 Strats?

Through my experience as an Undead player, I only found two strategies which work well.

Fiends, Frosties

Necro, Abom, Ghoul > Skeletons

I dun't know but I just started getting tired of doing these same things, why isn't it as open? It seems...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
There are infinite strategies. Fiends + Frosties doesn't work very well in my opinion. My favorite is a bit of everything:

-4 Necros
-4 Banshees
-1 Frost Wyrm
-3 Aboms
-7 Fiends
-2 Statues
-3 Heros

I never get more than 2 frost wyrms since they cost so much money. Getting just one is good though since it can cause lots of frosty ownage. It is important that you get fiends in your strategies since it is the only UD unit that has piercing. Necros + Banshees is just to piss the enemy off. AMS heros and use skelies and you will win almost any battle.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I swear, i got bored and massed ghouls with 3 statues and 6 fiends and beat a NE player with hunts dryads and mountain giants. it was funny.

Undead doesn't have a limited amount of strats. although i do find they dont have the same amount as the others that work, there are quite a few.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
It's always good to get a little of both, and Banshees work well with an army.

I haven't found Frosties and Fiends to work well, but Frosties, Ghouls, Aboms, and Fiends work well together, I've found. Include a couple Statues as well.

-Frank :cool:

styl3r_azn_1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hmm..Im finding it quite hard with undead now!! rrr.r.r.r.r massing Fiends as i usually do if i am undead, with 3,4 Frosties! i usually win if ma team doesn't CREEP ALONE!

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by styl3r_azn_1
Hmm..Im finding it quite hard with undead now!! rrr.r.r.r.r massing Fiends as i usually do if i am undead, with 3,4 Frosties! i usually win if ma team doesn't CREEP ALONE!
The point of team games is to work as a team. You have to be the leader if no one will step forward. Force them to creep with you.

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
Or you can ping the map a billion times.

Trust me, that works.

I just thought of another one!! MASS POSSESSION! :p

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Grimace
Or you can ping the map a billion times.

Trust me, that works.

I just thought of another one!! MASS POSSESSION! :p
lol i used to do that but u cant possess air units so i find it kinda useless

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
:O oh... darn...

Does it work with web?
You know, I guess I have never tried it. However I think that blizzard would find that loop hole and irradicate it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
:O oh... darn...

Does it work with web?
It used to pre patch. It might still work in ROC, but i know it no longer works in TFT.

I remember getting bitched at for possessing some guys gryphons.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I find whenever a guy gets whooped like all hell. or is winning for abit then gets whooped.... or sees something they dont know they fall on "Oh your a hacker" I have done that once of twice because i saw 5 blade masters. But he used some item of illusion or something. But since i know i am nOOb it doesnt offend me when i am called one.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you have the speed of lightning with your hands mass Possession might just work. Bring along some Gargs/Statues for aid. However, it won't work against stuff like SBs, so remember.....

Not suggested unless you're damn fast at micro.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow mass possession is good agains 10+ airs-wyrms,wyvs bats gryphs...

It really works but i think it's not so easy to ckick on each bansee and possess all-you must have a big ground army and the banshes behind

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
Wow mass possession is good agains 10+ airs-wyrms,wyvs bats gryphs...

It really works but i think it's not so easy to ckick on each bansee and possess all-you must have a big ground army and the banshes behind
Umm...you can't possess air units anymore.

---------------------------------

Possession
Displaces the soul of a target unit, giving you control of it, but destroys the Banshee's body. Possession cannot be used on flying units.

http://www.battle.net/war3/undead/units/banshee.shtml

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh on tft,I havent notice that.But you can polym airs cant you?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
You can poly air units....it makes flying sheep. ;)

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
I have problems when i try possesion....
question: can you multicast it in a whole group? cause when i try it only possess one unit. what i mean is, just hit the hotkey and click the unit you want, then repeat, like UF, or do you have to contol each individual banshee and pick its target, then click another banshee?

another question: if you posses a kodo, and it just ate one of your aboms, what happens to the abomb?

yet another: can kodos eat webbed air units?
lol im inquisitive today, sorry if im off topic

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
1. You can just select the whole group of banshees and click possession on all the units you want. Each banshee will possess a different unit because WC3's casting system is different than starcrafts (thank god!).

2. I have no clue. It is a very good question though....lol. The Kodo might just let the unit out? Most likely you might have to let the unit out yourself..lol.

3. Kodos cannot devour webbed units.